whats fast forward?

rach3

Someone in group this morning was talking about fast forward last week & someone else had done it the week before, anyone know what this is? x

I have done it. Once, for one week. It would be a desparate day to do it again.

It is a 'plan' for 1 - 2 weeks max, that you can only be given details of by your consultant. It is a 'last resort' plan, and not an easy option!

The FF plan consists of a small booklet with a list of meal options - each worth so many units. You are allocated a number of units per day. There is NO free food. Everything is weighed. You select how you use your units. You have to have lots of water each day. You have to select your week of food in advance and you should tell your consultant at the start of the week *exactly* which choices you have made.

It is restrictive and dull, but achievable and effective. I did 1 week and lost 6lb after having maintained for weeks and weeks and weeks, and was about to chuck SW in.

If you are at the point you need it, talk to your consultant, and they will say if it is right for you or not. SW themselves describe it as a straightjacket.

Hiya,

It's basically a much stricter version of the normal SW plan. You are given a certain number of 'points' (a bit like WW) and everything (and I mean absolutely everything) has to be weighed out exactly and has points. No free foods and no snacking - the only things that are free are NAS squash, black tea/coffee, water, stuff like that.

I believe it works, but is a bit of a last resort if nothing else is working (and it takes quite a bit of the consultant's time to go through everything and work out your personal points allowance). From what I hear, after a few days of that, you're very grateful for the flexibility SW offers!

Hope that helps a bit.

thanks for the replies! I have no need to do ff at the moment though just wondered what it meant as i'd heard people talking about it. x

is there anyway of finding out anymore info on it just i dont fancy any kind of lecture of my consultant asim getting a bit stuck so need to get a kick start again

I'm doing it at the mo! believe me, it's very hard. For breakfast, I had 2 slices toast with 2 tsp marmalade, a banana, water and a cup of black tea.

Lunch was 5oz baked beans on toast, followed by a satsuma.

Tea was 4oz prawns, half a nest of noodles, 3oz brocolli, 3oz baby corn. I'm having 4oz raspberries and 5 tbsp fromage frais shortly. I'm drinking loads, and I'm starving all the time.

I was bouncing the same 2 or 3 pounds around since the start of the year. believe me, I am NEVER doing this again. I want food!:cry:

is there anyway of finding out anymore info on it just i dont fancy any kind of lecture of my consultant asim getting a bit stuck so need to get a kick start again

Hiya,

Are you getting stuck with the plan, or getting stuck with losing weight? I see from your signature you've only been doing this for 3 weeks - SW isn't one of those diets that lets you lose lots and lots of weight very quickly, and you look like you're doing fine to me.

Fast Forward isn't a 'lecture' off your consultant - it's a two way process as you both have to work together to work out what to do that week (and make sure you've tried every other option out there before you get to FF). I'm sure your consultant would happily chat to you about it, but otherwise, Google it - I'm sure you'll find info about it (I did).

I'm doing it at the mo! believe me, it's very hard. For breakfast, I had 2 slices toast with 2 tsp marmalade, a banana, water and a cup of black tea.

Lunch was 5oz baked beans on toast, followed by a satsuma.

Tea was 4oz prawns, half a nest of noodles, 3oz brocolli, 3oz baby corn. I'm having 4oz raspberries and 5 tbsp fromage frais shortly. I'm drinking loads, and I'm starving all the time.

I was bouncing the same 2 or 3 pounds around since the start of the year. believe me, I am NEVER doing this again. I want food!:cry:

I am just going to send you some <<hugs>> i have done it - I know the meal choices you have chosen, it is hard, but IT IS WORTH IT :D

when do you [STRIKE]stop the torture[/STRIKE] weigh in?

WI is Tuesday, but I'm stopping this on Monday as I'm booked to go out for a meal. I've drunk so much - 3 bottles of water since yesterday, s/f fizzy stuff, tea (I always drink mine black anyway, so that's no hardship)

I'm fed-up, irritable, and generally very moody.

Hiya,

Are you getting stuck with the plan, or getting stuck with losing weight? I see from your signature you've only been doing this for 3 weeks - SW isn't one of those diets that lets you lose lots and lots of weight very quickly, and you look like you're doing fine to me.

Fast Forward isn't a 'lecture' off your consultant - it's a two way process as you both have to work together to work out what to do that week (and make sure you've tried every other option out there before you get to FF). I'm sure your consultant would happily chat to you about it, but otherwise, Google it - I'm sure you'll find info about it (I did).

no ive been doing for a while just havent updated details

Back