what's your inspiration?

vickiyb

What's your inspiration for doing slimming world?
I want to be able to shop for regular clothes, I want to go swimming and feel confident. I also want to lose the weight I've gained from medication and have less hip pain too

Apart from the clothes i want to be healthy, which i am struggling with,spent too much time with ww,so for me its eating right x

Fitting into nice, tailored size 10 and 12 clothes rather than shapeless dark coloured clothing. Feeling healthy, fit and energetic. Being at optimum health to take care of my three year old... and for a long long time to come. Being comfortable/confident naked. In honesty the list is endless... compared to the other list (What was your inspiration to stay overweight?) that list would have one thing on it - because cake tastes nice. There is definitely so much more to gain from being slim and healthy rather than just enjoying the taste of junk food. xx

Clothes are my biggest inspiration! I would love to walk into a shop knowing they will have my size, and that I won't look like a sack of spuds!

love this first is health the more weight I put back on my knee got worse an my asthma give me more energy for my kids as my oldest is disabled an I then have a 3 year old an a 3 month baby girl an there's nothing worse than someone you don't ermmmm like strolling past looking fab well one day that will be me lol

Feeling healthy and energetic. I feel.so much better already than I did 12 months ago.

Also clothes. I tried a few things on in a shop the other day and everything fitted and looked okay. I only bought one thing though as the others only looked okay rather than good. In my old life I would have settled for clothes that looked okay.

Mine is so I can get fertility treatment if I need it. Me and hubby have been trying for a baby for a while with no luck but because of my weight we wouldn't be allowed fertility treatment.

I want to lose weight mainly for that but also to feel better about myself and so I feel confident in clothes rather than covering up in leggings and baggy tops

Mine is to it in my size 14 clothes again. When I got to target 2 years ago I bought loads of new clothes that are currently in a vacuum bag under my bed.

I want to be able to wear skirts without needing chub-rub shorts underneath!

I don't want to be the fat mum in the playground when my youngest starts school in September.

I want to be able to run up stairs without gasping for breath.

I want to look good for my hubby. I have avoided social outings with his workmates and friends because I am so embarrassed at how much weight I have gained.

I want to feel in control- earlier this year I was signed off work with anxiety and spiralled into binging and self loathing. I know that losing weight and taking control of my eating habits will make me feelless helpless so I should be able to handle other stresses better. I am miserable at work, i don't want to be miserable when I look in the mirror too.

Mine is to it in my size 14 clothes again. When I got to target 2 years ago I bought loads of new clothes that are currently in a vacuum bag under my bed.

I want to be able to wear skirts without needing chub-rub shorts underneath!

I don't want to be the fat mum in the playground when my youngest starts school in September.

I want to be able to run up stairs without gasping for breath.

I want to look good for my hubby. I have avoided social outings with his workmates and friends because I am so embarrassed at how much weight I have gained.

I want to feel in control- earlier this year I was signed off work with anxiety and spiralled into binging and self loathing. I know that losing weight and taking control of my eating habits will make me feelless helpless so I should be able to handle other stresses better. I am miserable at work, i don't want to be miserable when I look in the mirror too.

Lol@ chubrub shorts.

I can identify with not wanting to be a fat mum at the school gates and not wanting to venture out socially due to lack of confidence. We shall get there. xx

Hi guys!

Everyone has great reasons for being on here and doing this. When I did this a couple of years ago, I lost 4stone. I did it because I was sick of being the fat girl, paranoid that a group of girls across the street were laughing at me, even when they hadn't looked in my direction.

I'm back again now for many reasons. The main one is for some control in my life. My dad has had 3 strokes in the last 7.5 weeks. My mum is in hosital for high bp. My brother in hospital for damaged knees and other family memebers in and out of hospital recently. I nees this as focus and to get to a healthier body so that *touch wood* if I end up ill or injured there are less complications. Ironically I have been eating a lot of hospital food recently and it's not very healthy.

Other reasons I want to lose weight:
1. I have a fantastic new job and want to be able to do a good job of it. Kinda feel like the fatest one there and wanna be in a smaller uniform.

2. I want to be able to walk up and down three flights of stairs without feeling like I've done a marathon.

3. I want to get fit enough to beat my 10k run time, which was abysmal (I was at my heaviest. But so proud that I completed the bleeding thing). Also to get fit enough to join the runs that are organised at disney in florida. That would be fun and the zombie apocalypse runs.

