what was your turning point

My sister got free audience tickets for the Michael McIntyre Comedy Roadshow in Dublin which was filmed in a former old theatre (more than 100 years old).

We had great seats 5 rows from the front .. but the seats were snug to say the least and I had to wedge myself in sideways which caused me to have a really bad neckache as the night progressed. One of the camera man took a shine to my sister and kept filming our seats... we show up quite frequently in the televised show and I just look so huge and bloated it crushed that lie I was telling myself about my size.

God so many reasons, wedding pics (oh's sisters wedding) self loathing trapped in binge- starve cycle, too depressed to go shopping in over two years, wear same clothes everyday (washed of course :p) so many to name but the real kick up the bum was summer coming and couldnt bear another boiling summer in jeans and a coat wasting my life, that and getting married summer 2012 and wont book anything until i have the weight off! xx

various reasons at different points in my life.

1st time i did cd i messed up. did a loose version of the old 790 plan. lost weight and it helped me get pregnant.

2nd time i did cd i wanted to loose weight after having my baby. i was really big and after being in maternity clothes for over a year i decided that enough was enough and i couldn't loose weight on a 'normal' diet and needed cd. my plan was to do the 790 again but my new cdc had something else in mind and i started ss.

3rd time i'd had my 2nd baby, my last and i wanted to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. i'd done ww whilst i fed him until he was 10 months and one day, at the gym, i looked in the mirror and looked like a square box. i hated it, i looked really bad and was no where near as fit as i was. i went back to my cdc and did ss. i had to stop when i was almost back at my pre-pregnancy weight as i developed a low iron level and medical stopped me using the products until it rose and i got the ok from the doc. so 3 months down the line and having had a very very stressful time with my mum being in hospital etc etc long story i'd put on a bit of weight.

4th time was to loose the excess i'd put on with stress (and over eating was about 18lbs) and loose more to get even lower in weight. here i am now!

Mine was seeing my wedding photo's and hating them, I won't have them on display. I so wish I had discovered CD before I got married.

@Great Things -- You have really made CD work for you. Inspiring.

@Falafel -- you could do a vow renewal when you're ready and retake those photos and display them.

MM

Hey,

For me: I lost allot of weight this time last year without trying - i had Gall Stones and could only eat porridge with soya milk due to ongoing pain! I lost approximately 2 stone over 2-3 months!!

When i had my Gall Bladder out i was so thankful not to be in pain and started eating normally again! it was just so wonderful to have energy and feel myself! Well as you can imagine i piled all my weight back on and now back up to 12 stone 8lbs :mad:

I chucked out all my fat clothes and now i am living in Black leggings and floaty tops and cardi's! So i start CD tomorrow on SS+!!!

Wish me Luck!
Mxx

Good Luck SWTH --

And, despite the difficulty of getting through the first few days into ketosis... I promise you that losing weight with CD will be lot less painful than losing weight with gallstones was. Poor you.

MM

Mine,pictures,what else.I got marriage in 9 march 2008 in Jamaica.On the wedding pictures I look like if I was pregnant but I wasn't,my daughter was born on Dic 2006.The pictures are not that bad but nothing to do with a thin bride.The thing is that it didn't even cross my mind to lose weight for the wedding,I was so excited that it was the least of my problems.
I had another baby since then and put on even more weight on,when I started CD I was 242lb,very heavy for my liking.My husband will never tell me to lose weight,he think that thare is more important things to be worry about but agrees that healthy is important.But on that wedding trip I met my inlaws who tooks pictures of us,pictures that I never saw until recently.They put them on facebook,FACEBOOK YOU KNOW!!!!so I saw myself,masive and I didnt even have on the weight that I put on after baby n.2.One week after I was on SS and is going great except from a two break that I took on January,the break wasnt that bad cause I took my shakes with me and I manage to have them for breakfast and lunch and a sensible meal for dinner,but I am not on the horse 100%.
Yesterday was my birthday so a bit of a free weekend,but back on ss tomorrow to get to goal for may.

Congrats Mummyof2 -- on your two children, wonderful husband, recent birthday -- and on being nearly 1/2 wa y to goal. Well done.

Once you reach goal, you could throw an anniversary party and ask your mother-in-law to replace the wedding pics on FB with photos from that event.

MM

I will do,told hubby that we should renew aur vowsas we haev been marriagae for 4 years next months but not leave togheter (he is in Spain due to visa reasons) we anly see eachother every three months.So I will be a slim bride this time round.

Thanks for all your replies guys. We dont half put ourselves through the mill, but you all show me that this diet can be done, ive read all sorts of horror stories (dam internet) but you guys on this site say it like it is both good and bad, so THANK YOU !

Back