what wholemeal bread do you buy?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by annabellz, 20 November 2009.

1. annabellz

annabellz Active Member

I'm going it alone and been have been buying Kingsmill Tasty Wholemeal Bread and using it as a HE but then realised it was a 800g loaf not a 400g so I guess I'm having to much and should class the extra as a syn?:mad:

I have tried weighing it but my scales are a little naff I think its around 50g but could be 40g!

So I was wondering what bread does everyone else get?
  2. annabellz

annabellz Active Member

I've just seen you can have 57g of ANY wholemeal bread as a HE so maybe I'm doing okay???
  3. Lindyxx

Lindyxx Well-Known Member

I use nimble can have 2 slices as an HExb:)
  4. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Nimble here too! (White and wholemeal)
  5. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

I love WeightWatchers bread, especially toasted. Nimble is really flimsy and toasts into an awkward shape lol maybe that's just me being fussy. If I can't get WW bread I use any wholemeal I can find in Morrisons!
  6. eternity

eternity Well-Known Member

I use the WW brown danish because you can have 3 slices as a HEB
  7. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Well-Known Member

We get the Hovis Wholemeal 400g, makes good toast and is great as sandwiches.
  8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

I like WW thicker wholemeal sliced bread (for toasting) it's 2 slices for a HEXB and I really like it, it holds a sandwich filling very well too without breaking up as the thinner sliced bread does.
  9. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

We buy Kingsmill Tasty wholemeal and I just have the one size if I am on EE and 2 if on Red or Green as both HEXb's. I don't think it matters to me because I'm not eating it every day like I used to be.
  10. vowles

vowles Well-Known Member

WW Thicker bread :)
  11. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Your Kingsmill bread is 4.5 syns for a medium slice and 5 syns for a thick one. And only one slice for a HEB. So as said either syn the extra or have two slices for 2 HEBs.
  12. Snugglepuss

Snugglepuss Well-Known Member

I have this too, its great for sarnies and toasties not like the thinner one :)
  13. McAsk

McAsk Well-Known Member

i have warbies 400g wholemeal loaf, its pretty good id say, not too small :)
  14. kazpeza

kazpeza Well-Known Member

i use ww thick bread too
  15. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

I use Sainsbury's own brand thick sliced bread from an 800g loaf. I count 1 slice as a HEB. I like it because its got the highest fibre content of all the wholemeal loaves I've looked at. Nice and moist too :D

If you prefer normal medium sized slices from an 800g loaf you can count it as 1 x HEB + 2 syns as they're 4 syns per slice and an average HE is 6 syns.

As for rolls I get the Waitrose essential wholemeal rolls. They're 60g each, not quite 57g but 3g isn't worth worrying about.
  16. annabellz

annabellz Active Member

I've just seen you can have 57g of ANY wholemeal bread as a HEb so maybe I'm doing okay as its slightly less than that,is that right?

Sorry to be a pain!
  17. avisk

avisk xx

Weight Watchers thick wholemeal for me too.

You really feel you have a substantial sandwich. And it makes good toast.
  18. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Yes but your 50g will be for one slice I imagine - and you have been having two - so as said either have two slices for 2 HEBs or syn the extra bit :)
  19. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Didn't want to appear a grump up there ^^ but you need to get things right, these are the things which can make a differerence when we are struggling, we learn to adapt the plan and make our own little rules.
    A HEX is approx 6 syns but not all of them are, eg 5 scan bran is only 2.5 syns.

I use 2 slices from a 400g loaf of Hovis Wholemeal.
  20. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Well-Known Member

Aldi have started doing a wholemeal in a 400g loaf so I get that now, its cheaper.