• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What's your fave dinner for when you CBA to cook?

My cba/no time to cook meals are JP or smash with a tin of Tesco Irish Stew (3.0 syns on green or EE)
chopped (not cooked) quorn sausages mixed into a tin of beans and microwaved in a JP - tastes like canned beans and sausages.

I follow these with fruit and yogurt to make me feel a bit healthier.

Last edited:
2.5 syns for the WHOLE tin? really? oh dear! I'll probably regret ever knowing that. I can make soup, but wouldn't dare attempt something as nice as an irish stew! xxx
Actually, the Tesco one is 3.0 syns green or EE for 400g can
The M&S one is 2.5 syns for 400g can on RED (but it's expensive).
I love them and like the Tesco one best.

chicken kebab i know its cooking but i have found a quick way to make it. i put chicken pieces into a pan add loads lemon juice s&p mixed herbs and alittle cajun spices and cook till browning put in a heb pitta with salad or what ever and u have a quick ta.
other quick one i like is omlette or noodles with ham and mushroom stired in sprinkle with alittle cheese

Sorus

Going for it.
One tin chopped tomatoes, one tin Tesco taco mixed beans. Heat up together in saucepan, pour over bowl of pasta. Shavings of parmesan on top if I have enough HEA left. Always delicious. Always very filling. And I always have all these things in my cupboard/fridge.

jaylou

Gold Member
Gotta be a jacket spud and beans. Love it!
Otherwise a quick carbonara - okay, it's cooking but so simple. Boil pasta, cook some bacon (or add cooked ham) then add to the pasta with a couple of beaten eggs and some parmesan. Yum.

mojomcl

Silver Member
I love to cook, too, and am on green days. My fave CBA meal is just chucking a heap of different veggies on a baking tray and roasting them, then drizzle in a little Kraft LIght Honey & Mustard dressing (1syn per tbspn), and serving with a pile of VLF CC on the side. I LOVE that 'meal'.

I'm also a fan of the Marshalls Cheesy Macaroni (I actually had a box for brekkie this morning! lol).
Also, if I can't even BA doing that, and I am actually hungry, then I'll mix a pack of cheese smash (around 3 syns for the pack once made, depending on the make), with a 'macaroni' pasta 'n' sauce (1syn I think) and water, some VLF CC & three or so eggs to bind....chuck in a flan dish (or pyrex lid, in my case! lol) and 10 minutes later I can tuck into a large, low syn 'Cheese & potato pie'. It took longer to to type it than it does to get it from cupboard to oven. Perfect!

Debs154

Trying again!!
For me it's pasta with a spoonful of Sainsbury's low fat pesto 1.5 syns with parmesan cheese - haven't heard of Marshall's Macaroni Cheese - where do you get it and what are the syn values please?

Steak and micro rice....lol! altho you have to syn the rice its a 3 min meal....well my steak takes 3 mins!!! :D

if im being good a pouch of steam veg in the microwave too - lol! xxxx

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
My fave CBA meal is roasted tomato sauce with pasta. Grab a handful of cherry tomatoes, a clove of garlic left whole, sprinkle with salt pepper and a pinch of sugar and/or balsamic vinegar. Roast for 30 minutes. In the meantime cook some pasta. When tomatoes are cooked, crush with a fork, stir in fresh chopped parsley and stir through the pasta. Delicious and easy!

If you want to add a teeny extra step you can throw in some broccoli florets into the cooking pasta a few minutes before its cooked. Then stir in the tomatoes. Great way to add in extra veggies for not much more effort.

salmon n prwans n rice... frying pan.. cook and flake salmon.. add prawsn.. whill going crunch microwave rice (golden rice frozen from asda) and if i worked it out right 1.5 syns for meal and sooooooooooooooo filling :)
Or i boil the rice and make egg rice and then it is freeeeeeeee

dehli

Silver Member
I like tinned curried mackerel on toast when I couldn't be bothered to cook. It's nice with salad on the side, or my favourite - brussel sprouts!

Apart from that, I love baked beans and even eat them cold from the tin, yummy.

tom and herb pasta and sauce, add some extra onion towards the end so it still has a crunch, and grill bacon till its crispy and then let the pasta and sauce sit for a min or so when its warm but not hot, stir in chopped bacon and topp with 42g of cheese. Its gorgeous and so quick. x