Whats to stop me putting on weight now Im not in ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bigmama2littlemama, 5 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Bigmama2littlemama

Bigmama2littlemama Full Member

Hi,

I know ss is not for me at the mo, how much weight could I expect to gain now im not in ketosis and am going to consume carbs on a 'healthy eating'plan?

how quickly do your glycogen stores fill up and is there some way to minimise the damage?

Thanks

bm2lm xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Hiya

You won't necessarily put on any weight - being in ketosis just means that your body uses fat instead of carbohydrate as its main fuel source. You can still gain weight even while in ketosis!

If you are in ketosis now, you will probably find you have a small gain if you are going back to eating carbs - a few pounds, probably. However, you may find that any gain is negligible if you're drinking plenty of water and eating sensibly - and of course you can start with just a little in the way of carbs and gradually increase it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.