What's for dinner????

Rayven

Addicted to Minimins!
I'm having homemade potato wedges, dry fry eggs and beans!! YUM!!! :D

We've got Syn Free Luxury Shepherds Pie, a recipe from a magazine a few months ago I think with brocolli and leeks :D We are late eating tonight because we have had a busy day! If we have any room after then I think I am going to make the Tirimisu from the desserts book :D

Oooh thanks Skinny, I might give it a miss then because I do love Tiramissu and would be :( if it was vile! Thanks again :)

We've got Syn Free Luxury Shepherds Pie
Oooooh that sounds yummy! Could you post the recipe for me Daisy? Pwetty please???

Sure, here goes!! It was yummy too by the way! I was a bit worried about the over itensity of the swede topping compared to the normal potatos but it was really nice, even hubby agreed....

Luxury Syn Free Shepherds Pie
Serves 4

908g Swede
A small handful of fresh parsley
6 Tbsp of very low fat natural yogurt
Salt and pepper
1 Red Onion
2 Carrots
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Sticks of Celery
Fry Light
340g Extra Lean Minced Lamb
400g Tinned Tomatos
1 Tbsp Chicken Bovril
2 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Egg
Worcestershire Sauce - To Taste

1 - Preheat the oven to Gas 6. Peel the swede and cut in to chunks. Boil until tender and then drain and mash until smooth. Chop the parsley and stir in to the mash with the yogurt and salt and pepper.

2 - Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion and carrots, peel and crush the garlic and chop the celery. Spray a pan with Fry Light and cook the onion, carrots, garlic, celery and mince for 4-5 minutes. Add the tomatos, Bovril, oregano and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and bring to the boil.

3 - Transfer the mix into one large of 4 individual pie dishes and top with the swede mix. Beat the egg, brush over the top and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden.

Just a couple of extra things:
I didn't have any fresh parsley so left that out and it was fine.
Also, the Worcestershire sauce I added myself, it is free and gives thing a really nice taste I think.
I used my cheese allowance from HE A and grated it over the top of the swede which was really nice!

Any more questions just let me know :)

That sounds yummy daisy! Think i'm gonna have to try that next week! Cheers for posting it. xx

Back