Whats your motivation????

pinkiepie

My OH said to me the other day (whilst chomping on a burger) i must have amazing willpower, now i have terrible willpower, hence why i have a weight problem.
If i try any other diet i fail within the first few days, i have no control when it comes to food & always over eat. But yet i find LT the easiest diet i have ever done!!!
For me personally my motivation comes from the instant results you get from LT (i am far too impatient for other diets) also because it is such a strict diet i find it easier, when i tried WW for instance i would always go just over my points and convince myself i would make up for it the following day (which i never would). Finally the biggest motivation for me is the way LT is making me look at food very differently, i now have to find other ways of dealing with situations that i would have previously used food as an escape, i now see food as nothing more than fuel to make my body function & no longer something that will make me happy (which actually turned out to be completely the opposite). So...

What motivates you to do TFR?
Where do you get the willpower to do such a strict diet?
Why does LT triumph where so many other diets fail within the first few days?

hi

as for failure rates i think this is the same as any diet, or worse, as it does take such a commitment, we just dont hear about it so much.

as for my motivation, i had an op on my jaw last year (for tmj) they dislocated it, reset it and put be back together again. i had to blend everything! it was gross, i know why babies cry when they are being fed now, blended food is gross.

so i lived on choc mouse and gained any weight lost!

well the doc said i may need op again, and i dont want it, so he said to try and avoid it, i have to wear a nighttime applicance like a gum sheild, do jaw exercises, and eat soft/pureed food again.

i didn't want to gain weight living on choc mouse and red wine again, and certainly dont want to blend everything - so, as my friend tried this i thought i would!

i do have a flap jack a few times a week, so my jaw get some movement, but stick mostly to shakes, the flappies are agony to eat for me but i like em.

also i have a spinal disease , fibromyalgia and an underactive thyroid, and i thought if i dont take control now (i'm 37) i will always be fat and in pain. so there you go, motivation to stop eating totally was born!

hopefully i can fix jaw, reduce back pain, increase energy and maintain weight for ever after this. that is the plan!

take care

H xx

My motivation was definitely the quick weight loss.
I've tried every diet going in the last 10 years ( except the Tapeworm Diet ! LOL )
Although I followed every diet to the letter & weighed everything & didn't cheat, I would only lose 1 lb a week, then after a month, I wouldn't lose any more !!
LT was the only diet where I could guarantee losing weight every week ( apart from when I had to take antibiotics )

Great thread pinkiepie!

I have to write this in pink to celebrate your names sake! :)

FIRSTLY I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU 100%! This is the easiest diet in the world and you get so much respect from people for doing it - they think you are awesome hahaha (its a bit like when you loose your voice but your throat doesnt hurt - everyone feels sorry for you and gives u sympathy but really u feel fine? lol)

Also big thing I agree with is how LT totally detaches you from food and forces you to adapt new coping strategies and form more positive habits to deal with situations without turning to food.

The main reasons that give me motivation to do TFR...

1. Me and my sis in law went shopping in may and went into cruise and seen these awesome rock and republic jeans - we both melted (she is size 8 - i was size 14 pushing to 16) - so i told her that we would come back in september and buy a pair when i had lost my weight - i started LT the next week... and I am happy to say I am on track for purchasing my rock and republic jeans in size8 this september! :)
2. I have my own business and my weight was really getting me down to such an extent i didnt want to meet clients - I had outgrown all my suits and felt awful. I also want to get more PR and get in the papers but you need to take photos and stuff and I just hated how I looked. Also looking slim and feeling confident sends out a much more postive message to my future clients.
3. Im single! I would love to meet someone, and even though I did occasionly get asked out when i was chubby I didnt have much confidence and there was just no way i was having sex lol noooo way! Now I have lost my weight I feel so much more confident and I have been asked out by 3 different men in the last week! So I am sure that I will have a relationship soon! :)
4. Fashion - i always used to wear cool clothes and i had my own style - as the weight piled on my interest in fashion diminished as I couldnt even fit into clothes - its hard to take when you walk into a nice designer shop and the size LARGE is like way too small for u... I want to start looking my best again and wearing clothes I love - not just clothes that fit me and cover my flobby bits! I spend so much time planning and researching my new wardrobe - i think im going to be addicted to fashion!
5. Playing Poker On TV - big goal for me is to play poker on TV but i dont want to be sitting there with the camera under my double chin and me shouting all in and the bingo wings flying everywhere - so just want to get slim and then i will be ready for my TV poker debut! lol i will keep u all posted ;)

THESE REASONS KEEP ME GOING - WHEN I FEEL LOW I THINK OF THESE REASONS AND I JUST GET SPURRED ON TO ACHIEVE MY GOAL.

