1. Dismiss Notice
  2. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the best way to make syn free sauces ??

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by *HelenMarie85*, 18 January 2014 Social URL.

1. *HelenMarie85*

*HelenMarie85* Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people start with tinned chopped tomatoes adding herbs, onions, peppers, mushrooms etc. Is there anything else that would be good for those that don't really like a tomato based sauce (my hubby!!!) .. or ways to make it less tomato tasting lol. Thank you!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. miss.mooey

miss.mooey Well-Known Member

ide be interested to know if theres any cheese sauces with low syns... i always used to make my own with butter, flour and milk. but cant anymore, i cant justify the syns :(

4. Ruth234

Ruth234 Well-Known Member

The best I can offer is to whisk up a tub of quark, add in some fromage frais (whisk more) and then add in a couple of beaten eggs and whisk until smooth.

ultimately you will need to use your A option (or 6 syns) and grate in 40g of reduced fat cheddar to give it a cheesy taste

5. *HelenMarie85*

*HelenMarie85* Well-Known Member

Thank you!!!!