What's wrong with me?!

Lord LuLu

I am Slim & Save's biggest fan, put simply - it works. I went from 16 stone to 12 stone (11st 13 actually!) and never felt better. I would go past windows and want to see my reflection for the first time in so many years.

The problem comes when I stop the diet, I can't eat like a normal person and full on gorge for every single day I'm not doing S&S and I'm now up to 14 stone 10 :(. The quantities of food I am eating are ridiculous and I have no idea how to stop myself or even how to eat like a normal person. How on earth can I stick to such an extreme diet yet when I'm 'allowed' to eat food I literally gorge myself on multiple cakes, several bags of crisps in one sitting, junk food for breakfast lunch and dinner.

It goes without saying I'm back on S&S starting today, that's the easy part :eek:

90% of people put the weight back on after reaching goal soyou are not the only one who has a problem with this. You are back at it and working on the problem which is a good thing. Sometimes it may take a few goes around for it to stick. The main thing here in my view is to look at why you eat the way that you do. You can do that through therapy or through buying therapy type books and looking at things yourself. One book I've seen recommended a lot is Dr Beck's diet solution. In addition I would recommend getting into exercise when at goal. Much to my shock I actually really love my exercise and it helps me by giving me new goals to work towards, letting me see progress, burning calories and adding muscle which increases my metabolism.

Nobody is perfect. I look to improve over time and that's a great achievement in itself.

Thanks Weasey, I already have that book - just never got round to reading it! I've done S&S/Exante a few times now and find it quite easy to get back 'in the zone' but I just can't get the hang of eating 'normally' when I'm off the diet eg jacket potato and beans for lunch instead of 2 x shop bought sandwiches, crisps and a choc bar. You don't even want to know the sorts of things I've been having for dinner :eek:

I am thinking of doing S&S until just before Xmas to get a good chunk off and then doing a month of alternate day fasting but eating 'normally' eg 1600 cals a day (which is what my BMR is) on the food days rather than gorging . This will hopefully give me an opportunity to train my brain into normal eating and then I can do another month long chunk of S&S and repeat.

I'd really recommend something like juddd. I stayed the same weight for a couple of months on it (after losing lots on LL and then regaining most of it!). Only then did I feel ready to go back to vlcd and plan on doing blocks of vlcd and then judding to maintain inbetween the blocks. I see juddd as a practical long term strategy as the 2/3 500kcal will rebalance my excessive eating!

I am exactly the same as you , I am typing this feeling full sick , after eating sooo much. So your not the only one, its soo hard.

I have downloaded that book on my kindle and I am going to give it a dam good try. You could dig yours out to and lets see if it works. Its worth a try. Its not nice feeling this sick. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks ju_ju doll and tinkerblonde

I'm going to read the book instead of leaving it in a cupboard whilst gorging for weeks on end! Everytime I eat so much that it physically hurts I say I'm never going to overeat again, until the next day... :eek:

I am reading the book and are still having those blow outs - only something has shifted. I am very aware of how I am feeling when I've got the desire to eat, I've not come off plan, I've just had too much on 2 occasions this week (my back to basics week too, but that's a whole other learning point!) and I'm taking note of it to deal with next time - all of this has come from Beck. I'm starting to understand my triggers in a very controlled way and have an awareness for the first time ever of how eating too much when I'm not hungry makes me feel, both physically and emotionally. It's an interesting journey and one I really hope will progress towards not doing it in future.

What is progress so far though is considering that an extra bar and some protein is a blow out! :rolleyes:

I have done day 1 and wrote down why I want to lose weight.
I used to do this anyway. I had a text message reminding me of the reasons why. Maybe I didn't read it enough. :-0

Good Luck everyone x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks all, good to know I'm not alone although I wishe we could all knock it on the head! The positive side of things is that I'm nearing the end of day three now and am well and truly back in the zone. Once I get past day two I have very little problem sticking to it so hopefully a stone will be gone by Xmas at least.

Back