What will the doctor think?

kurious_oranj

Hello

newbie here :sign0144:.

I have my first appointment with a CDC on Friday (just 2 days!) and I know she will answer all my questions then, but I am so excited (and a bit nervous) that I just had to ask a quick question now.

Do I need my GP's permission to go ahead with the diet? I am fit and healthy (apart from all the excess weight!) and don't have any other medical problems. The thing that worries me is trying to explain or justify myself and the diet to a doctor if I need to have written permission. This diet is seen as rather radical and I imagine some medics might well feel rather prejudiced against it:(.

Please advise.

Thanks folks,

Kate

Hiya Kate.

As long as you have no current clinical problems, haven't had a recent operation, any other problems like diabetes/high blood pressure etc and your BMI is below 40 then you can self certify yourself onto the diet and should be able to get busy with losing weight.

I notice your ticker says your BMI is 31.8 and you say you are fit and healthy and hence no reason that you shouldn't be able to get losing quick :)

Saying that as with all weight loss programmes it is recommended that you make your GP aware that you are losing weight and seek his/her advice with any concerns that you may have as Cambridge counsellors are there to advise on the diet and are not clinically trained.

Mike

Thanks Icemoose, that was very helpful:D.

I do understand that CDCs are not doctors and I think that in the end my health and weightloss are my responsibilities. I was just a bit concerned 'cos medics make me nervous and I didn't fancy having to plead with my GP :eek:.

Anyway I'll leave off here and get back to reading all the other CD threads to get me motivated for Friday:).

Thanks again,

Kate

Back