Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What's a typical 200 calorie meal?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Jaycey, 7 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Whilst talking to my CDC last night, I realised that not only am I not far off my target weight, but I'll be going onto SS+ before too long, eek! :eek: As I won't be returning to SS (not on this occasion anyway!) I want to get onto 200 calorie meals, rather than 4 CD meals and skimmed milk - I want to 'train' my palate again.

I know there are recipes in the CD booklet, but I just wondered what others had done for 200 calorie meals, and if anyone had any quick 'n' easy favourites. I am actually quite scared by this, as I am SO crap at calorie-counting (and any diet involving that has always failed miserably with me). For an example, say I was to have chicken and salad, presumably I could only have one plain chicken breast, but I assume I could load the plate up with salad? :confused:

Any pointers would be hugely appreciated - I don't want to mess this up! :sigh: :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    i am intruiged of this for when I am at target too so good post!

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining

[​IMG] Unfortunately, a load of salad could easily bring you out of ketosis. Really best to stick to the book. There's plenty of time to come for plateloads of salad :)

5. British_Claire_84

British_Claire_84 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Yep, just two tablespoons of green vegs allowed on SS+ It looks so rubbish next the amount of quorn/chicken we're allowed but best to play it safe with the amount of carbs, i didn't have a clue the amount of carbs that are in vegs before doing CD! I tend to microwave 220g of the quorn chicken style pieces with some pepper or such like flavourings (have to be careful with these) with a lump of brocolli put in with it to cook through for the last few mins.. Nice, quick and simple.. Also cottage cheese with lettuce leaves used as a 'wrap'.. Or the correct weight of cod/other allowed fish, baked in the oven in tin foil with herbs sprinkled on top is nice :) x

6. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Hmm, I can see I've got this all wrong - it's not about calorie-counting, it's still about ketosis, isn't it? (I'll have to see what I can remember from my Atkins' days!) I don't even like big plates of salad actually, I just assumed that that would be what I would have to eat!

I shall now be devouring the CD booklet from cover to cover (before devouring any food, that is! :D).

7. gadgetqueen

gadgetqueen Member

Hi
    I have just started adding a meal, I was doing SS with 4 sachets and I have substituted one of the sachets with a 150 cal meal. What I tend to do is either have a skinless chicken breast (100 grams) I know we can have 175gr but to be honest I find 100 grams fills me up or a small can of tuna in springwater or a piece of cod. I tend to put spices on the meat/fish for instance today I put curry powder on the chicken and I put parsley and paprika on the fish, I also have 5ml of fatfree dressing. I have found a website which lists the calorie/carb count of all the spices. I also have 11 cals of spinach (about a third of a pack, it was impossible to measure 2 tablespoons:)).
    I was very nervous about having proper food but the way I found it worked for me is to have either a porridge or a soup when I get to work. Since I am in ketosis I no longer feel hungry throughout the day. I drink 2 litres of water while I am at work and when I get home I have the small meal followed by a mixamousse so it seems like dinner and pudding. I then
    really look forward to one of the bars at about 9pm with a nice cup of coffee:D
    My meal works out at just under 145 calories which is just slightly less than a porridge.
    It doesn't make me want to eat anything else though and I am more than satisfied with my small meal.
    Hope this helps

Last edited: 7 April 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.