Whats the best thing

miss-tri

to eat in a restaurant? :confused: going out with friends (cant really get out of it unfortunatly!!! :cry:) really didnt want to eat out til a month after my diet/id lose a stone when i was going to go out with friends as a reward but seems like next week im going to have to. :sigh: so what would be the best thing to eat in your opinion? choices are foods like paninis, chargrilled burgers and so on...

oh and from lasagne

How about something like plain grilled chicken with a side salad? xxx

You just need to use some common sense! You know what the healthy options are - avoid fried foods, creamy sauces, cheese, white breads, sweets etc. Go for grilled meats, vegetables, tomato-based sauces. And you can ask for things to be cooked with minimal oil, or for dressings to be put on the side. That way you control how much you use.

So lasagne is a really bad choice!

How about ordering from the starter menu to reduce portion size and if you really can't face sitting there with no dessert while you're friends tuck in, see if they have anything like sorbet on the dessert menu, tasty and seeing as it's really only frozen fruit juice, it would be "bad" for you.

Most importantly, enjoy an evening out with your friends. Diets shouldn't mean that you are forbidden to have any fun :)

Just enjoy the experience and the company. Choose something you won't feel guilty about but that's still nice. Steer clear of fried or battered. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You just need to use some common sense! You know what the healthy options are - avoid fried foods, creamy sauces, cheese, white breads, sweets etc. Go for grilled meats, vegetables, tomato-based sauces. And you can ask for things to be cooked with minimal oil, or for dressings to be put on the side. That way you control how much you use. lasagne is a really bad choice!

Yes i do realise these arent healthy options but my question was what would be the best thing to eat between very unhealthy foods... each of them wouldnt be healthy but i wanted opinions on which one would be the healthiest if thats even possible... and so yes, even i know lasagne is a really bad choice but im wondering if its better to eat than to eat for example a burger...

How about ordering from the starter menu to reduce portion size and if you really can't face sitting there with no dessert while you're friends tuck in, see if they have anything like sorbet on the dessert menu, tasty and seeing as it's really only frozen fruit juice, it would be "bad" for you.

Most importantly, enjoy an evening out with your friends. Diets shouldn't mean that you are forbidden to have any fun :)

Thankyou! :) thats very helpful! and yep i agree about the enjoying the evening out, i intend to :D

If it was me I'd go for steak or chicken with a jacket potato. I'd ensure, like has already been said, that I stayed clear of creamy sauces and anything deep fried.
However, don't punish yourself. Have this one meal 'off' if you need to, and then get back on it. There are very few people who can go through this world eating *only* the healthiest choices every single day.
Enjoy.

Thankyou spicy.. il definetly be trying very hard to avoid sauces and deep fried stuff! But im going to try not to worry too much about it, and just see it as a treat and carry on, appreciate the advice! thanku

We all need the occasional treat . Keeps us sane. Just enjoy and drink plenty of water before and After will help your body expel anything bad quicker :)

yep im definetly sticking to plain water, no ordering any fizzy drinks so that should help!! :D thank you

Its on tuesday... but will do! thank you both! and everyone else for their advice/words :p

Your welcome I have only been using this for 2 days and I'm really enjoying it . So thanks all for making it great x

Back