What's a typical 200 calorie meal?

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
Whilst talking to my CDC last night, I realised that not only am I not far off my target weight, but I'll be going onto SS+ before too long, eek! :eek: As I won't be returning to SS (not on this occasion anyway!) I want to get onto 200 calorie meals, rather than 4 CD meals and skimmed milk - I want to 'train' my palate again.

I know there are recipes in the CD booklet, but I just wondered what others had done for 200 calorie meals, and if anyone had any quick 'n' easy favourites. I am actually quite scared by this, as I am SO crap at calorie-counting (and any diet involving that has always failed miserably with me). For an example, say I was to have chicken and salad, presumably I could only have one plain chicken breast, but I assume I could load the plate up with salad? :confused:

Any pointers would be hugely appreciated - I don't want to mess this up! :sigh: :eek:

I know there are recipes in the CD booklet, but I just wondered what others had done for 200 calorie meals, and if anyone had any quick 'n' easy favourites. I am actually quite scared by this, as I am SO crap at calorie-counting (and any diet involving that has always failed miserably with me). For an example, say I was to have chicken and salad, presumably I could only have one plain chicken breast, but I assume I could load the plate up with salad? :confused:

thinkno.gif
Unfortunately, a load of salad could easily bring you out of ketosis. Really best to stick to the book. There's plenty of time to come for plateloads of salad :)

Yep, just two tablespoons of green vegs allowed on SS+ It looks so rubbish next the amount of quorn/chicken we're allowed but best to play it safe with the amount of carbs, i didn't have a clue the amount of carbs that are in vegs before doing CD! I tend to microwave 220g of the quorn chicken style pieces with some pepper or such like flavourings (have to be careful with these) with a lump of brocolli put in with it to cook through for the last few mins.. Nice, quick and simple.. Also cottage cheese with lettuce leaves used as a 'wrap'.. Or the correct weight of cod/other allowed fish, baked in the oven in tin foil with herbs sprinkled on top is nice :) x

Hmm, I can see I've got this all wrong - it's not about calorie-counting, it's still about ketosis, isn't it? (I'll have to see what I can remember from my Atkins' days!) I don't even like big plates of salad actually, I just assumed that that would be what I would have to eat!

I shall now be devouring the CD booklet from cover to cover (before devouring any food, that is! :D).

Hi
I have just started adding a meal, I was doing SS with 4 sachets and I have substituted one of the sachets with a 150 cal meal. What I tend to do is either have a skinless chicken breast (100 grams) I know we can have 175gr but to be honest I find 100 grams fills me up or a small can of tuna in springwater or a piece of cod. I tend to put spices on the meat/fish for instance today I put curry powder on the chicken and I put parsley and paprika on the fish, I also have 5ml of fatfree dressing. I have found a website which lists the calorie/carb count of all the spices. I also have 11 cals of spinach (about a third of a pack, it was impossible to measure 2 tablespoons:)).
I was very nervous about having proper food but the way I found it worked for me is to have either a porridge or a soup when I get to work. Since I am in ketosis I no longer feel hungry throughout the day. I drink 2 litres of water while I am at work and when I get home I have the small meal followed by a mixamousse so it seems like dinner and pudding. I then
really look forward to one of the bars at about 9pm with a nice cup of coffee:D
My meal works out at just under 145 calories which is just slightly less than a porridge.
It doesn't make me want to eat anything else though and I am more than satisfied with my small meal.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Back