Whats your motivation?

vixmania41999

Silver Member
I've got a list of reasons I want to lose this weight, what are your reasons? Mine are:
  • To be fit and healthy
  • To feel confident about myself
  • To be able to run around after my daughter and be a positive role model for her.
  • To be slim before my daughter starts school so no one bullies her for my size.
  • To be able to walk into any clothes shop and find clothes to fit, not just shops that go up to larger sizes.
  • To look good in a wedding dress when we renew our vows.
  • For poeple to see me, not some fat woman (or at least I feel like thats what they see at the moment)
  • To feel more confident under the sheets pmsl or as auntie Gok says, to look good naked!
  • To have the confidence to take part in the sports hubby likes.
  • To feel like I can step on the bus or a lift without it moving massively.
I'm sure there are lots more reasons but these are my main ones, my health and my daughter being my main priority.

Lets see your reasons? xxx

Last edited:
Sounds silly but at almost 6ft tall I'm always likely to be the tallest in a group of women and I can't change that....but I don't want to be the fattest too!

Short term, I want to fit into my ski trousers by the time I go skiing at Christmas.

I want to get my BMI low enough so that I can get help to conceive - that is what keeps me going on this diet .... the thought of being able to have a baby :)

So i can be a mummy.

and live a long healthy life with my Joe, and our little family when we have one! xx

and too look good naked! im getting there :eek:)

God, how long have you got!?! The main reasons are:

* To be healthy and reduce the risk of any illness due to being overweight (lost my sister to breast cancer, so that's the main one)
* To not feel like I am less of a person.
* To be able to go shopping for clothes and enjoy it.
* To not be the fattest person where ever I go ..... I HATE that!
* Just to feel more confident.

My main motivations are:

• To look good and therefore feel good about myself.
  • Be a positive role model for my daughters.
  • Take my daughters swimming.
  • Live longer hopefully.
I have a load more which i am having trouble thinking of right now (typical :p)

Main reasons:

To be healthy and not put myself into a risk category for health matters
To be a slim bride and like my wedding photos - even full length ones!
To conceive in years to come
To be able to fit into nice clothes instead of finding clothes that just fit me

Thats my list today -but there are a million reasons to be doing SW and none, not to be!

x

Umm how long do you all have lol, my main ones are:

To be happy when I look in the mirror
To be able to try on clothes and say 'that's not the right colour' or 'it's the wrong shape' not 'i look really big in this'.
To enjoy shopping and be able to wear what I like not just what looks ok on me.
To be healthy and care for my body
To be confident when I get married, to be a mum one day and be a role model to my children.

Their my main ones at the moment but I'm sure the list will grow.

To not be embarrassed by seat belts not fitting

Great thread. I keep meaning to write these down so that if I'm feeling a bit low or less motivated than usual I can look at that and try and stick to plan.

My reasons:

To be able to shop in 'normal' shops and buy what I want rather than just buying what they do in my size and doesn't look horrendous
To be able to get fit
To not worry about getting on to the floor with kids because I might not be able to get back up
To be able to meet (and look forward to meeting) people that I haven't seen for a few years and not worry that the first thing they'll think is 'Gosh, she's put on weight'
To not worry about not fitting on rides/in theatre seats/plane seats and to be able to put the tray down comfortably on a plane
To feel more confident about myself
To not feel that my parents are ashamed/embarrassed by me because of my weight
To be able to participate in any activity that I want to without worrying that I can't fit in the clothes/in the seat/that I'll get left behind etc etc
To go skiing again

I think porkypaul's comment is also very fair and I can echo some of that too (so you're not alone !)

And like others many other reasons. I'll write them down one day............................!

Good luck everyone.

Gail x

Main reason is to get my BMI under 30 so I can get fertility treatment to have another baby.My next appointment is on the 2nd feb so I'm trying really hard to hit my target.
Overall though I want the old me back.I used to weigh half what I do now and was much happier and more confident back then.Plus I hate worrying about if I'll fit on rollercoasters and having to shop in "fat clothes shops" :(

I would have to say that my greatest motivation is the support and compliments that my OH and my family give me because I have been very focused this time and when I go to WI on a thursday I get loads of phonecalls to find out how i got on and to know that they really care how i am doing with this journey
and for the first ime in years not having to get the biggest size in clothes and to be able to dump stuff that dont fit and that I will never grow into again
My OHs neice is getting married next july and I would just love to get something really nice to wear and not feel old because I have had to get something frumpy to wear theres loads more reasons for me but would take to long to write them all down
Main thing is that I JUST WANT THE OLD ME BACK

mistysmummy - that is so lovely. I'm so glad you've got so much support from your family. That makes such a difference.

Gail x

To be fit and healthy now and for as long as I'm around.
Short term - to fit into my wedding Dress I've already bought and is 3 sizes too small!!! :)

Think mine are the same as most lovely ladies on here!

Loose weight to be a role model to daughter.
Healthy weight for having another baby.
Be able to shop in 'normal' shops x
Oh, to be lighter than my husband for a change x

Mainly health reasons for me - for years I thought I could handle it. As you get older it becomes worse. I am now diabetic (type II) with high BP and was until recently on insulin.

I am already off the insulin thanks to the healthier lifestyle, and it is more than possible I may well be off medication and BP tablets if I succeed - a great goal in itself!

On a sadder note, I've recently lost two very good friends to cancer and my best mate now is to go in for life-saving (hopefully) surgery. I feel I owe it to them and their respective memories to make the most of the chance I have - that inspires me greatly.:wave_cry:

Steve

Well done on your achievements so far Steve. It really is fantastic that you've already come off insulin. I have my fingers crossed for the tablets too......

There is a health element in my motivation too (although it's less promiment than some of the other motivations). I'm starting to get to an age where it's difficult to deny that 'it'll be ok because I'm still young' because I'm no longer that young :( and it may well start to affect to my health So hopefully I won't get to that point !

So sorry to hear about your friends. I'm sure that you're already making them proud. I hope your best mate's operation goes well.

Gail x

Back