What type of job do you do?

Deleted by MiniMe*Escaping

Last edited:
I don't have a problem at work, it is at the stables I am shattered. Luckily my kids are off school so they have been mucking him out when he has been in at night, and my daughter has been riding him.

I haven't ridden all week which is unusual for me as I do most nights normally. I didn't want to overdo things in the evening as I am at work in the day. I am going out for a ride in the morning though, as I find my energy levels are higher in the morning.

I am a signal engineer for the railway so i work shifts over a 24 hour period and i work my full 13 days in a row and 72 hour weeks...........Knackered i hear you say???? For the first week definately. Plus like you i do have to concentrate quite a bit when it comes to fault finding and i have to think on the spot now how does the circuit in this piece of equipment work......

After the first week you will find (or i did last time) that i didnt need as much sleep as i used to .....i could be up all day doing a stressful job and then come home and still be active.

It does get easier honestly. If you find your mind wandering.....a cup of black tea or coffee, water or one of your packs will help.

Taz x

I am a signal engineer for the railway so i work shifts over a 24 hour period and i work my full 13 days in a row and 72 hour weeks...........Knackered i hear you say???? For the first week definately. Plus like you i do have to concentrate quite a bit when it comes to fault finding and i have to think on the spot now how does the circuit in this piece of equipment work......

After the first week you will find (or i did last time) that i didnt need as much sleep as i used to .....i could be up all day doing a stressful job and then come home and still be active.

It does get easier honestly. If you find your mind wandering.....a cup of black tea or coffee, water or one of your packs will help.

Taz x

i work 24 hour shifts too....how do you find eating???have found it a real struggle especially on first night shift. as im up at 8-9 in morning but dont get back to bed til 8 the following morning. i had a meal the other night just a bit of chicken and courgette but im not sure i always want to rely on food to see me thru. i tried to space out shakes as much as i could but found i was starving at 3 in the morning but didnt want to have another shake or i would have had to have 4 that day....which isnt a problem coz of my height but i havent got enough to do that!!!

I'm a student, and I started in study leave :p
So I avoided feeling rubbish at school.

i work 24 hour shifts too....how do you find eating???have found it a real struggle especially on first night shift. as im up at 8-9 in morning but dont get back to bed til 8 the following morning. i had a meal the other night just a bit of chicken and courgette but im not sure i always want to rely on food to see me thru. i tried to space out shakes as much as i could but found i was starving at 3 in the morning but didnt want to have another shake or i would have had to have 4 that day....which isnt a problem coz of my height but i havent got enough to do that!!!

I dont find it too bad really......The first night shift i am hungry definately because you are usually up for most of the day, jump on a night shift and dont get back till the morning. I dont have a shake before i go to bed in the morning......

Also if im really hungry i sometimes have boullion in hot water its quite nice like a soup.........or just split up my soup......into two parts.

Hope this helps a little.
X

I'm an SQA Engineer & work 30% from the office & the other 70% is spent either in airports around the world or a a plane or at a supplier's factory.

My concentration was bad on & off for the 1st week but seems to be ok now. I do have the odd day when i could just put my head down on my desk & fall asleep tho'!!!!

The worst problem for me is when I have to travel again. Luckily for the past 3 weeks I haven't been anywhere (automtive industry shuts down during the summer) but my first trip away whilst on CD will be in September & then i have another trip in October & then maybe a 3 week trip to Hong Kong & Taiwan later this year! Aaarrrggghhhhh.

Some of my job is very sociable so avoiding eating is very difficult. I haven't told any of my work colleagues what diet I'm doing so how the hell do you explain to someone who doesn't speak english very well that you're on a very strict diet?????

Full of energy tho'. Cleaned the house from top to bottom yesterday by 10am! Then sat in the sunshine all day! :D

I'm an SQA Engineer & work 30% from the office & the other 70% is spent either in airports around the world or a a plane or at a supplier's factory.

My concentration was bad on & off for the 1st week but seems to be ok now. I do have the odd day when i could just put my head down on my desk & fall asleep tho'!!!!

The worst problem for me is when I have to travel again. Luckily for the past 3 weeks I haven't been anywhere (automtive industry shuts down during the summer) but my first trip away whilst on CD will be in September & then i have another trip in October & then maybe a 3 week trip to Hong Kong & Taiwan later this year! Aaarrrggghhhhh.

Some of my job is very sociable so avoiding eating is very difficult. I haven't told any of my work colleagues what diet I'm doing so how the hell do you explain to someone who doesn't speak english very well that you're on a very strict diet?????

Full of energy tho'. Cleaned the house from top to bottom yesterday by 10am! Then sat in the sunshine all day! :D

SOunds pretty fabulous to me.....My job actually involves quite a bit of the social scene.....its a boy club so its one of the things i have to do to meet and greet so to speak.

I tell them that i am not hungry when they snack.........i eat a white and green meal wheni have to....fish and vege.....and i tell them i really like choc milk lol.....

Taz x

I'm a student and at weekends i have a job in a call centre which involves me sitting on my backside hehe but i found this week on the diet i was ok at work kept a huge bottle of water with me!

i must admit there are a lot of advantages to my job like seeing some nice places when i'm lucky but more often than not i am stuck in an airport or aeroplane or in a very industrial area. the industrial areas in places like india & taiwan really open your eyes as theres no proper toilets etc!! :eek:

i just 'fell' into my job as i've always worked in the quality department in different manufacturing industries.

sometimes tho' i just wish to be at home relaxing with my OH & my dogs!

Back