Whats involved when becoming a CDC?

lottie***

Hey everyone!

Have not really been posting too much recently, have been busy busy with work- which before was the time i used to come on here!

I have been considering becoming a CDC in my area as i would love to be able to encourage anyone that was as unhappy as i was when i started this journey, my CDC suggested it and thought i would be good at it, i wouldnt want to do it until i have completely finished my own journey but i understand it takes some time to get there?

Can any of you give me an idea about whats involved, how it all works ect- i already know you have to go to northampton?

Would be very interested to know more.....................

thanking you muchly :D

I'm sure a CDC would be able to fill you in better, but here's what my CDC told me, I don't even know why really!

First of all you approach your CDC and talk about it with them, they then have the option to sponsor you, if they don't want to sponsor you then that doesn't mean you can't do CD, they just get first refusal basically. Chances are they will though because they're almost then like a manager of sorts, and get a percentage of any orders you place.

You have to do the application form which gives you the chance to explain why you want to become a CDC and things like that. I think there's then a telephone interview.

You have to have a BMI of 28 or below and have to have been on the diet for at least 2 weeks - both of which you meet!

I know you then pay for a starter pack which includes your training (which is in Northampton) and a whole range of products which should be enough to get you started, not sure what the cost for that is though.

That's all I know about it, sure someone else will be able to tell you more though :)

Spot on Caroline - once you have been for your training day you will need to complete and pass an accreditation paper, you then have another short telephone interview and you are then ready to go (with the help and support of your sponsor) you will also need to attend a follow up training session 3 months later and also complete some further development modules within 3 months - good luck if you decide to go for it x

I've considered this as well, however dont think my CDC would sponsor me as we are both looking to move to the next village over in the next year or two and would be to much competition !

I've considered this as well, however dont think my CDC would sponsor me as we are both looking to move to the next village over in the next year or two and would be to much competition !
I have a similar situation too .Shes getting my paperwork send through as we speak.

Last edited:
I've been looking into it too and found some other reasons for you from the Cambridge website:

• An interest in people
  • Good inter-personal skills
  • The time and inclination to help others
  • Experience of successfully using the Cambridge Weight Plan
  • An enthusiasm for all the Cambridge Weight Plan programmes
  • Ability to motivate others
I think if you reword these so they're not easily recognised as being stolen straight from the site, and the things Miss Jelly Tot suggested, you'll have plenty of things to go on your list. Good luck xxx

Thanks Surfhunny, I said some of them in my long explaniation, we chatted for about 45 mins.

Last edited:
miss jelly tot where are you based in Lincolnshire? we don't have many cdc's here in the south xx

Back