4. Get back to that happier feeling I had when I lost the previous 4 stone and hopefully lose more.

5. Feel more attractive and confident in myself. Hard to find someone new when you don't feel comfortable in your own skin.

6. Get back in my nice clothes.

7. Get a bit better at cooking :D

8. Not block water at the back of the tub when it's draining because of my chubby handles haha.

9. Hopefully cut down on my food bills and waste by not buying junk.

10. Have less chins so I can do up my top buttons properly.

11. Get healthier skin and spend less on cover up.

12. Be more active and get a healthy natural tan like glow.

13. Get less bowel problems via healthier eating (sorry I brought that up but a lot of us must have it).

14. Not find myself as exhausted as easily. And to help stop my butt becoming numb from being a couch potato.

15. Find it easier to walk around aisles in charity shops. I keep getting caught on the rails of clothes.

16. Not to pray for an empty lift (when the stairs aren't an option due to time) to step in. Or mentally count how many others can get in before the line snaps.

17. Not to spill food down on me most meals. My stomach blocks me from being nearer the table so my food has to travel further and gives up on my fork. I feel ridiculous, as if I don't know how to eat or where my mouth is. It stops me from going out with friends.

18. Being able to fit jewellery I like on. Rings I can't fit into most. (Currently have sausage fingers he are bigger than the letter options on my ring sizer).

19. To feel comfortable enough to have photos with the ones I love. These recent months have shown me how quickly things can go wrong and how we should find ways to preserve precious memories.

20. To be me. The best me I can be. Happy, healthy, confident and willing to move forward and take on new challenges.

I wish everyone else, whatever your reasons you are doing this, the best of luck in reaching your goals.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

For me it's first getting fit for my wedding - I want to look back at those pictures and treasure them, not think how much weight I could have lost..

Second - starting a family! At the minute me and OH are baby mad and we can't wait to have our own little munchin! But we both want to be in optimal health for that

third - feeling good factor - I want to feel good in my own skin

Part of my inspiration is to be able to shop in any shop! I hate having to shop in plus size stores only. I also want to feel as good looking as my boyfriend says I am, I think at the minute I cant understand why he likes me because I don't like me. Another reason is I have PCOS and my doctors having been telling me for years that if I lose weight I should be able to have kids and my PCOS symptoms should improve.

Mine is for more self-confidence and also for enjoying clothes shopping again, rather than shopping to find something that fits and looks half-way decent. However, my main inspiration is to have the confidence to actually appear in family photos. My Mum and Dad were both killed when I was fourteen and the few photos I have of them are extremely precious to me. I realised that when I pop off, if I carry on avoiding the camera, as I do now, my own children will have hardly any photos with me on!

Kathy :)

Mine is for more self-confidence and also for enjoying clothes shopping again, rather than shopping to find something that fits and looks half-way decent. However, my main inspiration is to have the confidence to actually appear in family photos. My Mum and Dad were both killed when I was fourteen and the few photos I have of them are extremely precious to me. I realised that when I pop off, if I carry on avoiding the camera, as I do now, my own children will have hardly any photos with me on!

Kathy :)

:bighug:

My main reason is i'm sick feed up looking in the mirror and hating what's looking back at me, I want to feel confident about myself and my body image again.

My other reason is when we starting trying for a baby I want to be as healthy as possible.

And of course those jeans, the ones we can't throw away but always say "i'll get back into those", yes I will be getting back into 'Those' jeans

My inspiration is I have a big Masonic function to attend in November and I want to look great in a full length evening dress. I am the one everyone will be watching as my husband is Master this year so I need to stand up in front of 150+ guests and do a speech, and the thought of having to do it feeling frumpy in a dress fills me with dread x

Wow! The thought of doing a speech in front of that many people would fill me with dread, however amazing I looked!! :O You must be very brave! Good luck with your weight loss then. :)

Kathy x

Want to be able to get on a plane and use only 1 seatbelt.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I know how that feels. The first time I flew was to New Zealand and the hostess came out with this bright red seat belt extension. I was embarressed . Have not been for 5 years but did manage then not to have entension. Really wish you good luck with that, it is such an inspiration.

Back