What was "the final straw" for you?

I am so sorry to hear about both your son and your FIL.

IT must be awful as a parent to watch your child go through treatment.

But you are doing something positive and he will grow up with a happy healthy mum and he will be as proud of you as you will be of him, going through his treatment.

(((hugs))) to you, and good luck, with everything.

Thankyou Dinosaur.

40 next year ,so i wanted to enjoy 39 and know i look n feel my best . Didnt wont the fat n forty jokes to follow either .I was not fitting in to my regular clothes , and felt so uncomfortable when out , i had resorted to magic knickers daily , not good ! it was time xxxxxx

Barbie, bloody hell, you look great, dont look ur age at all!! Look like ur still in ur twenties!! Dammit!

My motivation was my holiday in 2 weeks time. I went away in Feb this year to L.A and Vegas and I hated the fact that when it was picture taking time I would have to always angle my face or body so that I could hide the fatness LOL so with that said, I didnt have as many pics taken and if I did it would all primarily be face shots LOL... Apart from the holiday being my sole motivation, it was horrible just getting out of the shower and seeing all the wobbly bits that shouldnt be there and I am only in my early 20's so I decided I needed to shape up, get prim and proper. So here I am...not much to go and I'm super excited! Best healthy thing I've done!!

I have many many many reasons, one is my little boy, I have PCOS so ordinary diets never worked for me, I tried for 6 years to get him and now I need to lose weight cos I don't want to be the fat mum in the playground. I need him to have a mummy that can run after him. I lost 3 stone last year but then had health problems, and it has all gone back on..

My motivation from this weekend was a nasty comment at a wedding reception at the chocolate fountain!! so enough is enough...

Some of my other reasons are:- I want to feel sexy, to be able to wear matching sexy underwear, I don't want to be the fat friend anymore, I want to be a yummy mummy, I want to be in a curvy size 14...

Loads more, but don't want to hog this thread...

Love

My reason mainly was iv got a 2 and half year old, iv got older children 19, 17 ,15 i always tried to loss weight when they were young but never did, so i don't want to be a fat old mum in the playground, plus i want to do more things this time swimming, running after my little girl, and she's a very fast runner.

Very similar to Scorpio Dawny .... in fact my name when I first joined was oldfatmum! I have a 13 year old and a 4 year old who starts school in September. I don't want to be the oldfatmum in the playground either.

This ShinyHappyPerson is getting there :D.

Back