What's for tea tonight?

I should have said it was from a butchers and I chose the bits that got minced, so I chose the bits with little to no fat on it! Sorry I was out earlier re-reading it back through I realised how it sounds. It wasn't supermarket minced lamb!!! That's what I was trying to get at with just using lamb steaks as that's basically all I did! I'm still worried about having effects though, I'll let you know tomorrow!

Liz x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hey! So glad I've found this thread! Amazing ideas for a newbie! Pudders is there any chance of the details/recipe for Philly carbonara?? Also I have just purchased the new HD book Eat for life after i saw Lexie recommending it, I think I'd like to try some of the old recipes could you tell me what the first book is called please? Thanks

Hey! So glad I've found this thread! Amazing ideas for a newbie! Pudders is there any chance of the details/recipe for Philly carbonara?? Also I have just purchased the new HD book Eat for life after i saw Lexie recommending it, I think I'd like to try some of the old recipes could you tell me what the first book is called please? Thanks

Think it's just called the hairy dieters it's white x

Could I ask your opinions on eggs? Are they a definite no go? Do Some people manage them? I had them last Monday morning which was my first meal taking Xen and I was fine, however I'm wondering if I got away with it due to it not being in my system properly at the time!! X

Eggs are generally ok, either poached, boiled, or using a spray oil like fry light. But everyone is different!

I'm ok with eggs too. Something I think you need to try for yourself.

We've got pulled pork for tea done in the slow cooker mostly. I've just made a BBQ sauce and bunged it in the oven for the last half hour and it smells gorgeous I can't wait!

weight watchers jar.of.chilli con carne sauce....... flippin orrible ! lol.. was trying.to save time... I'll be making my own again this weekend! :)

Any chance of getting this back up and running?? Love to get some new food ideas!! X

I'm ok with eggs too. Something I think you need to try for yourself.

We've got pulled pork for tea done in the slow cooker mostly. I've just made a BBQ sauce and bunged it in the oven for the last half hour and it smells gorgeous I can't wait!

Sounds lovely! Do you have a recipe for this? X

Any chance of getting this back up and running?? Love to get some new food ideas!! X

I'm sure people can. No good me doing it for you as I no longer take xen so eat higher fat but if you haven't already got them the hairy dieters two books are amazing

I did buy both those books towards the end of my last stint, I'll have a look at them!! Had a look at Tesco's new (rebranded) healthy meals today, read something on here yesterday so I had a look at the nutritional value today, there's so many that are 'allowed' they are all on offer too!

Jenny_Wren said:
I did buy both those books towards the end of my last stint, I'll have a look at them!! Had a look at Tesco's new (rebranded) healthy meals today, read something on here yesterday so I had a look at the nutritional value today, there's so many that are 'allowed' they are all on offer too!

Ooh, what are the Tesco meals called now? I shop online and haven't been able to get my usual ones for weeks, so had started getting Quorn meals.

Tesco British Classics Fish Pie for me tonight, with a steam bag of veg. :) xx

They are now 'Tesco healthy living' rather than the Tesco light choices, had a lovely crustless quiche today!

Mmmmmm banana pancakes for brekki..... lushness! ! 2 eggs, I banana.. voila! !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello. Some of the ideas for meals on here are brilliant. I like the idea of being able to have some prepared meals as I have been doing everything from scratch. The two soups which I seem to be eating a lot of are leek and potato or squash and sweet potato. To anyone who hasn't tried the butternut squash and sweet potato soup I would certainly recommend it as it is so very filling.
All you need is 1 butternut squash
2 or 3 sweet potatoes
1 large onion
2 stock pots either chicken or vegetable or one of each.
Chilli flakes or ground chilli (optional)
Simply peel squash. Cut in half and remove seeds then cut into chunks. Peel sweet potatoes and chunk. Peel onion and chop. Put all veg into large pan and just cover with water. Add stock pots and chilli etc. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-40 mins. I find this is best blended and you end up with a thick orange soup. Yummy

mo53 said:
Hello. Some of the ideas for meals on here are brilliant. I like the idea of being able to have some prepared meals as I have been doing everything from scratch. The two soups which I seem to be eating a lot of are leek and potato or squash and sweet potato. To anyone who hasn't tried the butternut squash and sweet potato soup I would certainly recommend it as it is so very filling.
2 or 3 sweet potatoes
1 large onion
Simply peel squash. Cut in half and remove seeds then cut into chunks. Peel sweet potatoes and chunk. Peel onion and chop. Put all veg into large pan and just cover with water. Add stock pots and chilli etc. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-40 mins. I find this is best blended and you end up with a thick orange soup. Yummy

I'd be in trouble if you couldn't have ready meals, as that's more or less all I eat for my main meals, lol. :) xx

2 or 3 sweet potatoes
1 large onion

Nom nom... thanks! Just so happens I have all of this in my fridge!! Definitely giving it a whirl! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello . How did you get on with the soups? I made the super speed soup tonight. Wow you end up with an enormous panful. My other half and I both enjoyed it which is just as well as we have enough left for tomorrow and some to freeze. I think I might try making a smash pizza tomorrow. I must admit this diet is certainly an adventure!!

Back