Whats happening ?

amethyst

Banned
I have sts for 4 weeks, had the odd cheat but allways lost what i gained wi thin days!

Anyway i have stuck to it 100% since last monday (5th) so its been 2 weeks and i have only lost a pound in this time? :cry:

and no extra inches?

whats happening? i am feeling really disheartened :(

i am drinking minimum of 5 litres, having 3 packs a day, and its not totm :(

Last edited:
maybe, just maybe, you need to start eating!

lol, thats my answer to everything at the mo...

BUT that said i am thinking of moving back to ss. think 2 weeks of atkins/ low carb will give me a kick start if i do. miss the control of ss!

why not try a week of eating? atkins says when peeps plateau (only called a plateau if no loss for 4 weeks min. like you) then they should go carb-crazy for a week to give a boost! then back to no carbs again.

worth a try?

Not wanting to be rude or graphic but..... have you had a poo recently?? I had a friend whose weight loss stopped completely and it wa because she was constipated for 2 or 3 wks!

Again sorry for being personal and graphic but could be the cause of it. Try having a good clear out!

lol @ hotstuff! good thinking though...

2/3 weeks??? youch!

lol lol

no i been poppoing everyday i have husks :) i have no probs there..

just really disheartening..

not sure about eating again keely, i am so worried, when i did this over 2 weeks ago, i would gain 6 pound in 2 days then loose it again with no extra.. i will give it another week.. ya never know! must s tick with it.. :)

got to get my cdc to send me more packs now cus i am not in leicester this weekend he let me down yet again :( i could punch his face in...

lol

You have my sympathies, not exactly a speedy loser myself. And have had my ups and downs. :( Curious, how do you take your husks? Tried making porridge for the first time today, came out like glue, couldn't eat it.

Also do you drink a lot of fizzy mineral water? Have no hard evidence for this, just me and a couple of ladies have found switching to tap water has helped with weight loss. Mineral water contains sodium which may lead to water retention. Worth a try. Good luck, I do think we should have a sticky for those of us who are slow losers, or reach plateaus. It is so hard and demoralising, especially when others are losing weight rapidly.

Take care xx

You have my sympathies, not exactly a speedy loser myself. And have had my ups and downs. :( Curious, how do you take your husks? Tried making porridge for the first time today, came out like glue, couldn't eat it.

Also do you drink a lot of fizzy mineral water? Have no hard evidence for this, just me and a couple of ladies have found switching to tap water has helped with weight loss. Mineral water contains sodium which may lead to water retention. Worth a try. Good luck, I do think we should have a sticky for those of us who are slow losers, or reach plateaus. It is so hard and demoralising, especially when others are losing weight rapidly.

Take care xx

to make my porridge i use butterscotch or vanilla pack, 250mil hot water (not boiling) and 1 half table spoons of husks (sometimes 2 table spoons)... add water slowely and whisk..

if you find its to gluey at more water :)

I dont drink sparkling water, i did buy some to add some water flavour too b ut not had any yet..

I drink highland spring mineral water? allways have done, i dont like tap water tastes bleachy..

going to see how i get on this week now, hopefully i will lose ..

it is very disheartening especially seeing others losing loads...

xx

I agree with cee-cee apparently tap water is best due to sodium in mineral water causing water retention.... it must even out after a while though so doubt it would make a BIG difference..??
You've done really well so far.. but maybe your body has got used to the small amount of calories and that's why you're plateauing?
I'm SS+'in and I haven't put on weight... I SS'd for 5 days and then went onto SS+ (just not as strong as you guys!) and although I've only been doing it for 11 days I have DEF lost quite a bit as I'm back in my old jeans already!
Maybe the 6lbs you put on last time you ate was just water retention... don't let it put you off eating. CD is great but not meant for life.. you have to eat at some point! I'd say give it another go at SS for a week and if still no downward move then try SS+ for a week as a boost before going back to SS.
1 week won't do that much damage... it's IMPOSSIBLE to put on or lose 6lbs in FAT in a few days!
(....and this was meant to be a quick post?!)
Good luck whatever you decide to do anyway I'm sure it will budge soon..... xx

I'm with you on this one, I've only budged 3lbs in the last three weeks ?! What gives ? I havent cheated at all :( I drink tap water, and only black coffee, so I'm going to give it another week and try SS+ for a week to see if that kick starts things again. I dont have the four sachets a day though, I have a tetra each morning and a choc bar for lunch, then two sachets for dinner and pudding. (So still 4 packs a day and nothing more)

Back