What went wrong?

Davis

I had my weigh in today for week 2 on my restart. First week I lost 5lbs which I was disappointed in as I stuck to ss and drank 4l a day. But today I have lost just 0.5lbs in a week on ss. :cry:

Why oh why? I did cheat 6 days earlier and had a tin of tune in brine and small 50pence size piece of beef. Im walking 2 hours a day and doing an exercise video when I previously did nothing.

My CDC said that the tuna was to blame but I just cant believe this as it didnt throw me out of ketosis and I have been in it all week. She said that she didnt believe I was in ketosis but I swear I well and truely am!

I did lose inches, 1" off my arm, 3" off my stomach and 1" off my bust. But it doesnt seem like that many inches lost to me?

Please help me. I feel like this diet is a total waste of money and only works for other people. I have PCOS do you think that could be the reason for my slow weight loss?
Thanks
Ba
x

the reason you may have only lost a small amount is beacuse you are turning your fat into muscle - muscle weighs a lot more than fat (i think its about 4 times as much) and so if you are doing lots of exercise then the fat is being turned into muscle and you will be changing shape - this is good because the more muscle you have the faster you will burn the fat!

Oh thank you so much for your reply. I have to say I actually cried after my weigh in as I had tried so very hard and just felt like it was all for nothing!

Do you think I should keep up the exercise? Im enjoying it so thought what the hell, go for it. But my CDC said to stop all exercise until I am a month into it?

U shouldnt really do any exercise for the 1st month i think so maybe just do a bit less or non x

I have PCOS.. and i have had amazing losses of 8lb one week.. 6lb the next, usually i loose 4lb a week on soul source, only ever had 1 week of loosing 3lb and that was because it was TOTM.. stick with it hun!! you might just find you retain alot of water x

I had my weigh in today for week 2 on my restart. First week I lost 5lbs which I was disappointed in as I stuck to ss and drank 4l a day. But today I have lost just 0.5lbs in a week on ss. :cry:

Why oh why? I did cheat 6 days earlier and had a tin of tune in brine and small 50pence size piece of beef. Im walking 2 hours a day and doing an exercise video when I previously did nothing.

My CDC said that the tuna was to blame but I just cant believe this as it didnt throw me out of ketosis and I have been in it all week. She said that she didnt believe I was in ketosis but I swear I well and truely am!

I did lose inches, 1" off my arm, 3" off my stomach and 1" off my bust. But it doesnt seem like that many inches lost to me?

Please help me. I feel like this diet is a total waste of money and only works for other people. I have PCOS do you think that could be the reason for my slow weight loss?
Thanks
Ba
x
Ok I don't believe the tuna (more the brine actually) is completely to blame although I think it would be a contributing factor (doesn't knock you out of ketosis by the way it makes you retain water...your CDC should know this!).
The fact that you are exercising could be part of it and in the long term the exercise will help you to not only lose that little bit quicker it will tone you up at the same time. You have to remember that if weren't doing it before then your body isn't used to it so to combine all that new exercise along with cutting back drastically has probably been a little bit of a shock to your body and it will just take a short while to get with the programme!
I've read on here that when you are on a first week of a restart you never get quite the same loss as you do the first time you did the diet as your body realises what's going on (amazing how it remembers that and yet when I want my brain to remember where I put my keys???...nothing!:p)
I would kill for that sort of inch loss by the way so you really shouldn't be disappointed with that side of it at all!
There is no way this diet doesn't work on anyone because the intake of calories is so low that your body has no option but to use up its fat stores, so don't go worrying about it not working for you but it does for others (you've lost 5.5lbs in 2 weeks haven't you???;)).
Don't give up, if you stick with the programmes your body will soon join in!:D

Hi Davis

I was also told that if you exercise for some strange reason you may stay the same or even put on for the first couple of weeks, however then it will level off again. It is something to do with your muscles grabbing hold of the liquid to help it grow and as fitoruni said muscle is heavier than fat and you have already noticed the inches lost, so your doing great, just hang on in there for a couple of weeks you will see its worth it.

Good luck and keep us posted. Lisa xx

Thanks everyone, I just went into the kitchen and said what the hell Im gonna eat chocolate to console myself.
But the moment passed and I left the kitchen with water instead. And now having read this Im glad. Im sick of being fat, Im just gonna stick at what Im doing.
Thanks again
Ba

I am only on day 2 so not really sure i qualify to answer your concerns but i do remember reading somewhere that your weight loss alternates weekly with inch loss. For example week 1 lose bigger amount of weight but less inches, week 2 lose more inches but lower weight, week 3 have a big weight loss less inches, week 4 more inches etc.......do you see what i mean? I'm sure i read this on the CD website forum somewhere, the poster explained it much better than i have and it really made sense but for the life of me i can't find that post to put on here.
I know how frustrating it is and how easy it would be to say what the hell...this is where i have always failed on diets in the past but try to concentrate on your inch loss aswell and realise your doing great and you WILL get there if you stick with it. Oh and well done at not giving in to the temptation of the chocolate...stick with it this week and i am certain you'll see a bigger loss.xx

Back