Whats for breakfast?

Kim I love it you have a wicked sense of humour-bet your patients love you!!!!!!

Thats really lovely of you to say that Mazie, but Im an ITU nurse & most of my patients will be in the land of nod...which Im sure they're thankful for. At the moment tho Im looking after a little boy in his own home & I have reverted to 'baby speak' & watching CBBies!!! :D

Thats really lovely of you to say that Mazie, but Im an ITU nurse & most of my patients will be in the land of nod...which Im sure they're thankful for. At the moment tho Im looking after a little boy in his own home & I have reverted to 'baby speak' & watching CBBies!!! :D

It takes someone special to work as an IC nurse.

Yeh that breakfast is fine. I struggle with breakfasts too, cos I like to be hungry before I eat - which I never am half an hour after getting up! My variety tends to be:

Toast and a banana
Fruit&FF yog
Puffed Wheat with blueberries
Porridge with fruit
Porridge made with FF Yog and fruit

and on the weekends

Fry Up (SW style)
Omelette
Bacon&tomato sarnie

etc etc etc!!!

Breakfast

Hi
What does every 1 have for breakfast? Im not really in to fry-up that early. Would like to know more options, Are smoothies out yeah??

Hi
I'm pretty new to this but so far I've been having 2 Weetabix with a small amount of Skimmed milk or Shape Zero and Melon. Someone mentioned Puffed Wheat as you get quite a bit for the weight you are allowed as a HEB.

A measly banana!!! :sigh:

Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance - note to self!!!!!

All bran, skimmed milk and chopped up banana here too!

This morning I had scrambled eggs and mushroom on toast (HexB) with SW hummus spread on toast - yes I am weird!!!! :D ;)

I am on earlys at work & bored of cereal so have been expermenting with the microwave. Yesterday I had microwaved quorn sausages (they were nice just not brown)with mushrooms (again done in the microwave) & toast (not done in the microwave :D) & today I'm having microwave scrambled egg with mushrooms & toast

nah, not weird, a bit of what you fancy does you good (within reason) I had jellied eels for breakfast Saturday!!

Wow Debridger, I've never had jellied eels before!! What are they like? What consistency do they have and how are they served? I've always wanted to know! I'm quite open minded and experimental with trying new things but I have always been a bit put off by their appearance and have never taken the plunge!! Please tell me they're nicer than they look!!X

Welcome to my first day Rozie! lol..

Breakfast is 2 weetabix with a little splenda and a chopped banana...

Wow Debridger, I've never had jellied eels before!! What are they like? What consistency do they have and how are they served? I've always wanted to know! I'm quite open minded and experimental with trying new things but I have always been a bit put off by their appearance and have never taken the plunge!! Please tell me they're nicer than they look!!X

OK, first things first... they're free on red/EE - so that's a good start.
If jellied, you eat them cold, and I add vinegar and black pepper.
they have a spinal bone, but you can suck the meat off of it, and you don't end up with a mouthful of bones, although nibbling round or just pulling off the meat with your fingers works just as well.
The fish is quite 'meaty' in texture, but pretty mild in flavour, a bit chickeny I guess and the skin is edible, although this time of year, the skins are a bit thicker due to the weather, so I don't eat it, although I do later in the year when it's warmed up and the skin is thinner.

I guarantee they taste better than they look.

The ones that are semi circle in shape are better as they have more meat...

I bought pre-packed from the supermarket once, they were not good, I don't know if I was unlucky or not, but it would have put me off it it was the first I'd had...so if you can buy them from a seafood stall, or loose, they would be better.
Give 'em go :)

Back