What would you have done?

KD

Gone fishing
Weird things happen when I go walkabout. Why people pick on me goodness only knows.:confused:

I'm walking down a main road when I see someone waving at me from the side street I am crossing. She has her head and shoulders stuck outside the back window of a car and is waving frantically.

I assume it's a kid from school. It's getting quite dark...hard to tell.

I walk on giving a quick wave and "hiya" back, but something doesn't seem right. I notice she is beckoning me, so I decide to get closer to see who it is.

On approaching the car, I notice it's a lady. Mid 30's.

She tells me she is stuck in the car, can I help her get out. It's hard to work out what she is saying as the light isn't good. I tried the door handles, but they were locked. She had managed to open the back window half way.

I get the essense of the story. They had been chased by the police. The 'coppers' had taken her 'boyfriend', and then promptly locked her in the car.:eek: She had managed to open the back window half way, but couldn't open it any further. Nor could she open any of the doors.

My first thoughts were, if the cops had locked her in there, perhaps there was a good reason? Why would they do that?

Perhaps she's a well known figure to them and she was hiding on the floor...they locked it without knowing she was there?

She said they knew she was there. She told me they said "You can stay there!" and locked the doors, put boyfriend in the police car and drove off.:confused:

Very odd, but she does sound convincing. Can't think of any other explanation.

She went on to say that she had been there 3 hours and they obviously weren't coming back.

So what would you do?

For real!!?? I can't believe the police would lock someone in their car!!!! Sounds like something very dodgy so I would have walked (or run!) in the opposite direction.

Mike

For real!!?? I can't believe the police would lock someone in their car!!!! Sounds like something very dodgy so I would have walked (or run!) in the opposite direction.

Mike

LOL. It was all a bit dodgy. Must say, I wasn't sure what to do, but I just couldn't see that the police would have expected her to stay in the car forever...and would they be back? What if they didn't come back? What if she had hidden and they didn't see her, then found herself locked in the car?

A big art seemed true. Why make up something about the police when she could have said her boyfriend walked off and locked her in the car?

I would have rang police too, then let them sort it....!

But OMG did this really happen...?
That would be well freaky.

OOh how bizarre - I would have rung the police [out of earshot] to establish the truth! Then acted on their recommendation

I did consider that, but I can't hear well on phones most of the time...had no mobile...public box not closeby.

But OMG did this really happen...?
That would be well freaky.

Yes it did! It was freaky. Told DH and kids when I got home. They said...why you!!?!!

It's always me:confused: Perhaps because I investigate. DH would have most probably just waved back and thought nothing more.

Was 'attacked' the other night...another story:rolleyes:

What happened did you help her get out of the car ?
Sounds like you come across a few strange things and cant seem to walk away , bless !

Hope you have a good week xxx

Yes. I lifted her out through the half opened back window. I noticed a slight wiff of booze, but she was pleasant enough.

She told me she wanted to go to Ferndown, which is quite a walk. I pointed to the direction and left.

The story doesn't end there though, but anyway..I couldn't help but wonder what others would have done. It was a new one for me :D

Think as i never knew her i would have walked away and not gone to the car in the first place , but you never know unless your in that situation . Nice one x

I walked home, but was concerned about her and felt a bit guilty for not helping out more.

I gave a couple of lessons, but it was playing on my mind, so I decided to walk back to the car to see if she was hanging about.

She sure was. She was trying to climb back in.

I walked home, but was concerned about her and felt a bit guilty for not helping out more.

I gave a couple of lessons, but it was playing on my mind, so I decided to walk back to the car to see if she was hanging about.

She sure was. She was trying to climb back in.

LOL she was probably locked in coz she was drunk, you let her out she went to the offy and bought some more and needed somewhere comfy to partake of the alchohol.

It could only happen to you:rolleyes: :D

LOL. No, she had left her money, keys and fags in the car.

She had found enough cash in her pocket to buy a can of beer though, and had that opened in her hand as she was trying to 'slide' back in (rather unsuccessfully I must add!)

Yep enough for a beer so she came back to drink that and get the cash to do as I said before Lol

Still I bet you are her beshtest buddy now hic:eek:

Well, I do have this rule that I'll do what I think I can do....but they must never come home. My home address is waaayy out of bounds.

Couldn't work out how to get her stuff out of the car.

She told me that she had called the police and told them they one of them had locked her in the car. They told her that she would have to make her own way home.

We walked to the garage and I bought her some fags and a lighter. Then left her there whilst I walked home to get the car.

I then gave her a lift to near where she lived. Couldn't think of anything else to do.

She was a nice enough lady. Pretty sure she was a 'lady of the streets'. Not particularly the brightest light on the Xmas tree..but she can't help that.

The car is still there. Still with it's window half wound down:rolleyes:

Back