What's for dinner tonight?

Im having a big bowl of mashed potatos! Im eating loads of carbs today :) oops! What are you having?

Hehe, a bowl of mashed potato :) I love mashed potato, but would love it more topped with lots and lots of cheese :eek:

I'm having a grilled lamb steak with brown rice, spinach and mushrooms.

x

I have work so am having the same as I had for my lunch as it is quick and easy!

I had the new Warburtons Thins - they are like a bread roll, but really thin. I split them in half, put some philadelphia on, a slice of ham and some sun dried tomatoes and then grill them - like 2 mini pizzas. I'll have that with some Quavers and some home made coleslaw. 265 calories.

I had been using the Warburtons thins but have run out and so have Tescos! Instead, I have bought a pack of their new square wraps - they have a thick base, and are similar to the thins but bigger. If I cut this in half, it is the same size as the thins, but only 88calories! Bargain!

Hehe, a bowl of mashed potato :) I love mashed potato, but would love it more topped with lots and lots of cheese :eek:

I'm having a grilled lamb steak with brown rice, spinach and mushrooms.

x

Mmm i cant wait! I usually add some sping onion and coleslaw to it which just tops it off! Cheesy mash is amazing yum!

I may have a naughty night tomorrow as it is saturday :) maybe head down the chippy?? :p

I had a look for those Thins in Sainsburys today but they didn't have any!

I think I'm going to have stir fry. I've got a packet of turkey open, so need to use that today and tomorrow and I bought a pack of stir fry veg from Sainsburys a couple of days ago so need to use that too.

Sainsbury's Turkey Breast Fillet (1 fillet/90g) - 143 calories
Sainsbury's Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry (1/2 pack/140g) - 70 calories
Sainsbury's Rice Noodles (1/3 pack/100g) - 132 calories

Total - 345 calories and it's a huuuuge portion!

I may have a muller light for dessert as I'm absolutely in love with these at the moment! Their Orange Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate is DEVINE!

I'm only up to 415 calories so far today so I may have to bump up my dinner a bit some how. I might add some egg into it, sounds wrong I know but it's something I learnt in Thailand and it's delish!

After 6 months in Thailand my spice tolerance is through the roof! And apparently chilli speeds up the metabolism, so no doubt it'll feature highly in my stir fry tonight as it does most other dinners!

Last edited:
I didn't see the pack! I think they may well get added to my parents shopping list when they next go shopping haha

Friday treat - 3 small hot dogs in finger roll buns with a little ketchup :)

I do really fancy curry though. Mmm....

Friday treat - 3 small hot dogs in finger roll buns with a little ketchup :)

I do really fancy curry though. Mmm....

I quite fancied curry last night, so I had it but made it myself. I had...

A fillet of turkey (90g) - 140 cal
Mushrooms (100g) - 22 cal
Courgette (70g) - 13 cal
Brown Rice (150g) - 168 cal
1/4 jar of Tesco Light Choices Tikka Masala Sauce - 100 cal
Total: 443 calories

I added the mushroom and courgette just to add a it more bulk to the curry as you get loads then and I added the rice in with it and just mixed it all together. I added a little extra water to the sauce as I find it a bit thick and strong for my liking anyway. I usually do sauce and water in equal amounts. It was really nice and I was stuffed afterwards!

That sounds delicious - must try it at some point. I love mushrooms and courgettes :) Do you make a batch and then freeze it?

I had a slightly different dinner in the end. I used the Warburton wrap - it is called a wrap but it is nothing like a regular circular wrap. It is rectangular, and is more like a pizza base - not very thick, but thicker than a standard wrap.

I put 40g cream cheese on, and ripped up 2 slices of ham and then grilled that. Then added chopped sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers and spring onion, grilled it again, and then added some rocket. Had it with coleslaw. It was amazing!

It crisps up just like pizza, and tastes just like a thin crust pizza - 311 calories, for a pizza and coleslaw... amazing!

That sounds delicious - must try it at some point. I love mushrooms and courgettes :) Do you make a batch and then freeze it?

I have done in the past but I didn't last night. I probably should have though because now I have 3/4 of a jar of the sauce left! So what I might have to do is do it tomorrow and freeze the rest so that I don't waste it. I need some more tupperware I think!

I had a slightly different dinner in the end. I used the Warburton wrap - it is called a wrap but it is nothing like a regular circular wrap. It is rectangular, and is more like a pizza base - not very thick, but thicker than a standard wrap.

I put 40g cream cheese on, and ripped up 2 slices of ham and then grilled that. Then added chopped sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers and spring onion, grilled it again, and then added some rocket. Had it with coleslaw. It was amazing!

It crisps up just like pizza, and tastes just like a thin crust pizza - 311 calories, for a pizza and coleslaw... amazing!

Ooh I think I might have to try this! I think I need to start shopping in Tesco, they seem to have more of those kinds of things. Sainsburys didn't have them or the thins things!

Duck spring rolls (70 cals each!) and a nice salad with quails eggs.

It's cooking now...

I had a variant of bangers and mash - 3 quorn sausages, and tesco light choices mash with some oxo stock as "gravy".

I had a glass of red wine, a few pringles, some japanese cracker mix things and a handful of blueberrys... I suck!!!

I had a glass of red wine, a few pringles, some japanese cracker mix things and a handful of blueberrys... I suck!!!

No you don't! You've lost 59 pounds so far, FIFTY NINE!! That's an amazing loss. So you've had a bit of a dud night, tomorrow is a brand new day.

I had Quorn tikka masala and rice (260cal) with added green pepper & mushrooms (60cal) with 2 poppadums (37cal each)....was DELICIOUS!!

Back