What was your turning point?

Keighleyjo2010

Silver Member
I wanted to find out what everybody's 'turning point' was.

What was it that made you say- that's it time to shift this weight!

What is keeping you focused?

I am having super trouble actually starting and sticking to mine. I just can't focus on it.

I need a major kick up the jacksy!!

My turning point was our Disneyworld holiday in June...I was so unfit! I was in so much discomfort that I had to keep sitting down every 1/2 hour or so. The 9 hour flight was so uncomfortable too!!

I started the diet the day I got back nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm now 17 1/2 lbs lighter, 3rd weigh in on Monday.

I have a couple of reunions from September and I want to feel good for those.

Try to keep really really busy on the first 3/4 days on the diet and before you know it, you'll be in the swing of it. You can do it!!

I tried last year to lose baby weight while on mat leave on slim fast and going to the gym, got really into it and felt great, but after I went back to work it all went downhill.

The turning point for me was a few weeks ago, we were about to go on holiday, I gave myself a kick to get my cards paid off, cancelled the gym that was costing me a fortune while I wasnt going, and decided that I have got to be realistic, no point in saying that I am trying to lose weight because I have a gym membership after all, if I dont actually use it.

So I made 2 appointments for the day we returned from holiday, 1 to see the GP about stopping smoking and one to see the CDC. I dont know why I suddenly got on with it. I think it is because I have loads of changes coming up in Nov (being made redundant, need to find a whole new career and direction) and I just think I need to prepare for that, not keep putting it off, so I might as well stop putting off everything else as well.

Having my DD and wanting to be fit and healthy by the time she is old enough to understand :rolleyes:

Seeing my manager lose 12lbs in 12 days, when I lost 12 lbs in 6 months doing weight watchers!

Going on holiday and looking rank in a bikini!! X

My Mum at Christmas said to me: "Another chocolate? If you carry on eating then you will pop. You used to be so slim, what happened?" I was 12 stone 2 at that point and a size 16. It took me a few months longer to get my head in the right place but I'm now down 1 stone 11lbs with another 10 lbs to go. I can now just about get into a size 10 so it's kinda two fingers up to my size 18 Mum lol!

I do love her really but very harsh words from her :-/

Creeping back up to morbidly obese again...decided enough was enough - also I started getting jowls...not good!

It was totally unrelated but I found a lump in my breast. It was totally harmless (a fibrodenoma) and unrelated to my weight but I had to get an operation to remove it. In that moment I realised how much I was mistreating my body & how much I actually valued my health so I vowed to get fit and lose weight. When I reached my half way point I became a bit lax but now I'm motivated again to finish what i started :) x

Back