What's your days menu on maintenance?

SkinkWitch

I've got the power
Hello my lovelies!

Well I've been maintaining now for about a week, although up till then I have continued losing weight post lipo - how you may ask? It's not been intentional. I've been diagnosed with a few food intolerances, namely wheat, soya and coffee. Wheat wasn't a huge surprise and I'm not the worlds biggest coffee addict but soya! As a veggie for 12 years that did come as a bit of a blow and I'm now having to eat non-processed food (it's practically impossible to get something gluten free that has no soy in), fresh veg fruit and nuts galore. Typical days menu:

Breakfast - cornflakes with skimmed milk

Elevenses - rice or corn cakes with mushroom pate, few blanched almonds

Lunch - rice or corn cakes or pumpernickel bread with cottage cheese and picallili, teaspoon of seed mix

Afternoon snack - banana or peach

Dinner - mushroom curry with rice, or bowl of salad leaves with cottage cheese.

Drinks - mineral water or barleycup (coffee replacement, tastes divine)

I've found eating this amount during the day has stopped the weight loss and keeps me feeling happy and balanced.

What is your typical days menu?

You poor thing, those are really tough food allergies! Being vegi as well!! God! My heart goes out to you! Do you miss anything?

Guen

I am still on refeed but now on day 6 so more or less on a normal healthy menu apart from the maintenance bars for breakfast still and weighing out rice and meat etc. Today I had:

Breakfast
1 x maintenance bar (for the 1st time and really loved it)

Lunch
1 x can tuna in spring water
Small salad with added artichoke and asparagus and thin balsamic vinager

Snack - A pear

Dinner - 10 king prawns steamed with chilli, ginger and garlic with 4oz brown basmati rice, broccali, asparagus and sugar snap peas

Snack - Apple and just had a few grapes as celeb masterchef made me hungry!

Once I have finished refeed week (last day tomorrow) I will be having porridge (the whole large oat type) with skimmed milk for breakfast and very similar lunch and dinner as on refeed but swapping prawns for chicken, white fish or salmon and carrying on with fruit for my snacks. Even though I am now allowed bread I am still finding eating anything at all a novelty so am staying off bread for as long as I can.

I suffer from insulin resistance so am going to stick to low GI diet, other snacks will be unsalted almonds, oatcakes with low fat cottage cheese and homous which I love and am going to try and make my own.

Claudia xx

Breakfast - I usually have the old fashioned porridge with skimmed milk and a teaspoon of honey

For lunch I have either a sandwich bulked up with mixed salad and turkey/chicken/tuna, or a wrap with the same. Sometimes I have a salad by itself

My dinner I have normal things like stir fry, spag bol, chicken, fish, meatballs but I never have chips - I usually have couscous or baby potatoes. I have salad and veg

My snacks for the day usually are - grapes, apples, pears, ryevita garlic and rosemary. low fat yogurts

My weekend treats include - popcorn and/or a glass of wine and occasionally I treat myself to some dark chocolate

Breakfast - Maint Bar
Lunch - Maint soup with broccli & cauliflower added
Dinner - Varies from day to day but generally its chicken or fish. Some examples are
Chicken or Tuna Salad with balsalmic dressing
Chicken Caesar sald with kraft low caesar dressing
Steamed Cod with veg or salad and baked potato or make 'chips' with the potato instead (slice up into chips, sprinkle bit of chilli powder on them and bake, yummy)
or instead of the veg have ww beans or spaghetti
Prawn/Chicken stirfry

Snackwise Im not doing too healthily and Im sure my wi in the morn will reflect it this week, totm and Im eating everything in site, snacks consist of rice cakes with scrapping choc spread or having them on their own, ww yoghurt, special k bar or some ww bread toasted with light laughing cow cheese

Wow there's some nice menu ideas there! Might have to borrow a couple of those, Bindi's chips in particular :)

Guenevere, no I can't say I miss anything apart from a nice slice of toast with butter! *Dribbles*

Starting refeed on Wednesday and reading the paperwork and that my palate will be "refreshed". Has anyone discovered any foods that they now enjoy that previously they didn't?

Hi, band blue !

Yes, steamed white fish, which I couldn't stomach before, but I LOVE it ever since trying it again on refeed week !!!

I am still on refeed but now on day 6 so more or less on a normal healthy menu apart from the maintenance bars for breakfast still and weighing out rice and meat etc. Today I had:

Breakfast
1 x maintenance bar (for the 1st time and really loved it)

Lunch
1 x can tuna in spring water
Small salad with added artichoke and asparagus and thin balsamic vinager

Snack - A pear

Dinner - 10 king prawns steamed with chilli, ginger and garlic with 4oz brown basmati rice, broccali, asparagus and sugar snap peas

Snack - Apple and just had a few grapes as celeb masterchef made me hungry!

Once I have finished refeed week (last day tomorrow) I will be having porridge (the whole large oat type) with skimmed milk for breakfast and very similar lunch and dinner as on refeed but swapping prawns for chicken, white fish or salmon and carrying on with fruit for my snacks. Even though I am now allowed bread I am still finding eating anything at all a novelty so am staying off bread for as long as I can.

I suffer from insulin resistance so am going to stick to low GI diet, other snacks will be unsalted almonds, oatcakes with low fat cottage cheese and homous which I love and am going to try and make my own.

Claudia xx

Homemade houmous is lovely. I do a low-fat version. Blitz a can of chickpeas with squeeze lemon, some garlic and salt/black pepper, add fat-free fromage frais or 0% greek yogurt until you get a consistency you like. You can add a little ex. virgin olive oil if you want and I always add a teaspoon of sesame oil to give the authentic flavour you would normally get from the tahini.

You all sound like you're doing well - I'm doing a VLCD too at the mo and am about a stone away from target so am thinking about maintenance and your posts are giving me some great ideas. I intend to stick to low-GI too.

Well done and good luck

Carol x

HI Everybody. Can someone let me know if you can use prawns as your protein on the refeed. I'm not too keen on tuna to be honest and i don't fancy chicken all the time?

My understanding is that you can from Day 4 on. But stick to chicken, turkey, cod, hake, etc on days 1-3. Don't risk all your hard work.

Guen

Back