Whats for breakfast?

Planning to make a scan bran cake tomorrow- thinking carrot as its all I have in lol. Would anyone know if you put ginger in it?

Planning to make a scan bran cake tomorrow- thinking carrot as its all I have in lol. Would anyone know if you put ginger in it?

think you do put ginger in it...i'm sure there's a recipe on the sw site if you can get on?x

in fact...just found this for you if it's any good....

CAKE:Splash of Boiling water
5 Scan Bran
1/2tbsp Golden syrup
2 large carrots, grated
7tbspn SYN free granulated sweetener
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp ground nutmeg
1tsp all spice
3 Eggs, beaten
drop of vanilla essence

TOPPING:
1 tub Quark
drop of vanilla essence
1tbsp SYN free granulated sweetener
zest of 1 lemon

Soak Scan Bran in boiling water until soft. Drain then mash. Add syrup, carrot, sweetener and spices and mix well. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring thouroughly. Pour into microwaveable dish (such as a silicone cake tin) and cook in microwave for 4 mins (it should start to shrink from sides a little)
For the topping, mix all ingredients together then spread over the cooled cake

7 SYNS for the WHOLE cake or 1 SYN if using Scan Bran as a HEb

in fact...just found this for you if it's any good....

CAKE:Splash of Boiling water
5 Scan Bran
1/2tbsp Golden syrup
2 large carrots, grated
7tbspn SYN free granulated sweetener
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp ground nutmeg
1tsp all spice
3 Eggs, beaten
drop of vanilla essence

TOPPING:
1 tub Quark
drop of vanilla essence
1tbsp SYN free granulated sweetener
zest of 1 lemon

Soak Scan Bran in boiling water until soft. Drain then mash. Add syrup, carrot, sweetener and spices and mix well. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring thouroughly. Pour into microwaveable dish (such as a silicone cake tin) and cook in microwave for 4 mins (it should start to shrink from sides a little)
For the topping, mix all ingredients together then spread over the cooled cake

7 SYNS for the WHOLE cake or 1 SYN if using Scan Bran as a HEb
That's fab- I have all the ingredients in!
Thank you! X

no worries...i'm dying to make it but don't have a few of the ingredients....do you think it would be ok without the nutmeg and all spice?? (cos that's what i don't have lol)
you'll need to let me know how it is ;) x
Just realised I don't have any Quark until I go shopping so I'm going to make just the cake.
Once I'm out of bed I'll crack on with it and let you know. X

Yogurt, Banana and Apple this morning

Here it is: scan bran carrot cake, whole thing 1 Syn as the scan bran is my HEXB today.

Having 1/2 now with 1 Syn of Anchor light real aerosol cream- yummy!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    817.2 KB · Views: 127
mmmm! lol

what's your take on it...do you think i'd get away with making it without the nutmeg and all spice??x
You can't actually taste the nutmeg or allspice, its the ginger that stands out- I'd say it'd be fine without.
Bloody lovely tho- saving the other half for a late night snack :)

Can't stop eating this morning. Don't know whether it's the cold weather or what, but so far I've already eaten a fruit salad of apple, strawberries, blueberries and grapes and 2 x rocky road HiFi Light bars. Thinking of having a banana soon!!

I had no inspiration nor motivation this morning so I just had 2 slices wm toast with flora light and jam!!

I know I'll be hungry again now though before lunch :(

Had a tatsty breakfast of WM bread toasted with mushrooms, bacon and spring onion cooked and a tsp of LF soft cheese added (1syn)
mushrooms.JPG

Hubby treated me to breakfast out this morning at frankie & bennys. I had 2 poached eggs, grilled flat mushroom & tomato and a small slice of wholemeal toast. Delish, and all on plan and no syns! Result! i asked the chef to prep it with no oil and butter and they were happy to do so:D xxxx

Back