What was your worst habit?

I love pasta with creamy sauces and lots of cheese, and chocolate! Haven't eaten chocolate now since I started sw 3 weeks ago, it's a record!

Cheesecake mmmmmmmmm chocolate mmmmmmm chocolate cheesecake WOW I used to eat anything and everything involving chocolate could eat several bars a day and used to hide the wrappers from hubby!!!! And I also had a habit of finishing off the kids dinners. Am trying to break the sneaky food cycle but still want to binge every now and then!

Definitely savoury food. I'm not that wild about chocolate and sweets really - sugary stuff makes me feel sick.

But store-bought sandwiches - I absolutely love them. And Indian takeaways are the most delicious things in the universe!

I don't think what I was eating was that bad really, it was the amount. Portion-size is an issue for me. And the fact that I did absolutely no exercise whatsoever.

I ate junk over the summer, so I've put on quite a bit of weight, but I'm determined to lose at least two stone by the end of the year. I think by doing the complete opposite to what I was doing before will get rid of it - i.e. by taking regular exercise and not eating fast food.

I think one of the biggest ones was just "browsing" in the supermarket... I could spend an hour just wandering round and picking up anything that looked tasty or interesting. ANYTHING. Like someone else said, I couldn't choose between x, y and z so Id pick all of them. Then Id go home and eat most of it before OH came home.

Now I plan my meals and shop online so my meals are planned to be delish anyway and Im not tempted by rubbish coaxing me from every aisle in the bloddy shop.

I think one of the biggest ones was just "browsing" in the supermarket... I could spend an hour just wandering round and picking up anything that looked tasty or interesting. ANYTHING. Like someone else said, I couldn't choose between x, y and z so Id pick all of them. Then Id go home and eat most of it before OH came home.

Now I plan my meals and shop online so my meals are planned to be delish anyway and Im not tempted by rubbish coaxing me from every aisle in the bloddy shop.

See I still go and browse, but end up buying random veg & fruit I've never seen before instead.

kingleds said:
See I still go and browse, but end up buying random veg & fruit I've never seen before instead.

I do that too lol

Sassia said:
You are my food twin!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

And mine too! We're pizza/cheese sandwich triplets?! Lol!
I still love Dominoes. In fact, that is my planned treat when I lose my first stone. Bad, I know, but my kind of motivation (& secretly hoping I might not want it by then?!)

I'm awful in the supermarket, if I go down the 'naughty aisles' and see something I like, I pick it up, look at the calories, work out the syn value then spend 10 minutes arguing with myself over whether it should go in the trolley. With various take off shelf, put back on shelf cycles... gets me some funny looks but so far my head has overuled my tummy. The ending of my dilema is me throwing the offending packet of food back on the shelf and walking away as fast as possible...

My worst habit was sandwich making. Extra thick white bread with mounds of lurpack. Whilst making dinner, as 'supper', in fact generally when passing through the kitchen.

Although when I was at Uni (and hated my housemates with a passion) I could order a pizza 10", burger & fries and chicken pieces and eat the lot, with a ltr coke to wash it down - just because that made the minimum order price :eek: No wonder I gained about 3stone at uni...

Actually, my worst habit ever is eating until I physically feel like I could throw up. Haven't done that for a while...

When I sit down and think about it, my bad habits were many. You don't have to dig deep to discover why I have so much weight to lose. :sigh:

xx

Mine was snacking after lunch whilst my son was napping. I felt like I had to have something sweet after lunch so I'd keep popping into the kitchen for biscuits, cakes or chocolate.

Also bags of cookies, I found it impossible to buy just one cookie, at subway it's £1.20 for 3 white choc and macademia but cookies, they're soooooo good, 12 syns each! I'd polish off three in a couple of minutes! Also the white choc and raspberry Sainsburys finest cookies, 4 in a bag and I'd eat the lot in 1 day.
Wish the cost of food was directly related to how healthy it is!

My worst habit was cheese! And still can be some days if i fall off the wagon. I now buy the treatsize cheese's just so i don't eat the whole block.

My weakness was peanut butter and jam on slices of bread, don't matter if I was hungry or not, if I had a spare few mins I would wolf it down slice after slice until my stomache hurt...makes me cringe thinking about the lack of self control and I can picture what I must have looked like... a pig!

That's my favourite toast topping....needless to say I don't buy peanut butter anymore! I dread to think how many syns a couple of slices would be!

Oil, fat, butter, mascapone and cream!!! And I always feel I have to finish off a meal with something sweet. Would make loads of cakes, tarts and puddings full of these things.

Since SW I haven't had to change the pudding habit but make less sinful choices. Alpine bars, ff yoghurts, little bars Dairy Milk, SW recipe puds. Strangely don't miss my puds - family do though!

Now I make sure when I cook I use frylight and ff fromage frais instead of oil and cream. Not quite the same but good enough. Frylight is ruining my pans though!

My worst habit was chocolate biscuits for breakfast - sometimes a whole packet :eek:!
And they had to be dark chocolate digestives, normally dunked in a vat of sugared tea!

These days I still buy the odd packet but they stay in cupboard for a lot longer than they ever did before!

Another bad habit of mine is cider! This is still a bad habit of mine and every now and again I will over indulge and feel the full effects the next day. The thing is now, I just don't do it so often and I flexi syn if I know I'm going out.

My worst habit was chocolate biscuits for breakfast - sometimes a whole packet :eek:!
And they had to be dark chocolate digestives, normally dunked in a vat of sugared tea!

These days I still buy the odd packet but they stay in cupboard for a lot longer than they ever did before!

Another bad habit of mine is cider! This is still a bad habit of mine and every now and again I will over indulge and feel the full effects the next day. The thing is now, I just don't do it so often and I flexi syn if I know I'm going out.

If you made that a frothy coffee, I'd have had to sharpen my elbows - but now I'm good and haven't touched one for months; can't have them in the house.

Back