Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What was your turning point?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Keighleyjo2010, 22 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Keighleyjo2010

Keighleyjo2010 Silver Member

I wanted to find out what everybody's 'turning point' was.

What was it that made you say- that's it time to shift this weight!

What is keeping you focused?

I am having super trouble actually starting and sticking to mine. I just can't focus on it.

I need a major kick up the jacksy!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wannabasize12

wannabasize12 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My turning point was our Disneyworld holiday in June...I was so unfit! I was in so much discomfort that I had to keep sitting down every 1/2 hour or so. The 9 hour flight was so uncomfortable too!!

I started the diet the day I got back nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm now 17 1/2 lbs lighter, 3rd weigh in on Monday.

I have a couple of reunions from September and I want to feel good for those.

Try to keep really really busy on the first 3/4 days on the diet and before you know it, you'll be in the swing of it. You can do it!!

4. lass321

lass321 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - at home
    My turning point was seeing a photo of myself - nothing at all like my self-image!!!!!

5. Illa

Illa Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.18%)
    Diet:
    Mostly raw vegan
    my turning point was seeing someone doing it, losing more than 80 pounds and feeling great. Ok that's maybe simplifying it a lot because it was more of an underground work (including psychological help) that made the change much slower than a proper "turning point". But it worked for me ;)

6. egbert

egbert Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I tried last year to lose baby weight while on mat leave on slim fast and going to the gym, got really into it and felt great, but after I went back to work it all went downhill.

The turning point for me was a few weeks ago, we were about to go on holiday, I gave myself a kick to get my cards paid off, cancelled the gym that was costing me a fortune while I wasnt going, and decided that I have got to be realistic, no point in saying that I am trying to lose weight because I have a gym membership after all, if I dont actually use it.

So I made 2 appointments for the day we returned from holiday, 1 to see the GP about stopping smoking and one to see the CDC. I dont know why I suddenly got on with it. I think it is because I have loads of changes coming up in Nov (being made redundant, need to find a whole new career and direction) and I just think I need to prepare for that, not keep putting it off, so I might as well stop putting off everything else as well.

7. ElaineD

ElaineD Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.69%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Size 20 jogging bottoms........no thanks

8. lil_legs

lil_legs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    im not sure really.. it just clicked one day !

9. Hayley 22

Hayley 22 would like to be slim

Start Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Having my DD and wanting to be fit and healthy by the time she is old enough to understand :rolleyes:

10. Fitandforty2011

Fitandforty2011 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.7lb(0.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Seeing my manager lose 12lbs in 12 days, when I lost 12 lbs in 6 months doing weight watchers!

11. Colony

Colony Full Member

Going on holiday and looking rank in a bikini!! X

12. fraffstar

fraffstar Member

My Mum at Christmas said to me: "Another chocolate? If you carry on eating then you will pop. You used to be so slim, what happened?" I was 12 stone 2 at that point and a size 16. It took me a few months longer to get my head in the right place but I'm now down 1 stone 11lbs with another 10 lbs to go. I can now just about get into a size 10 so it's kinda two fingers up to my size 18 Mum lol!

I do love her really but very harsh words from her :-/

13. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Creeping back up to morbidly obese again...decided enough was enough - also I started getting jowls...not good!

14. soozy84

soozy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Exercise
    It was totally unrelated but I found a lump in my breast. It was totally harmless (a fibrodenoma) and unrelated to my weight but I had to get an operation to remove it. In that moment I realised how much I was mistreating my body & how much I actually valued my health so I vowed to get fit and lose weight. When I reached my half way point I became a bit lax but now I'm motivated again to finish what i started :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.