What's My Motivation? Suggestions Please!

westiegirl

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I did LL last year and lost 6 stone very successfully. I then moved to a new area and completely lost the plot and have put just over 2 stone back on.

Took the decision to rejoin LL a few weeks ago (even though it's an hour trip each way) but have been struggling so badly that I can't even complete 7 days without cheating.

Decided that because tomorrow is the first of May I want to do the full month without failing but I need some big incentive to keep me on track.

I would gratefully accept any suggestions on what my treat would be if I completed the month. It has to be something quite special and not just something ordinary (like manicures, massages, facials etc) coz I do have these things planned anyway.

Any ideas anyone?

Just asked my workmates for their suggestions and pmsl with their reply.

Ian my boss has said that if I eat at all in May that he, Heather and Rach will hold me down, remove my eyeball and make me eat that! :rotflmao:

It's crazy enough that it might just work!

Here's a really 'different' idea ....

You have a bit over 30lb to go to get to goal. Why not get your friends and family to all chip in a £1 per pound and when you get to goal, use the money to pay for safe drinking water for unfortunate people in the third world. Oxfam do a scheme that provides safe drinking water for 50 people for just £36.
After all, on a VLCD we have to drink tons of water - something these poor people can't do without risking their health.

In this way, your motivation would be that every pound you lose is another life potentially saved. Just an idea :)
Here's the link
Oxfam Unwrapped - Product Item

I always think the biggest incentive is the summer. Won't you feel so lovely in the summer sun, wearing lovely summer clothes, allowing the warmth of the sun on your skin without self consciously covering up. Imagine how confident you will feel, sexy, good looking and healthy. There are so many bonuses to losing weight my list could go on and on.

Go for it, it's a win, win, win situation for you!! :D

Hi

I was reading someones diary caz (im sorry i cant remember her ful name but she was irish and her diary was great really inspred me) anyway she bought herself an expensive radley handbag (i know what she means about them cos i have one too) and she gave it to her mum and told her mum not to give it to her till christmas and even then only if she reached a certain weight, why not try something like that, be it bags or shoes or jeans or anything really, buy it now and ask someone to hold on to it for you till you get to a target!

sorry caz but i cant remember the title of your diary :eek:

good luck

cath

Thanks folks for your suggestions.

Debbie, the Oxfam thing is very inspirational, I will look into it!

Janey, I know what you mean about summer, last summer I reached goal and it felt fantastic! Just need to stop messing about and get this last couple of stone off!

Thanks Cath, it was probably cazmazirl - I would love a Radley bag. I was given one for xmas from best mates in brown but I want a black one too. I have wanted one for years, coz of the doggie tag on it - I've a puppy just like it. That's a good idea though to give it to someone else to look after for me. Might just do that!

My workmates have made me promise something else if I do cheat. For every day that I cheat I have to buy them all lunch, so that could turn out to be quite expensive if I'm not very careful!

To be honest I would find it a treat just to fit back into the clothes that may have become too tight since the diet got side-tracked. Sorry, boring I know... you probably wanted something a lot more original then that ha-ha. :D Keep Strong, you have done it before and you CAN do it again. Angela x

yep and I bought a Radley bag too - gorgeous it is :)

Cath

Hi

I was reading someones diary caz (im sorry i cant remember her ful name but she was irish and her diary was great really inspred me) anyway she bought herself an expensive radley handbag (i know what she means about them cos i have one too) and she gave it to her mum and told her mum not to give it to her till christmas and even then only if she reached a certain weight, why not try something like that, be it bags or shoes or jeans or anything really, buy it now and ask someone to hold on to it for you till you get to a target!

sorry caz but i cant remember the title of your diary :eek:

good luck

cath

Ha Ha I'm honoured, but its not my diary that you got the Radley handbag from, thats my pal Kati's diary, aka Nikki....i'm irish, shes from Newcastle...Hey I hope one if not both of us inspired ya....;) :D

Great thread Sarah!

This is going to make me sound like a bitter old cow but I often use seeing someone who has hurt me or been nasty about my weight in the past as motivation!

My OH's sister constantly took the p*ss out of me when I was at my heaviest (but in a really snide way so that I couldn't just tell her to f-off!). When I know I'm going to see her I become dieter extraodinaire as I want her to feel envious of the weight I've lost. This is made even sweeter by the fact that she seems to get bigger every time I see her! Nasty, I know, but it gives me such pleasure :D .

How about you plan a trip to visit friends where you used to live and get back to goal incase you happen to bump into that ex of yours while you're there? Being able to think 'look at what you could have won' is also good for the willpower!
Not suggesting you do see him, but the thought that you might could work?

Hiya sarah,
no ideas for what you can do, apart from by sticking to it you'll be giving yourself the best present and that is losing the pounds, ( in weight) lol

all the best for today,stay strong.. think theres lots of peeps getting back on the wagon today, so you've got loads of company :D

Last edited:
I don't know if this applies to you, but one lady in my group has found it helpful.

Her OH offered to pay for the packs, but every time she cheated, she had to do something for him - football, or night out with the lads or similar...

Back