What's the maddest diet you've done?

gaijingirl

has lying hips
Inspired by something Maintainer said in a thread about the diets she had followed, I wondered what the maddest one you've ever done was?

For me it would have to be the pineapple diet. Basically you eat as much pineapple as you want (fresh or tinned) for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then in the evening a couple of hours before going to bed you eat two bananas!

You were supposed to lose 4lbs in a few days iirc!

I tried it LOADS of times until I could no longer face pineapple any more.

The last time I tried this was about 12 years ago. I still cannot eat pineapple.... :rolleyes: :mad: :D

haaaaaa!

I do remember eating an astonishing quantity of grapefruit, before during and after meals, in an attempt to lose weight. It certainly took awhile to prepare them!

My absolute favourite would be the steak + egg diet though. Cholesterol heaven.

2 x eggs for breakfast (nothing else)
2 x eggs + piece of steak for lunch (nothing else)
2 x eggs and piece of steak for dinner (nothing else)

I think snacks were eggs too, as I'm sure it was something stupid like 8 eggs a day (56 eggs a week?!)

Yes I lost weight. Yes I got sick to the back teeth of eating eggs!! Did I learn new eating habits? Err no!

haaaaaa!

I think snacks were eggs too, as I'm sure it was something stupid like 8 eggs a day (56 eggs a week?!)

Yes I lost weight. Yes I got sick to the back teeth of eating eggs!! Did I learn new eating habits? Err no!

lol...I remember that one!! Still got a photocopy of it somewhere. Wasn't it a stone in a week??

I can't remember how much weight I lost... I was probably constipated for a month after all those eggs though!!;)

I do remember getting caught, at around the same time, eating an entire Swiss roll straight from the wrapper sneakily in my bedroom at about the same time! My Dad loves telling that story to all and sundry!

haaaaaa!

I do remember eating an astonishing quantity of grapefruit, before during and after meals, in an attempt to lose weight. It certainly took awhile to prepare them!

God I suffer if my OH has 2 eggs a day!!!!! He's a vegetarian - but doesn't eat quorn/tofu etc so he has eggs and cheese every day to give him protein ... but the eggs can have awful side effects!!! :mad: :( :eek:
8 eggs a day ...... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can remember doing the Mayo Clinic Diet with my parents. Lots of protein including yep loads of egss. Did include some veg though. Don't remember losing any weight. Though I remember vividly my Mum dishing up 2 poached eggs and spinach swimming on a plate of water
Beurk13.gif
I still can't eat spinach now, although I'm sure it's very nice when not boiled to death and sat next to a half cooked egg! Not a great cook my mum!!!

I did the baked bean diet, years ago
Breakfast
dinner
and tea, as much b beans as you liked, explosive stuff.

I wonder pebbles if that was the F plan? I remember that one, lotsa beanz ! F for fibre in case any of you are too young to remember it !
Melissa

lmao @ baked bean diet.. bet ur family was happy with u!!

My maddest (by maddest i'm going for worst ever) was a variation on the cabbage soup diet.... the soup was homemade following the recipe and it made me gag before every mouthful.. it then followed that one day u would have fruit and as much soup as u could eat, the next day was veg and as much soup as u could eat (plate of veg for brekkie was disgusting!), then i think it was milk and bananas plus the soup, then steak and soup.. i crumbled on the steak day - but it was the banana day that made me lose the will to live.. the following day I had the steak for breakfast and thought b*gger this!!! :eek:

I carn't remember Melissa what it was called, i just remember by day 4 it wasnt for me, for the obvious reasons, hahah

Sounds like the F plan or something similar :eek: I did it for a while and did lose a bit but as you say how long can you survive in civilsed society ;)

I also did a steak and cottage cheese one after that but had the opposite problem :eek:

The things we put overselves through eh ? A VLCD seems quite easy and uncomplicated in comparison !

Apparently according to i think brainaic - if you eat ONLY the same thing each day - no matter what quantity the body cant detect the calories and you lose weight plus you get bored out of your mind with it - even something lovely like mars bars.

Apparently its true...who can say. i wouldnt wanna risk only icecream...

or would i?

Ivy

Apparently according to i think brainaic - if you eat ONLY the same thing each day - no matter what quantity the body cant detect the calories and you lose weight plus you get bored out of your mind with it - even something lovely like mars bars.

Apparently its true...who can say. i wouldnt wanna risk only icecream...

or would i?

Ivy

I cant believe that would be true...but if anyone tries it out please let me know!! I would live on cheese sandwiches and have done before....and would do again if I thought my body wouldnt notice the calories!!

I'm like Punkass - the cabbage soup diet. I hated celery but was determined to give it a try. Made a big pot but had to give it up after 2 days, it was awful.

I had to laugh at some of your posts, I'm sure we've been through so many fad diets before finally seeing the light and succeeding on a VLCD.

I've never heard of the pineapple diet though.

I've done all of them I'm sure!! The ones that really stick out though are The Pineapple Diet and Jenny Craig where you went every week and bought bag loads of this pre-packaged, processed dog food to eat!!! It was absolutely awful....and, of course, it cost a flaming fortune!! Honestly, it really was Winalot for weight loss!!

God so many diets to choose from, where to begin LOL.

Well I too did the Cabbage Diet, but I bought the sachets that you added water too, they were awful & so were the windy side effects that went with it:eek: TBH by the third day my family were threatening to move out due to the (how can I put this?) stench that I was emitting :eek: It was Baaaaaaad.

But my all time worst was back in the early 80's, when their seemed to be a lot of this sort of thing around, was the egg & tomato diet (eggs again!). Managed one day of that & couldn't face another egg for ages after. Didn't lose any weight either as I binged the next day as I was so hungry!

Back