whats your motivation

My daughter. Im a size 16 which i know isnt huge, but at only 5ft 4...its not exactly great. I want to be a mum who is happy and confident in her looks and pass that onto my daughter so she grows up with a positive body image. I am also fed up of being the "fat" one of the family....family pictures are a nightmare when you have a stepmum and a sister who are both size 10's!!!

But yeah, its mainly for my daughter. Shes 2 now and has always eaten healthly, but she has got my genes and my build. Shes not fat at all (27lbs at 2 years old) and is very active, but i want her eating the right thing and to eat the same healthy things as me. Healthy slim mummy can only mean positive things :) xxx

Selfish but for me. I want to be able to pick up a dress and only thing i have to worry about is what shoes to wear, not it shows off my bulges. x

TBH just to look better and therefore feel better about myself.

There are a few reasons I'm doing this.

1. Confidence - I went back to my home town 2 weeks a go and realised I didn't want to meet up with my old college and work friends (who I really miss) because I was so embarrassed about how I look. :( Really made me re-evaluate what I was doing with my life in regards to my own health.

2. Babies and weddings - Me and my OH talk about this a lot and I realised if he does ever ask me to marry him my first thought would be 'oh god - must lose weight'. Not the best thing to think upon proposal!

3. Fashion - I love shopping so much and it's just getting harder and harder to find things that look okay on me. Because of this, I add an 'inspirational item' to my food diary I keep every day. I find something on the internet that I'd love to wear if I was slim and I copy and paste the image. Looking through them keeps me motivated :)

Emily

I'm with Britt - fed up of being the fat one amongst all my skinnie minnie friends - so humiliating that they've had kids and manage to maintain size 8/10 figures and theres me not a child in sight struggling into size 16s - the shame of it!!

Health mainly for me. I ended up in hospital for 3 weeks with a weight related illness, that was a wakeup call. Nearly lost my leg.

Plus I want to be able to get on a plane without crapping myself in case I cannot fit the seat.

Lastly, the clothes you can get when you are big are really grotty and I want to wear puurrty things for once in my life :D

1. My health - I have so much pain from the arthritis in my knees and I know that if I can manage to shift a few stone I will feel the benefit.

2. My son is getting married next summer and I want to look nice for the day and on the photos!

Dawn x

Now I am pregnant I am just trying to maintain but before when I was on the diet the reasons for my motivation were:-

1) My health and being physical well and not being at risk to conditions like dieabetes
2) For my own confidence in myself and to feel good with my body :)

Mine is simple - I am sick of missing out on life!

Now this means many things to me, making excuses not to see friends, not being able to keep up with my children or being the best mum I can be, not being able to dress how I would like, not feeling worthy, not being the best wife I can be, feeling angry at myself, this list goes on, I actually have a list and I add to it all the time. Top of my list is my health and this comes before everything as without it nothing else would be possible and my children need me to be around for a long time.

To those who are doing it for yourself, this is not selfish at all, everyone needs to do it for themselves even if other things (mostly our children :D) spur us on! xxx

to get into a pair of jeans my ex oh bought me - and i did, and i felt so good that i made him want me again.

to feel like i fit in and not like an oddball - size 14/16 next to two older sisters who have always been 6/8...

to stop myself before i hit the next size up

to prove to myself that i do have self control

to reduce my period pains

to not be worried about my weight when i want to have children due to having pcos

to maybe get rid of my pcos and prove that you can lose weight with this condition, maybe to encourage other women in my family to do the same

and now, since i joined minimins, to achieve that amazing sense of self-satisfaction and talk about it for hours in the hope that someone or other struggling with their weight reads my posts and thinks 'i can SO do this'.

:) xxxxxx

mine is to lose the weight so next time at waterpark the life guard doesnt ask if im pregnant!!! so ashamed,

to be able to buy clothes with my bf in normal shops like topshop and newlook and not panic that he picks up and 14 and says this will fit and i go into changing room and pretend i tried it and didnt like it.

and final one , i want to be healthy. and stay eating dairy, i used to eat rubbish and be dairy free, now im eating dairy because im being healthy.

No disrespect intended Debtdummy, but I think the comment about dairy could be misconstrued. It is perfectly achievable to eat healthily without eating dairy. There are plenty of dairy replacement products on the market and the two are not mutually exclusive from one another.

For me, I have several motivational purposes. I now have a family history of type 2 diabetes as my mother has developed it and I do not wish to end up heading down that path myself in the not too distant future.

I have suffered forever with long term depression and anxiety issues. Some of those are either directly or indirectly related to the fact that I was very big, both tall and wide. If I am ever to stand a chance of improving my self-esteem and self-confidence I MUST improve how I view myself in the mirror. The amount I ate was in part to build an emotional wall of protection from hurt. Losing weight is therefore a little scary, I am making myself more vulnerable, but hopefully the upside of that is that I can also become more open and take risks I wouldnt have ordinarily taken without being so damaged when they go wrong.

I want to be a good role model to my family too, but also not be so hard on myself. I am my own worst critic and I need to stop giving myself reasons to beat myself up.

I dont want to be ashamed of my body any more, or have to be the fat funny one. I want to find out who I am behind the mask.

Thats not all of it, but its enough to keep me going for now...

To not hate my wedding photos!

I hate photos of myself. I hated photos of myself when I was a size 10 but look back on them now and wish I was that slim again!

Going to see Take That next year and being able to run to the front with my friends who are thin and can run fast.

Not engaged yet, but want to be nice & thin when my man asks me :)

I have only been doing SW for a few weeks and already feel miles more confident. I also have an anxiety disorder so anything I can do to boost my confidence is great for me. The fact that I am growing more gorgeous by the day is a bonus :bunnydance:

A few weeks ago I was walking past a building site and a scaffolder shouted to his mates, "Look at the size of her!" I cried for a whole day then started doing SW. OK, I shouldn't care what that stranger thinks. He is obviously a complete idiot (he thinks fat people are deaf for starters) but it gave me the kick I needed.

I have to walk past the same building site every day but I am much more confident as I am in control of my eating now. I wear my SW plan like a cloak of invinsibility LOL They can shout whatever they like now and I wont care!:Na_Na_Na_Na:

No disrespect intended Debtdummy, but I think the comment about dairy could be misconstrued. It is perfectly achievable to eat healthily without eating dairy. There are plenty of dairy replacement products on the market and the two are not mutually exclusive from one another.

:)
im a medical mystery, since birth i have been dairy free, recently went to tenerife and ate dairy out there and come back and im totally able to eat dairy, soon as i eat something thats remotely rubbish or high in cals. my body starts rejecting everything for hours, if i stick to fresh foods and nothing ready made im fine, odd, even doctor doesnt know why all of a sudden im fine,
smallest bit of dairy before holiday would have me in toilet with hot water bottle and then sleepy for hours

Back