whats for lunch

Just tried to have some soup I made 2-3 days ago but it tasted sour so into the bin it went. I did try!

Now sitting eyeing up a jar of baby beetroot, my water and some fruit. Cannot be bothered.

Had great plans for today, did massive Asda shop. Cupboards full of healthy stuff, ordered no biscuits or sweets. Worst thing I ordered was a bag od Doritos and skinny cow lollies.

Cant even be bothered making toast. :(

Why did you have marmite with it?! Or at least what did you do with the marmite? spread it on the potato or mix with beans or something?
I'm not a fan personally,:sign0137: but I know the saying, you either love it or hate it, is very true!

It was sqeezy marmite so it just went over the beans to make it look less bland ... maybe a bit over the top me thinks!!!

Piping hot home-made vegetable soup (will heat it up shortly).

Will have some Ryvita & laughing cow to use up a couple of HEX's (a sort of soup & sandwich combo) as already used bread allowance on boiled egg and soldiers this morning.

Best thing about being off work sick is having time to prepare and cook instead of hurrying:cool:

Like many though, not much of an appetite currently:(

I'm very fortunate, and get fed for free at work, so I don't know what the week will hold until the menu is published on a Monday - There is always something suitable, even if a little tiresome... always jacket potatoes, always salads, always cold meat & fish, although sometimes messed around with..... Today I had jacket potatoes and baked beans, and 'plain salad items', and I added laughing cow for flavour and instead of butter (as Iwould have done before joing SW last week)

Today for lunch I had 3 Quorn fillets cooked in homemade tomato pasta sauce left over from the other day when I did meatballs with spaghetti! It was yummy! And a cherry Activia yogurt X

I'm very fortunate, and get fed for free at work, so I don't know what the week will hold until the menu is published on a Monday - There is always something suitable, even if a little tiresome... always jacket potatoes, always salads, always cold meat & fish, although sometimes messed around with..... Today I had jacket potatoes and baked beans, and 'plain salad items', and I added laughing cow for flavour and instead of butter (as Iwould have done before joing SW last week)
Right with you on the Laughing Moo Moo

I work a split shift, so usually have my lunch at about 3pm when I get home (back at work at 5pm - 7.30 pm tonight). So I'm lucky in that i can cook if I want to. Today I've had grilled extra-lean bacon, fried mushrooms and tomatoes, and baked beans - sort of a mid-afternoon cooked breakfast! Really filling though, and I tend to find I need a decent meal as I rarely get a chance to eat anything between 7 am and 3pm and so am starving! Also I have to wait until 8-9pm for my tea :-(

I had a weird "last nights left over curry, mixed with lasagne sheets and beans" combo...I munched half but it was a bit yuck. Actually first yuck thing I have made. :)

I had a weird "last nights left over curry, mixed with lasagne sheets and beans" combo...I munched half but it was a bit yuck. Actually first yuck thing I have made. :)
I have to admit that does sound kind of yuck :( Did you put any cheese on/in it? That might have helped

Still had nothing. Got the hefty 'boak' as we call it or morning sickness outside Glasgow. Going to attempt a yoghurt and an apple before dinner.

I had small bowl of curried parsnip soup then a bowl with quinoa, mixed veg, peppers and some piri piri spice.

Back