Whats "normal"

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Just wondering what everyones perception of a "normal" size is. I think a normal/average size is 12 so thats where im heading for.

I think it's better to ignore "normal", as everyone's opinion on what it means is different. The most important thing is to be happy with whatever size you are, by getting to the size that you feel you will be most happy at. :)

Id look awful if I was a size 12. Im aiming probably for a 16

Theres no such as 'normal' its dependant on so many things. Ill stop when I feel comfortable I dont want to be dictated to by a clothes label. Anyway a size 12 in one shop could be a 14 in another lol

ok forget it i worded it wrong!

I think you'll know when you get there! I'm not heading for a "normal" bmi as I will be too scrawny, so aiming for a 12-14 :)

Good luck, Pizzle

Hi pixie. Average size in uk for a woman is actually a size 14. There's nothing wrong in wanting to be the same as the majority. You will know what's best for you as an individual. At my height of only 5 ft 3 I was a heffer at size 14. Ive got to a size 8 now and probs just a nice size for my height. How talk are you Hun??

I would love to be a size 10-12, I thought the average went up from a size 14 to 16 years ago?
I wanted to get to 10 stone, but I will be happy at 11 stone, but will wait and see as the time gets closer to see how happy I am x

I keep thinking, I want to be well within the healthy BMI, but then worrying that I'll not be able to maintain it. So, I think like others gave said, I'll just have to see how I feel, and when I feel it, if that makes sense? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

im 5'6" and the only reason iv chosen a size 12 is because thats the only size iv ever (for years) had in my head as a goal, but to be honest size 14 would be nice.

I'm 5ft 5 and I currently weigh 9.12. I'm a 10-12. My BMI is 22.something!

My original goal was 10.6 then it was 10.00 then it was 9.7 but I think it needs to be 9st for me to be happy!

im 5ft6 currently weigh 13.10 size 12-14 top 14-16 bottom my goal is 10st but may go down to 9.5 but depends on how i look as i knw when i met hubby i was 9.5st n a size 8 but after 2 kiddies dnt think ill get to a size 8 again lol im aimin for a size 10 ill be major happy as at my biggest 2 yr ago i was a 20.

Last edited:
I'm aiming to get into the healthy bmi range, for my height the top of that range is 12stone. I've no idea what size that will be for me, as I've not been there since I was on the way up pre-teens.

I have been debating this in my head for a while. I find it so confusing to the extent of talking to one of the GPs at the surgery lol. She says really a BMI of around 27 isn't so bad since I started at 45. Am like a size 12/14 in dresses and a 16 in jeans. Am also confused as to what's ok for me as well. Everyone around me says I look good but I still feel so big. My tummy is not keeping up with the rest of the body. My bra size is 36C and if I keep doing TS I will end up a 10 top and a tummy thus a 16. Am so confused, av been a size 22/24 for all my 20s. Last year this time I would've killed to be an 18! Am now doing the shred to see if it will change my shape. May have to settle for a 12 dress and 14 jeans from the look of things.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'd be happy if i was a comfortable 14. Meaning i could get in ANY 14 i tried on.

Around 10stone is where i'm happiest. So 2 stone 7lb to go!!!!

Do any of you still see your body the same as before you lost the weight? I mean, i've lost just over 4 stone and gone from a size 22 to a 16 (14 in jeans) but when I look at my self I still see me as a size 22 sometimes. does this make sense? I guess it takes a while for the mind to catch up lol

Do any of you still see your body the same as before you lost the weight? I mean, i've lost just over 4 stone and gone from a size 22 to a 16 (14 in jeans) but when I look at my self I still see me as a size 22 sometimes. does this make sense? I guess it takes a while for the mind to catch up lol

Yes I still do :cry: and it drives my family mad. If I stand in front of the mirror naked I think *eek* am so disguisting but in pictures (dressed up of coz) I look slim and I love it. When I take pics I ask OH if I really look like that and he thinks av lost my mind. My mind is still catching up with my loss it`s ridiculous.

Anyway a size 12 in one shop could be a 14 in another lol[/QUOTE]

Am a 14 in most shops, Matalan 12, Asos depending on style 14 or 16. Going shopping this afternoon it will be so interesting to know what size I am in Lipsy (yes Lipsy!).

Such a big question isn't it? Last time I was slim I was a size 10 but I'm only 5' 1" so being the average 14 is big for me. At my heaviest I was a size 20.... bigger in some things:eek::eek: What I have noticed now is that my shape has changed. I've always had a smaller top than bottom... typical pear shape but I did have a flat stomach despite having 4 kids....... Now I've noticed the distribution of my weight is different.. it's come off my top (boo) and my bottom and seems to be stuck around my middle (yeuch) I guess this is because I'm going through the menopause:sigh::sigh::sigh: So who know's what I'll end up..... I do know I'll be happier and healthier though!

curvygirlyclaire said:

Absolutely I started 18-16 now I'm 10-12 think I look thinner in clothes but I still think I look the same size in a bikini! Strange isn't it :-(

Same problem, although I'm the other way round to lots here and bigger on the top than the bottom. Have been between sizes 18 and 10 since I started VLCDs in 2006. I usually still think I look enormous at size 12 personally but even when I'm bigger I'll still squish myself into the 12s so I suppose it's about being genuinely that size!!! Currently 10-12 on bottom, still 12 on top, BMI 22.something at 9 stone 6 lbs and 5'5.5". I have some really stupid idea about what my best size is which is probably far too small. My absolute lowest was 8 stone 7 lbs (for about a week in 2006/7) and I still think I had a wobbly tummy!!! I'd like my BMI to be at the top end of the 20s ideally but then I enjoy food too much. I think exercise is the way to really change my body shape to something I'd be happy with (sadly)...

Back