what wholemeal bread do you buy?

nimble bread was ok, will give the ww thick sliced wholemeal a go though, i do love thick sliced toast!:D

I bought Tesco's 400g wholemeal farmhouse loaf (having a sandwich on ham/tomato later as my supper)

just reading posts as am deciding weter 2 join sw is the ww bread nice and is it the browne small loaf please x

I couldn't see the weightwatchers wholemeal bread in Tesco today , where do they sell it? I got Kingsmill wholemill tasty rolls as one offer 2 packs for £1. Hope they are ok for HEB !! anyone know for sure?

Luckystar* said:
I couldn't see the weightwatchers wholemeal bread in Tesco today , where do they sell it? I got Kingsmill wholemill tasty rolls as one offer 2 packs for £1. Hope they are ok for HEB !! anyone know for sure?

Think I got mine from Asda as Tesco dont always have it.

I have started to buy the normal wholemeal as when i looked up the syns it was 3 for a small loaf and 4 for a normal one. So I weighed my 2 slices from a 400g loaf to see what they were and they were way under the 60g mark, in fact the 2 slices from a normal loaf came in at 75g so for a Hex and 1.5 syns for 2 slices I'm happy.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Alsmum said:
I have started to buy the normal wholemeal as when i looked up the syns it was 3 for a small loaf and 4 for a normal one. So I weighed my 2 slices from a 400g loaf to see what they were and they were way under the 60g mark, in fact the 2 slices from a normal loaf came in at 75g so for a Hex and 1.5 syns for 2 slices I'm happy.

Which make do you buy??

Thats exactly what I do, as I like my sandwich/toast to have some substance & I dont mind synning the extra

Birdmummy said:
Which make do you buy??

Only just started and it was son not me so I'm not sure, will check when I get home later but I think it is Hovis.

I buy asda wholemeal in the large load for my daughter. I don't really eat bread so when I do I just call it one slice for a hexB. It's not worth weighing it for the maybe twice a month I have it!!sometimes I just like a slice of toast to mop up my egg on a Sunday ;)

I usually buy Warburtons Wholemeal Bread 400g Loaf its great as i do Green Days and i can choose to have 4 Slice instead of the 800g Loaf when i can only have 2 :)

Back