What's your motivation to lose weight?

LisaC

Gold Member
For me its confidence & feeling happy with myself. People say Im fine the way I am but at the end of the day only we know if we're comfortable in our own skin right :) (and if we actually do need to lose a few lbs!)

Same.. The day i looked in the mirror and like the person i saw, was the day i knew i was happy, and could call target.
I think up untill then though, it was almost an addiction to loosing weight, i loved the rush of getting on those scales once a week, and seeing all my hard work pay off, it would motivate me to keep going every single week.. now i rely on my tattoo to keep me focused and not slip. because its on my stomach, i want to be proud to show it off when i please. xx

At the moment its for my holiday in Sri Lanka at the end of November - its keeping me focused knowing i will be bikini clad for 10 days!

Longer term, its health, confidence and to look god in my wedding dress in 2011.

i want to be able to not feel embarrassed by my figure.

i want to be able to be happy enough not to constantly compare myself to the people around me.

Mine is seeing my Daughter grow up.
I want to feel confident in my skin too!

i've always been big, my dad is big, my mum was big. After my mum died my dad married a teeny tiny 5 foot 8 stone lady, who is wonderful and lovely, but he began to criticise me. I got to the weight I was because I rebelled. That and I loved food.

I got bullied in school for the way I looked. A gang of girls used to follow me around chanting 'Oh Vicky, you're so prettyyyyyyyyyy' (meaning I wasn't) - you know the type, you've seen Mean Girls - and I was just miserable. So I ate.

Now, I want to feel like I'm attractive. I know i'm nice, and that i'm fun. But I don't feel pretty and never have. I still don't feel it 8 stone down.

In January I met the most gorgeous wonderful beautiful boy I could ever wish to meet, and we fell hopelessly in love. He tells me every day that i'm beautiful. I don't really believe him yet.

I realised that I shouldn't be trying to get thin for my dad, or my brothers, or because of what those girls said or did, but for me. And that's when it first clicked. Now I am so determined to get the rest of that weight off. I want to look at myself in a full length mirror without my towel and think 'Yeah, you look good'.

Hopefully that goal is not far off if I have all my lovely new Minimin friends and friends at class to help me.

aww vixxster that's a sweet story im so happy you've fell in love with someone who adores you, you deserve it.

the pain is something that sticks with you for ages and i know how you feel about rebelling with food but WELL DONE! for everything you have done and losing 8 stone is amazing!

Its too easy to hold on to the negative and diminish the impact of the positive but this board is doing wonders for everyone by helping them realise that every goal is worth celebrating!

Well done again and keep up the good work. You're an inspiration :-D

Heh, well, I lost 9 and a half, acquired a boyfriend who liked to wine and dine me, or stay in and buy takeaways, and it went back on. 1.5 stone over 6 months. EEEK!

I went back to SW last week because after being made redundant in May I got a temp job 2 weeks ago. All my new size 16 work clothes are pretty tight now, even though I can still get them on, they are uncomfortable. I threw all my 18s away and vowed to NOT be ever buying any more.

So i'm back to a class now and I'm back on plan! And it's ALL GOING TO BE GONE! :D

Thanks for nice words guys. :D xx

i think you look very pretty in your pic on yuor blod, there is a sense of warmth about you

i've always been big, my dad is big, my mum was big. After my mum died my dad married a teeny tiny 5 foot 8 stone lady, who is wonderful and lovely, but he began to criticise me. I got to the weight I was because I rebelled. That and I loved food.

I got bullied in school for the way I looked. A gang of girls used to follow me around chanting 'Oh Vicky, you're so prettyyyyyyyyyy' (meaning I wasn't) - you know the type, you've seen Mean Girls - and I was just miserable. So I ate.

Now, I want to feel like I'm attractive. I know i'm nice, and that i'm fun. But I don't feel pretty and never have. I still don't feel it 8 stone down.

In January I met the most gorgeous wonderful beautiful boy I could ever wish to meet, and we fell hopelessly in love. He tells me every day that i'm beautiful. I don't really believe him yet.

I realised that I shouldn't be trying to get thin for my dad, or my brothers, or because of what those girls said or did, but for me. And that's when it first clicked. Now I am so determined to get the rest of that weight off. I want to look at myself in a full length mirror without my towel and think 'Yeah, you look good'.

Hopefully that goal is not far off if I have all my lovely new Minimin friends and friends at class to help me.

Back