What weight should I be?

Sez

has started again!!
I am 5ft4in or 5ft 5in, depending on who has measured me ?!!?!?!? Anyway, I know I am still pretty hefty with a BMI of 29ish, but I am looking better now than ever in my adult life. (Also feeling fab too!!)

I have studied so many differing web pages, read different articles and looked at my guidelines from LL, and everywhere seems to have varying opinions..

So over to my fellow Minis... Where should I be at to be healthy, happy & looking ok (i.e. not too scraggy!!) Are any of you the same height? I have no idea if frame size makes a difference, or even what my frame size is??

Help please.......

Personally Id go for a weight where I feel healthy and look well. If I was to go for the mid range of my supposed healthy range Id have to be 10.5lbs which my doctor says is NOT healthy for my height/build. The target hes set me will still have me classed as 'officially' overweight.

I wouldnt worry too much about facts n figures. Go by what you feel and see

I think it's very much down to you and how you feel. I had no idea what weight or BMI I was aiming for, and kinda found out by accident. I know that at above BMI 25 I feel lardy, less than 22 I feel too skinny. My 'ideal' is 22/23, but this will probably change as I'm exercising a lot now, so it may be that at 23/24 I feel good. This is the thing with BMI, it doesn't take your body composition into account. Maybe it would help you more to aim for a size rather than a weight? I found a friend with a body size/shape I would have killed for, and just asked her what size she was, which was 12, and aimed for that.

Back