whats gone on here then!!!

steve0

Been going a week and a day , and was well into ketosis mid purple for around five days now and showing a steady daily weight loss , so yesterday i had a salmon salad for lunch , and a chicken salad with feta cheese last night and loads of water through the day , so i weigh my self this morning i have put on a pound and my ketostix is showing light purple , what have i done wrong , is it the feta cheese ? i was doing right well with this as well:sigh:

Morning, hunni. Im sure Jim. Jim will be along with the science stuff any mo, babes.....

Could it be totm?

Woofy X

I thought you was just being ironic Woofy! I am sure men have PMT too!!!

Hes a man then????

<<<< Opens mouth just to change feet!!!

Sorry Mr Steveo

Woofy X

lol lol lol lol lol pmsl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woof you make this a great place to be :0)

I'm with Sukie, you make it so funny. Can you come on here this early every day please!

Food Item: Cheese, feta
Food Quantity: 1 oz
Carbs: 1.2g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Net Carbs: 1.2g

How many Oz did you have Steve?

Been going a week and a day , and was well into ketosis mid purple for around five days now and showing a steady daily weight loss , so yesterday i had a salmon salad for lunch , and a chicken salad with feta cheese last night and loads of water through the day , so i weigh my self this morning i have put on a pound and my ketostix is showing light purple , what have i done wrong , is it the feta cheese ? i was doing right well with this as well:sigh:

I'm following Induction strictly; why won't my strips turn purple?

Ketones will spill into the urine ONLY when there is more in the blood than is being used as fuel by the body at that particular moment.
You may have exercised or worked a few hours previously, so your muscles would have used up the ketones as fuel, thus there will be no excess. You may have had a lot of liquids to drink, so the urine is more diluted. Perhaps the strips are not fresh, or the lid was not on tight and some moisture from the atmosphere got in.
Some low carbers NEVER show above trace or negative even ... yet they burn fat and lose weight just fine. If you're losing weight, and your clothes are getting looser, you're feeling well and not hungry all the time .. then you are successfully in ketosis. Don't get hung up on the strips; they're just a guide, nothing more.

Will I lose weight faster if the strips show dark purple all the time?
No. Testing in the darkest purple range all the time is usually a sign of dehydration -- the urine is too concentrated. You need to drink more water to dilute it, and keep the kidneys flushed.
The liver will make ketones from body fat, the fat you EAT, and from alcohol --- the ketone strips have no way of distinguishing the source of the ketones. So, if you test every day after dinner, and dinner usually contains a lot of fat, then you may very well test for large amounts of ketones all the time. However this does not indicate that any BODY fat was burned. The strips only indicate what's happening in the urine. Ketosis happens in the blood and body tissues. If you're showing even a small amount, then you are in ketosis, and fat-burning is taking place. Don't get hung up on the ketone sticks.

Source: Low Carb Diet Tips & Basics - Ketosis & Ketone Test Strips

I hope that puts your mind at ease.

Love Mini xxx

Yep me too. I have only been dark pink once in my early days. I even show beige sometimes, but seem to be in ketosis all the time.

lmfso!!! Poor Steve!

Steve, my weight goes up and down all week, so I wouldn't worry too much about 1lb. Wait until a week is up, and then weigh in, and don't be tempted during!

Back