Whats for breakfast?

ermintrude said:
Wow you lot all have such varied breakfasts! :eek: I have toast 'n' Marmite every day of the week. How could I NOT have Marmite for brekky??? :confused:

I sometimes have marmite on toast then beans on the top if I'm having a green day !!!

I had a jam sandwich and some frosties. Syn day today......

I sometimes have marmite on toast then beans on the top if I'm having a green day !!!

Ohhhhh om nom noooommmmmm! I lurrrve Marmite & cheese paninis but they are strictly NOT SW-friendly :( *weep*:cry:

SW pancake with a banana and some FF fromage frais mixed with vanilla essence and sweetener.

EE day for me. :D

Hope u don't mind me asking, but where do u live,that sounds like an interesting breakfast :)

Hi Tracy

I live in Japan. And so the rice bit only is the normal bit of my breakfast. My friends here laughed at me when they found out I eat cheese instead of something 'more normal' like natto (sticky fermented soy beans)... Which can grow on you, but not for breakfast as yet... However one of my friends tried my cheesy rice and is now a convert, although not for her breakfast!

I only really got onto the rice for breakfast when I bought a rice cooker 4 years ago and found that it was such a quick hot syn-free breakfast and used less healthy extras. Sometimes I add kimchi (not sure how many syns though). Or have scrambled eggs and smoked salmon with it. I'm a bit of a rice cooker evangelist! 6 or 7 years ago I hardly ate rice!

I love marmite and baked beans on toast too! But I have to make my own wholemeal bread as I can't buy it here...:jelous:

fit4hols said:
Hi Tracy

I live in Japan. And so the rice bit only is the normal bit of my breakfast. My friends here laughed at me when they found out I eat cheese instead of something 'more normal' like natto (sticky fermented soy beans)... Which can grow on you, but not for breakfast as yet... However one of my friends tried my cheesy rice and is now a convert, although not for her breakfast!

I only really got onto the rice for breakfast when I bought a rice cooker 4 years ago and found that it was such a quick hot syn-free breakfast and used less healthy extras. Sometimes I add kimchi (not sure how many syns though). Or have scrambled eggs and smoked salmon with it. I'm a bit of a rice cooker evangelist! 6 or 7 years ago I hardly ate rice!

I love marmite and baked beans on toast too! But I have to make my own wholemeal bread as I can't buy it here...:jelous:

Hope u didn't mind me asking!
Wow , it must be exciting living in japan,did ur job take u there ?

I will have some wholemeal toast later just for you!!!lol

Tracy831 said:

I'm so glad you asked about this, I too was wondering about where you would eat this for brekkie, sons pretty Delish tho x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Didn't mind at all! My job didn't take me here - I came here on holiday once and retrained as an English teacher so I could live here! Fantastic place to live, but because so many people are hyper-slim it kind of focuses you!:D

I think I am going to have one slice of bread (I'm going to try spraying it with butter fry lite then toasting it, saw someone talking about that) with 3 quorn sausages and half/half tin toms and baked beans

lovetosew said:
I think I am going to have one slice of bread (I'm going to try spraying it with butter fry lite then toasting it, saw someone talking about that) with 3 quorn sausages and half/half tin toms and baked beans

Do u think bread & frylite would work in the actifry? Was thinking about trying it...!

dreamslim said:
Just 2 slices of wholemeal toast for me. What is this about spraying it with frylite? Haven't heard this one.

Spray your lightly toasted bread with butter fry light and then pop it under the grill! It tastes like buttered toast!! But you need to heat the butter-fry-light otherwise it tastes too artificial :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Spray your lightly toasted bread with butter fry light and then pop it under the grill! It tastes like buttered toast!! But you need to heat the butter-fry-light otherwise it tastes too artificial :)

I didn't even know there was a butter frylite :eek: am going shopping tonight so will have to find it, is it free (syns obviously, guessing the supermarkets don't just give it away, haha) and does it really work as a butter replacement?

dreamslim said:
I didn't even know there was a butter frylite :eek: am going shopping tonight so will have to find it, is it free (syns obviously, guessing the supermarkets don't just give it away, haha) and does it really work as a butter replacement?

It's the same bottle as normal frylite but is light green instead of yellow! It tastes very plasticy if not heated properly-hence saying about putting it under the grill! It's nice in a pan with garlic and mushrooms :) and then stir in a bit of quark and veg stock! Nommy :)

I was really impressed with the butter frylite trick! I sprayed two pieces of bread with it on both sides then put them in the toaster and had them with my beans/toms and it was a bit like having fried bread but without it being greasy - I don't actually like fried bread, never have - but this was nice, kinda like the flavour of buttered toast without the wetness but with a hint of a fried texture. I will definitely do that again for a bit of a change

Do u think bread & frylite would work in the actifry? Was thinking about trying it...!

ooh, I have no idea, I don't have an actifry, are they any good? I've never had a deep fryer or done any deep frying at home so I don't suppose I need one but they do sound great!

Back