What was the first thing you noticed?

shenzi

Gold Member
After you started your weight loss journey what was the first thing you noticed change about yourself?? As time has gone on what other changes have you noticed? And what are you most looking forward to as you reach each milestone.

For me after losing a stone and a half is that my trousers do not dig into my waist and i have lost the overhanging tummy when wearing my jeans :D
The thing i am most looking forward to is shopping in 'normal' shops instead of plus size shops!

Losing 12in off the waist and still shaking my head in disbelief at 32in waist trousers while contemplating size 30!

They still look like I stole someone elses and it never seems possible that they are MY size 32s!

Might take forever to get used to lol!

my clothes being loose for the first time in months and months :) such an amazing feeling knowing its working and youre on the right track....the thing im most looking forward to is being able to wear a bikini again and feeling confident on holiday :) and to be able to enjoy clothes shopping and parties again. Great thread :)
xxxx

First week I had to take two gold bracelets off,before they slipped from my wrist, second my rings spinning round. Then my clothes getting too big, I've sorted loads out of my wardrobe yesterday ;)

Punching a new hole in the old belt! now it has 4 new ones, each one 1" apart......T shirts hanging loose and the old bones not hurting as before.
Target is to loose 3 stone before my 65 Birthday in September, so far 2st 4 lbs...

Ooh your all doing so well its nice when you start to notice things weight doesn't always show but those inches certainly do!

I first noticed that all of my trousers became baggy around the thigh/crotch/bum. Then my engagement ring got looser. (I can't even wear it now!)

The biggest thing for me was going shopping with my mum two weeks ago and having to go and buy a belt to keep my jeans up. BUT...Instead of having to hunt for a 'Fat clothes' shop, I walked straight into New Look and bought one from there. And it wasn't even from the plus size department!!!

I am looking forward to being comfortable enough to wear skinny jeans!

Not just the obivious physical changes but also mental with my attitude towards food and being relaisitic - say if i wanted a binge instead of a full blow out maybe give me self 20syns if it is something i crave so badly.

Its amazing reading some of these, ive not long been on the slimming world diet, so reading this is a big boost and some inspiration for me :)

The first thing i have noticed is that i can button my work trousers up properly now and be comfortable, as you can guess i was absolutely thrilled and BEAMING all day :) xx

My wedding ring has become a lot looser and my face looks a little slimmer but apart from that everything else is the same will check again when i lose 2 stones. I am looking foward to shopping in normal shops and to look good instead of having a big belly sticking out and spoiling everything x

I noticed that my bra no longer left marks on my back. I never bought new ones when I put on weight.

Never having to try stuff on in changing rooms! everything is "off the peg"

Sometimes stuff is returned if too big as not planning in growing into them anytime soon.

First thing was my trousers were really loose on the waist (had to buy to fit hips so waist always a little loose) now over 2 stone off and my wedding ring is looser, half my trousers have been recycled and my jeans need a belt. I have gone down 1 dress size.
However the loose skin on my legs now makes me look like I'm wearing harem pants!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the next dress size!

Oh and I'm going to have to resize all my necklaces (I make my own) as they're far too long!

Back