What's for dinner tonight?

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
I am following EE so I'm having slow cooked beef curry with rice and a side salad.

What are you having for dinner? And if you can, include your recipe!!!

Here's Mine

500g approx Lean stewing steak
2 tbsp Patak's Madras curry paste (8 syns)
1 onion
1 beef stock cube dissolved in approx 400ml boiling water
2 tbsp tom puree

Finely chop the onion and the fry in frylight until soft. Then add the tom puree and curry paste. Mix well and cook for about 2 mins.

The add the beef and coat with the curry mixture. Then add the stock until just covered. Reserve some in case you want to thin out the sauce later.

Cook on a low heat for approx 2 hrs.

Serve with rice if on EE!

Serves 4 with 2 syns per serving!

yum like the sound of that.
(fires up the printer to print that off)

I am having sunday roast, plenty of veg and syn free roast spuds

Beef Casserole (used a tesco mix 6 syns per pkt)with loads of veg e.g. onion, carrot & turnip, brocolli, cauli, courgette etc. Its for the 3 of us will count 2 syns.
Fruit & Mueller yog for afters

Im having something light tonight its from ee cookbook

Mini cajun-style chicken kebabs and spicy wedges, but using iceland bbq chicken chunks but putting cajun on the wedgesor paprika not decided yet and for 1.5 syns for chicken :)

Smoked haddock and prawn kedgeree done the cheats way. Cook fish and rice together with an onion and steam for about 40mins, add prawns for 5 mins add a jar of reduced fat creamy curry sauce (weight watchers is only 13syns for the jar which for 5 people is only 2.6 syns each) make sure its hot, serve with salad and eat!

I'm having leftovers from what I made yesterday:
Chicken Bhuna, Rice & Wedges

(Green Day)
Chicken- HEXB
Onions
Fry Light
Courgettes
Asda Good for You Bhuna Cooking Sauce (quarter of jar: 1.75 syns)
Rice
1 Potato
Sprinkle of Sea Salt

I chopped the potato (skin left on) into medium slices and placed on a baking tray & sprayed with Fry Light & sprinkled with sea salt- popped in oven for about 45 mins at 220 degrees.

Softened the chopped onions in Fry Light and then popped in the chopped courgette.

Cheated with the chicken as had a packet of cooked chicken pieces (plain) from Asda which I measured out from my HEXB allowance.

Popped this into the pan with the courgette and onion. Then poured in half of the jar of Bhuna sauce and simmered for 20 mins whilst I boiled the rice.

And voila... delicious! and enough for 2 days (apart from the wedges as I will need to do another potato tonight if I fancy it)

Sat night used to be my takeaway night, but this meal was just as yummy! and under 2 syns!!!

You could even bulk it out further with more veg and mushrooms plus you don't need to have chicken.

I know I could have a done a Syn free version with Passata/ chopped tomatoes and fresh & dry herbs/ curry powder but I've been using these ingrediants in alot of my other meals and wanted a change. It was well worth the small syns! Yum!

being boring and having a simple pasta and sauce. Been eating small meals often today (green) and fancy something easy for the last meal lol x

Roast gammon, teddies and loads of veggies tonight, with stock instead of gravy (thickened with smash) and mustard mixed up from the powder. Not a syn in sight!

Oh and for pudding... a small slice of scan bran ginger cake (1 syn), with sliced banana and coffee flavoured quark, all mixed up to make a coffee and banana pud! Mmmmm... xx

now this thread is a good idea :)

give each other inspiration as to what to make for dinners

Oh and for pudding... a small slice of scan bran ginger cake (1 syn), with sliced banana and coffee flavoured quark, all mixed up to make a coffee and banana pud! Mmmmm... xx

Can I have the recipe for this please! Sounds lush.

We're having syn free pancakes for pud! Just waiting for some room after the curry!

I just had a cheese and broc pasta & sauce as I am really tired from work, seem to be living off them lately!

How do you make syn free roast potatos also? I miss roasties so much - didn't know you could make syn free ones!!!

First, I preheat my baking tray in the oven and then peel and par boil the roasties for about 8-10 mins.

Then drain, and give them a good shake. Then take the tray out of the oven and spray with frylight.

Then put the potatos on the tray, spray liberally with frylight, sea salt (or garlic salt) and then pop back in the oven until cooked.

I like potatoes cut into cubes with the skin on, then added to a baking tray with loads of cloves of garlic, unpeeled with fresh thyme and sea salt, and then cook. The potatos are gently flavoured with garlic and they smell and taste devine. A good alternative to roasties too.

Can I have the recipe for this please! Sounds lush.

We're having syn free pancakes for pud! Just waiting for some room after the curry!

The scan bran cake is a recipe on here by Loubylou. I made that this morning.

Then I just mixed a teaspoon of instant coffee with a little boiling water, let it cool and mix it in with some quark. Slice a banana, crumble on a small slice of the scan bran cake and mix it all up.

Not a recipe as such, just one of my little concoctions!! ;)

xx

I've had stuffed peppers, my own recipe of bits and bobs!

Cous cous, some baked beans left over, cherry tomatos, bacon and quark! mixed together and baked in oven with HEa cheese on top. Yum! managed 2 whole peppers full!

WW sausages at a half syn each, sw chips and a couple of eggs done in the oven with the chips and some baked beans...yummeh!

Sorry, were we supposed to be dieting? :cool:

I made the Tortilla from the current magazine, and had a wedge of it with a giant pile of salad. I've put the rest in the fridge to take for lunch. Mmmmmm...

I'm having a chicken kebab with loads of salad tonight and no pitta! It's WI tonight.

I stupidly took the wrong lunch to work today, so all I have had to eat is 2 mug shots and 2 satsumas!

Back