Whats for breakfast?

Activia 0% yoghurt, pink lady apple and a funsize banana

Banana and a cup of tea ?

I tried these yesterday as well - whilst they looked like pancakes they tasted like grim and the texture was awful. Just like a lot of the fakey SW recipes, looks like the real thing but tastes awful! :( You'd think i would have learned by now! Going back to my mantra of 'would I eat it if I wasn't on a diet?' and not being tempted away again lol!

wow...yours look so much better than mine did lol.
i wasn't keen either...and that was me doubling the amount of sweetner! chewy and cheesy with a hint of vanilla - they're not for me but hey...we gotta try ;) x

think it'll be scrambled egg, bacon, 1 slice of wholemeal bread (1/2 HEb) spread with 1 extra light laughing cow cheese tri (part of my HEa) with some fruit salad for my superfree....
hungry hungry this morning so the sooner i get off of here....i can make it and eat! lol x

Sausage sandwich!!! HEXB of 2 slices Warburton wholemeal bread and Syn free sausages! Yes you read that right- Syn free!!
MIL local butcher (Holland on Sea, Essex) does Syn free sausages in all flavours, all been certified by SW as Syn free!
We now have a freezer full, and placed another order :)
0.5 Syns for a tbsp reduced salt Heinz tomato ketchup :)

Sausage sandwich!!! HEXB of 2 slices Warburton wholemeal bread and Syn free sausages! Yes you read that right- Syn free!!
MIL local butcher (Holland on Sea, Essex) does Syn free sausages in all flavours, all been certified by SW as Syn free!
We now have a freezer full, and placed another order :)
0.5 Syns for a tbsp reduced salt Heinz tomato ketchup :)

oooh sooo jealous! lol
i want to ask my local butcher if they have/can do syn free sausages. i know you said your butchers were certified...but do you know what's in them (or not in them) to make them syn free?
are they just 100 extra lean meat with herbs? not sure what i'd be asking for but don't want someone just to tell me in the shop that that's what they are so that they get a sale? x

oooh sooo jealous! lol
i want to ask my local butcher if they have/can do syn free sausages. i know you said your butchers were certified...but do you know what's in them (or not in them) to make them syn free?
are they just 100 extra lean meat with herbs? not sure what i'd be asking for but don't want someone just to tell me in the shop that that's what they are so that they get a sale? x
It's extra lean pork, all the fat is taken out, herbs and flavours, he's got a certificate on his wall from SW, MIL is a regular customer as she's been on SW for a while and she takes all his stock!
Its a hard one, cos you could ask for low fat, but that wouldn't mean Syn free. I think it's best to have a recommendation for someone, cos I'm like you, very wary about what's in them, but I've seen the certificate so I'm happy that they are Syn free.
Plus butchers wife is a friend of my MIL and she's on SW too, that's how he started making the sausages x

SW actually stopped certifying butchers a year or two ago as they found it too hard to keep track of whether butchers were actually always supplying syn free sausages - apparently there were cases of butchers getting certified by showing SW syn free sausages and then supplying cheaper (non-free) sausages to customers!

Some butchers still display the old certificates - ultimately it comes down to trust. If you've had a long term business relationship with your butcher and continue to have good losses then you are probably fine.

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/223966-warning-slimming-world-butchers.html
Interesting... He displays a certificate but I'm not sure how old it is.
I don't actually know him that well, but my MIL has known them for years so I trust her.
I'll just have to keep an eye on my losses.
Thanks for the warning x

Yea if she's been using him for years, he's probably not a "fly by night" kind of guy, just keep an eye on it :)
Shall do, thank you :)

It's extra lean pork, all the fat is taken out, herbs and flavours, he's got a certificate on his wall from SW, MIL is a regular customer as she's been on SW for a while and she takes all his stock!
Its a hard one, cos you could ask for low fat, but that wouldn't mean Syn free. I think it's best to have a recommendation for someone, cos I'm like you, very wary about what's in them, but I've seen the certificate so I'm happy that they are Syn free.
Plus butchers wife is a friend of my MIL and she's on SW too, that's how he started making the sausages x

i saw that sw no longer certify people but i reckon they should all do it...they'd make a fortune! butcher meat is always better cos they pride themselves on providing the best cuts etc but as customers...we don't really know what's in them.
my friend's sister works in a butcher and i asked her to ask, i told her that it needs to be extra lean meat, less than 5% fat etc and she said they can do them but i'm slightly wary cos as you say - low fat doesn't always mean syn free!
i see people going on about Joe's sausages but at £3.40 a pack and minimum order of 8 packs to be sent (i'm in scotland) its a lot of money before you've even tried something!
if only it was as easy for us to whip up our own batch of syn free sausages lol x

You can make you're own sausages with extra lean pork make them herbs etc a bit like HM burgers then place mixture on cling film roll like sausage ( similar to some pâté packs) roll sides until really tight and tie Leave in cold rack of fridge until firm at least about 3-4 hrs or overnight
Then oven cook yum !! Free and not that dry tasteless texture of WW or nume sausages

oooh i might try that!
i used to buy pork burgers from morrisons or make pork burgers (pre sw) but never thought of that.
thing is, i haven't seen extra lean pork mince anywhere...managed to get extra lean turkey mince last week which i was gonna use for some sort of burger but this might be worth attempting ;)
i agree about the lower fat sausages tho...they're just far from ideal! x

Have a look on line which pork is free
I know Tesco and waitrose low fat or less than 5-8% are free Although some other less than 8% are 0.5syns per 100g

Back