What's your fave superspeedy food?

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I love grapefruit! Ruby/pink grapefruit more specifically. It seems to help me shift the lbs really well.

It's a flipping pain to eat at my desk in a morning though!

Thought I'd ask you all what yours is and maybe get some ideas :)

H

Do you not find dealing with a grapefruit hard work. I love it but I wish they would find a canned variety that is free :confused:

Strawberries and pickled onions - not together naturally!!!

Do you not find dealing with a grapefruit hard work. I love it but I wish they would find a canned variety that is free :confused:

I do! I either peel it like an orange and then spend ages taking the white pith off, or I cut it in half, cut round the segments and then go at it with a teaspoon, which gets juice everywhere! I am never organised enough to prepare it at home the night before/morning though.

Raspberries for me :) Having a late breakfast of those in strawberry ff yoghurt and some fruity alpen light bars.

When peaches are cheaper I like having chunks of those with raspberries and vanilla yoghurt - luxury peach melba!

No - but I think frozen would be so I'm going to have a look in Farmfoods/Iceland to see if it exists.

Grapefruits are in season this time of year, so they are at their best. It'd be worth just making the extra effort to eat the fresh ones right now, because they're just SO nice when they're in season!

Why not peel, de-pith and section one and put it in a tupperware to take to work to eat later?

There are youtube videos on how to prepare grapefruit!

My mum taught me the proper way, cutting the segments without getting any pith on them. But you can get proper grapefruit spoons and knives that have serrated bits on them

I remember learning how to do it in school, and then impressing the future mother in law at xmas with my xmas eve preparation skills!

How can grapefruits be in season - they aren't grown here are they? Surely anything imported can be got any time of year? The supplier just goes to a different hemispherey type place...doen't he? I guess if they are being trawled from south america or austrailia that would make them pricier than Spanish ones.

WOW! I didn't know baked beans were super speedy!

Back