whats for lunch

you boiled your eggs in the kettle? that is the oddest thing ive ever heard! tehe!
that is devotion! well done you!

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it but I don't think I could have eaten sardines! Not a fish lover.

I shared a tin of macaroni cheese with my DS, on one slice of wholemeal toast, very yummy although I couldn't find the tomato sauce - which OH then told me after I'd finished went under the sofa last night, well thanks for that! But all in all it was a very nice lunch, now deciding what to have for tea.

My dad showed me the egg and kettle trick years and years ago when he used to take me to work with him - about 30 years ouch! Where ever I have worked I have always done it although some people find it offensive :eek:( Luckily I have never had an egg break or crack on me but I can see their concern! You have to keep the kettle lid open and only let it boil for about 30 seconds at a time but really worth it for something yummy! try it - you know you want to!!!

I went to office canteen had a huge jacket potato with piles and piles of fresh salad, kidney beans and chickpeas. It was actually lovely!
Need to start bringing my own lunch in though, pasta salad mmmmmm!

after xmas im trying to boost my loss this week so 5 scan bran with 5 laughing cow light triangles and slices of tomato

honestly they are what i imagine those ceiling tiles would taste like rather tough to swallow lol but hey i only have one packet left lol

I was sat in the office pondering what to feed on following my apple, banana, black coffee and syn'd oatssosimple for brekkie when one of the ladies said she was going to the shops .... I ended up having a can of sardines in tomato sauce with a huge mixed leaf salad and a couple of chopped up boiled eggs ( which i did in the office kettle) and loads of black pepper. de-lic-ious! what did you have?

Eeeww!! how many people share your office kettle - I would definitely object to that!! I hate eggs - and hard boiled are the stinkiest food in the world!

Hats off to you for the ingenuity of the idea, but I would ask around to see if anyone minded if it were me (which of course it wouldnt be, as i'm never likely to ever want to cook eggs in a kettle!)

Lol there is only 4 of us here - one that doesn't use it, one that has no idea how to turn it on and one that thinks it's brilliant as she can't even use a cooker! they all work for me so what I say goes ... apparently! I have to say that should they have any objectiosn I would pop to asda and buy a kettle for a fiver!

giraffegirl said:
What are the scran? scan bran? things like?

I think I'm one of the few people who actually like scan bran. Prefer them to Ryvitas, only reason I tend to have Ryvitas over scan bran is the cost. Ryvitas are cheaper and you get more for your money.

That said they do taste very very brown. If your not a whole foods person I can see why you might not like them. Mind you I hate wholemeal pasta (it's just wrong), but do love brown rice.

I had THIS beauty!

IMG00229-20110107-1412.jpg

Black beans, bulghur wheat, sweetcorn, grated carrots, lettuce, red pepper and chopped beef, all topped with a dollop of salsa :D

I wouldnt want to drink from a kettle eggs where cooked in either but if they dont mind thats up to them! Just thought it was clever if not a bit icky!

A ginger biscuit, boiled egg in a cup and a piece of toast.

Back