Whats made people start vlcd

alot of GP's give advice but don't take it ...
lol

I'm very lucky with my GP. Though on all about w8 I don't think they need a GP signature, though I joined online so they maybe did send him a form to sign. I think though they just have to drop a line to your GP to inform them of the plan. It MUST be healthier to be on a vlcd than to stay obese!

Lass , your right , drop the GP a note , after all the doctor always says its her time singing them abd she charges , but my old doctor used to charge more .
With w8 no they don't do doctors sig ... very picky CD

in a way cd are losing money by this .
i do like cd the best but won't line my doctors pockets they already get a wage , its not like she is seeing me out of doctors hours .

I think it's ridiculous that docs can charge for taking 3 minutes to fill out a form ONCE.

Ditto charging to do my blood pressure every four weeks. I've just been going to Lloyds Pharmacy who are really nice and more than happy to do it for free every four weeks like clockwork!

"Admin charge" for stamping and signing the form, apparently! I think it's shocking.

I started Exante because I have been overweight for 27 years. I have tried WW, SW with no real success, lost 2 stone on SW, but life then happened and it all went back on. I went to the doctors to see if they could refer me for gastric band as my BMI was over the NHS limit and I have co-morbids, but they would not even try to get me funding! He prescribed me Xenical which I took for a month, but my job didnt fit with that. At the time I worked in a call centre and taking Xenical meant when you need to go, you go straight away.....I could hardly hang up on the customer as I was desperate for the loo!
A collegue at work told me about Exante a few weeks ago and I did some research and thought I would try it out.

I wasn't sure I would succeed, but so far I am finding it ok. I don't feel hungry thanks to the Ketosis, in fact sometimes have to force a shake down because I know I have to rather than actually being hungry enough to want it.
My past dieting where food is involved means I can kid myself that the extra bit on my plate is fine and that just one glass of wine won't hurt, but then turns into a bottle!....I needed a complete abstinence from food which is what the VLCD is doing for me. I have however had 3 meals at friends during my first month, but have been able to be sensible and keep them Ketosis friendly.

I have lost 1 stone in my first 3 weeks and that is what keeps me focused on keeping the diet going. I will have Christmas off, but I will be sensible and keep to a low carb diet to do as little damage as possible.

The reasons I need to do this and lose 6 stone:
To stop getting out of breath when I walk
To be able to do activities with the kids that I currently avoid due to my weight
To look nice and not be considered as the 'bubbly one'....another way people describe me without actually saying 'the fat one'
To stop having to make fun of myself, because it makes it easier if I come out with the fat joke rather than someone else says it!
To be able to go clothes shopping with my daughter, rather than buying my clothes from catalogues so I can try them on at home.
To like having my picture taken.
To stop feeling embarrassed when I drop the kids off at parties and I am the only 'fat mum' there.

I think that covers most of it!...thanks for listening

Hi Helen
Are you starting to feel better now you've lost that stone ?
So lots of good reasons to carry on , did you get the bumper pack ?
Very good value for money exante , as really about 25 a week .
Keep thinking postive helen !

I've had a weight problem for years and have tried loads of diets. These diets have been successful but I never stuck them out long enough to get down to goal weight. I'd go from 15 stone to 12 stone and not bother with the last 2 and a half stone I needed to lose then it would all just creep back on again.

A few years ago a girl on another forum I used started a VLCD around the same time I started calorie counting. It was a music interest website with a weight loss support thread in the general chat section so we'd go in every week and post up our weight loss and cheer one another on. Our weight loss was fairly similar the first month but as mine slowed down, she always seemed to lose double what I did every month. My diet eventually stopped and I fell away from using that forum but went back for a nosey around it about a year later when I noticed the same girl had pics showing her at target weight. I was impressed by it and thought to myself, "if I could afford it, I would do that too". (I was a skint student then so spending 100s a month on a VLCD was out of the question).

So, this girls experience was always at the back of my mind and then last year I heard of another person I knew losing lots of weight on a vlcd and that spurred me on to read more about them. This year I started working full time and tried weight watchers. On WW I lost 9lbs in 5 weeks then I had a slipup and 3 weeks later I had gained 12 lbs! I was feeling out of control around food and was thinking to myself "if only I could have a complete break from food for a while" then the next thought was "well, I can afford it now so why not?". I started reading about all the different VLCDs about and then decided to go for it. My initial thought was that I would do it for a month or two to get the weight loss kick started then I would move onto calorie counting. However, now I've started and found it to be the easiest diet I've ever followed I'm now determined to stick it out until the very end.

So, that's what got me started on a VLCD :)

Hi Helen
Are you starting to feel better now you've lost that stone ?
So lots of good reasons to carry on , did you get the bumper pack ?
Very good value for money exante , as really about 25 a week .
Keep thinking postive helen !

I do feel better just losing a stone, can't see any difference to look at me yet, but I managed to get a pair of trousers done up last week that I hadn't been able to 3 weeks prior.....so something clearly is going right!

I am really focused on doing it this time, and so much more positive that I can see the numbers going down quickly. Unfortunately for the last 3 Saturday's I have been to friends for dinner, but they were very good and made me Ketosis friendly food, so whilst I feel I have been a little naughty on those days, it's not been as bad as it could have been!

Good luck to you all and looking forward to many more positive posts to keep me going.

I am sure you know that exante is almost the same as L/L cheaper and no counsellor or doctor to bother unless you have certain meds then I think you just take responsibility for yourself and ask for their guidance to see you through it...

I've struggled withy weight for mist of my adult life and 6 years ago I lost 5 1/2 stone with LL. I remember feeling fantastic but now I find myself almost back to my biggest ever and I could kick myself for doing it to myself. My mother is overweight and has lots of associated health issues - diabetes, high blood pressure, angina, arthritis etc and I can see myself going the same way if I don't do something about it. I'm 40 now and can't see any other way of getting this weight off but doing a vlcd again bit this time I WILL NOT PUT IT BACK ON!!!!

Back