WHAT U WEIGH "V" WHAT YOU ARE ???

wannabeskinny

Silver Member
this is causing me confussion...

simple really ive lost 3 stone from 14.6 to 11. 6 only took 4 months which was great, decided to have a break over xmas, which i enjoyed gained a few pounds and lost them just after new year so still the same as i was before..

my goal was 10 stone, but my question is will that make me any happier than i am now??, im wearing 10/12 i can not get any smaller than that, im happy but unhappy as i wanted to get to my goal, but by getting there will i be miserable??,

Or do i decide to get to 11 stone dead but then am i looking for a reason to not be happy OMG im a mess

So really guys would you be happy if you were the size i am now and not be too bothered what the scales said, i think thats what im trying to say

sorry for being confussing x

Hi, firstly - well done on the fab weight loss!

Not really sure what to say to you but didnt want to pop by without leaving a comment. I think you have to go with what makes you happy and healthy - how tall are you? If you're a healthy bmi and are happy with how you look and feel then stick where you are, but if you are still not completely happy and can healthily afford to lose more then see how you go for the next few pounds, take it bit by bit.

I know how you feel about getting to your target though and how you feel like a failure if you dont get there as i will feel exactly the same if I decide to change my target as I get closer to it but I really do think you have to go with your feelings of happiness and healthiness rather than the number on the scales. Am sure others may disagree but at the end of the day you're dieting for you and no-one else so go with your own feelings.

Good Luck x

thanks for the reply my bmi is 24.5 so healthy and im 5 6 in height dont have the curves etc so straight up and down pole shape, thanks for the comments though you have made me think even more lol x

i would def be happy with the size you are now....i would give just about anything to be a size 10 - 12, and i really would not mind what the scales said if i was that size. Well done for your fantastic weight loss. I hope i can get to where you are in 4 months. x

hi Minnie64 yes i remember reading that post and thinking what a great idea, i am not seeing my CDC until next week, so yes i will be following that idea up... i think we put sooooooo much pressure on ourselves to be weighing a certain amount but in reality we dont need to be there x

if i got down to a size 10-12 i wouldnt care less what the scales said!!! :)
x

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:
i think if i was a size 10 - 12 ....i would join you

The more the merrier :D

Tho may I suggest we move somewhere hot?

Dont fancy naked rambling in Scotland.. would get arrested for having peoples eyes out :8855:

Hey Wannabee,

That is a fab weight loss, I originally had my target weight of 12st 6lb which would be a loss of 3 stone, but i have since revised it to 11stone, but to be honest, I dont really know what my target 'weight' will be as i have always thought i would like to fit into a size 14 comfortably.. an if that comes at 11 1/2 stone or 12 then so be it....
Sometimes though i think when we are overweight it gives us something to dwell on and when that goes.... there is a void, maybe you need to look at what that is too :)

I too am aiming blindly. I do not know what weight I will be, am aiming for 10st 10lbs but if I become a comfy size 12 then I will stop before then. My original goal was 12st but that has gone down a bit more. I believe your weight is just a number, a bit like your age. That's the reason why I threw my scales out because you can get too obsessed with how much you weigh.

Hi there. I kow how you feel. I went through this not so long ago, was totally confused about which goal to try and reach - whether to base this on dress size or on weight or something else. I think the problem was tht my mind, or my brain, hadnt kept up with my body shrinking. i had never expected to be at the point where a goal 'size' or weight was within reach. When i started my CD I said if I could fit in size 16 jeans I would be happy, and if I could fit in a 14 i would be happy ever after, but always thought that would be the absolute limit of any achievement. But, gradually, I lost weight, and then before I knew it I was buying size 14s all the time. Some 12s. i began thinking that I needed a definite 'goal' to get to. so i plucked 9 and a half stone from the air (well not entirely from the air, that would put me about bmi 24.5) but my CDC suggesed ten and a half would be better given the size I was and hshe thought I would look gaunt. This had me in knots for ages. i have been doing ww for a month or so now, and i think that has given me time to adjust. i am choosing the right size in shops instead of picking up the size 22, and I think this has given me time to catch up a bit. Goal weights are really not bothering me now, and size for the most part. I want to lose more, but no longer to reach a particular weight or size. I can see now how my body will look when i drop the last bit of weight. Whereas before I was a shapeless blob, now i can see a waist, a bum (big but I like it!) and the beginnings of some proper legs (you know what I mean - leg shaped) I want to tone up and drop some weight until I am toned and firm, whatever size jeans that puts me in. Sorry for rambling, I just think this 'acceptance' of my new slimmer size is a real breakthrough for me head wise. I always thought that if my size felt 'new' all the time, I could lose it so easily.

Back