Whats for lunch today.?

I didn't think the Asda stuff was syn free, i was surprised but it seemed reasonable that the fillets were.

TESCO Lincolnshire meat free sausages, which is what I have, ARE free though. :D

You're quite right, I just had a quick look :D I must say I like the sound of the Spinach and Ricotta cheese sausages. Has anyone tried them?

I eat Morrisons eat smart sausages. Pork ones are free, cumberland just half a syn. Or WW sausages which are half a syn.

Right I am totally confused, can someone help me figure this out please.?
On page 12 of my food directory it clearly says that these are a superfree food.
If I have to syn them, its ok, I have spare syns for today, but Im just thinking that if I didnt have the internet at home, I would be relying on this book alone...
Am I totally missing something really obvious here and making an eejit of myself.??? (wouldnt be the first time lol)

I had Quorn Cumberland sausages, Fry light fried mushrooms, beans and 2 boiled eggs!! Yummy and all free!

Right I am totally confused, can someone help me figure this out please.?
On page 12 of my food directory it clearly says that these are a superfree food.
If I have to syn them, its ok, I have spare syns for today, but Im just thinking that if I didnt have the internet at home, I would be relying on this book alone...
Am I totally missing something really obvious here and making an eejit of myself.??? (wouldnt be the first time lol)

Unfortunately the book is only ever going to be totally accurate at the point in time that it is written. The syn directory has been out for some time and the new updated version will be out soon. It may be that the ingredients have changed since the book was published but if you want to be sure you could alway phone the syn helpline. Sorry to not be of more help.

Had my weigh in last night, and asked my consultant about these things...
she says that they are DEF free, superfree in fact. ! ! ! Now Im confused even more.
Think I will take them as 3.5 syns in future just to be on the safe side......
I mean.. looking at the packet I can see why they would have syns in them, as per 100g there is 9.8g fat in them, and the ingredients are soya protein, rapeseed oil, and dried potato.

I've just put a rice bake in the oven. I feel the need for something hot!

Cook a pack of Batchelors rice ( hope it's still free!) then dry fry onions, garlic, pepper and add some peas. Season and beat up some eggs (i used 4 med) Wack in a loaf tin for 35-40mins at 180c
If I have a spare hexa then I'll grate in some cheese. You could also add quark . 2 BIG portions! Free on green and EE.

Thanks for the quorn-less idea ! I'm at work so my packed lunch was:

Large salad, rocket leaves, cottage cheese, 42g feta cheese (HA) and 20g mixed seeds (HB)..... I have a nice pear for later, yummy yummy.

Just had fruit for breakfast so today may well turn into an EE day, just not sure what to have for tea yet !

Im on a red day so i had salad with 2 hard boiled eggs and ham. Also a mullerlight and an apple. for breakfast i had bacon, egg + mushrooms and have eaten 2 satsumas and a banana this morning so wasnt too hungry anyway! Thats loadsa food considering im on a diet :)

I got a reply today from Slimming World today regarding the Asda meat free fillets and this is the reply I got....

"I can understand your frustration with the conflicting Syn values of Asda’s Meat Free Chicken, I would feel frustrated too, especially when the Food Directory you are using is up to date.
However we always state in our publications that all the information was accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of going to print and as manufacturers are always changing/improving their recipes it’s our role here in the Food Co-ordination Department to source this information and update our data-base and publications accordingly.
It’s always best to check with manufacturers packaging that nothing has changed and the very best way to do this is on Syns on- line or to call the Syns Hotline 9am-7pm Monday to Friday ( calls are charged at 60p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other providers may vary).

I’ve checked the product for you to-day and I can confirm we received nutritional information on 3rd November 2009 that changed the product from Syn Free to 3.5Syns each on all choices."

So, just as we expected, which is a shame cos they are fantastic.... but will still have them and just syn them, well worth 3.5 syns

At least you got your swift response! There is nothing stopping you from having meat if you try extra easy which i have been on since i started slimming world and have lost 18.5 pounds to date!

good luck

Claire

At least you got your swift response! There is nothing stopping you from having meat if you try extra easy which i have been on since i started slimming world and lost 18.5 pounds to date!

Except being a vegetarian ;)

Congratulations on your weight loss Claire!

I bought the Extra Easy cookbook, so am trying the recipes in there. Today was minstrone soup (delicious and very filling) for lunch, and tonight I made the tuna and sweetcorn fritters (delicious, but a bit crumbly - not that that stopped me noshing them!) with brocolli and cauliflower.

Am considering having a pack of snack-a-jacks for supper for my syns, but that would be 6, and I'd planned for 5.

What lovely things are we all having today.?
I have just had SW wedges, and an Asda Meat Free chicken style fillet...
anyone else tried these.? Absolutely GORGEOUS...AND they are a superfree food.... I wont go back to Quorn after this...

I absolutely LOVE these! :D Wasn't sure if they were synned or not - am chuffed that they're a superfree food! :D Thanks for that! :)

Hey natalie, if you read some of he above posts you will find hey are 3 1/2 syns each! Pity cos I was going to try them also!

Im having butternut/carrot/onion soup today(same as I had yesterday!) followed by an apple.

Snow is very bad here so cant get out to the shops- which maybe isnt a bad hing lol

Back