Well really it is my forthcoming wedding, but also various other reasons.
I suffer with PCOS and so I have more chance of developing diabetes. We want to start a family soon and so losing weight will give me a better chance.

I have been a yo yo dieter for years and change up and down by about 3 stone each time. I did get down to such a happy weight but gradually it came back on again. When I got engaged last September I was like, ok time to lose, but it never happened. So when I ready about LT I just had to give it a shot or my dress will never do up.

To me LT is working successfully and more so than any other diet

I don't have to think about what's for tea.
If my stomach rumbles I have a drink of water.
The weight loss is visible in such a short period of time.

On a "normal" diet, i.e. one where you eat, you have a good first week (i always lost between 4-5 lbs) and then it would stagnate to 0.5-2lb per week. LT is a higher weightloss week in week out - the results are just so much better that it keeps you motivated.

We all know it's not easy, but it works for so many of us! Whoever would have thought that you CAN survive a day with no food!! 3 weeks tomorrow and I have never been prouder of myself, ergo...... continue!!!!!!!!

Lots of similar reasons - and also because there was no way I was going to sit on the beach with it all hanging out!!!! Not been abroad for years and want to make the most of it.
The main reason though is simply that I was fed up of being fat!!!!!!

my reason is me, my OH and baby daughter are emmigrating to australia in the new year on his work visa. want to look fab in a cozzy and if we like it over there will apply for a perm resisdency and dont want my weight to be an issue when it comes to medicals. plus im bored of being fat....:)

My original motivation was an oldskool night October 11th where my ex would be playing....

& found out today she's also playing at a night I'm going to in Brum at the end of August.... grrrrr bloomin' women...

e9hf89.jpg

Still it's been a long time since it's been about her... I'm doing this for ME & I tell you I've never had so many double-glances & compliments from people I know & smiles & glances from beautiful strangers I didn't know ;) :D

Had another mad clothes clearout today & I can easily get into my Aston Villa tops from the 1995/6 season :D

In fact I bought some 36" jeans today on the premise that I'll wear em next month... tried em on & they fit me just fine now :D It was only a few months ago I was 40" going into a 42" !

I love LT :D Joining the gym on Monday too - something I've really missed but always felt embarrased when I was 17 stone...

I have gradually put weight on over the years. I've tried loads of diets but would put the weight back on plus more. With each pregnancy I put on weight then didn't lose it afterwards. I was told about LT last year but dismissed it. A friend started in the New Year and again I dismissed it thinking I would never stick to it. I did think twice when another friend started but then I went on holiday.

The weekend before I started my blood pressure was checked and was sky high. That was the kick up the bum I needed. I started LT on the Monday just to get my BP down and haven't looked back.

My BP is now on the low side of normal and I feel much happier. Now I'm determined to stay on LT until I get to target.

LT works for me coz it is so strict. On other diets I "allow" myself a little trest and end up bingeing. This is all or nothing and it costs me £36 each week!!! I'm not going to waste my money when I am saving for a new wardrobe!!!!!!!

I love when I lose weight and also when I fit in the next size down and I love the encouragement I get from on here. In fact I love my life at the mo and I couldn't say that when I started!!!

x

I had been overweight for over 15 years and to be honest it had been a long time since I had tried dieting. I'd kind of drifted into thinking along the lines of "fat and happy". The main driving force for me was the realisation that I not only didn't recognise the person in the mirror but that I didn't much like her either. I wanted to rediscover myself and be the best that I could be.

xxx

My motivation was seeing how much weight a lady at work had lost in a short amount of time. I'd tried Lipotrim before but it just wasn't the right time and I hadn't the right willpower to do it.

I'm really finding it ok so far, i'm on my 4th day and not hungry. Maybe just missing the eating part still at the mo. I'm downing cold peppermint tea like it's going out of fashion. Even though I haven't really posted you guys on here are all an inspiration and I come on everyday and just read to get me through the hard bits of the day.

I've dieted all my life, lost the weight then put it back on again. Doesn't help when you have a man that eats and eats and stays skinny it makes me depressed and want to eat more lol.

We booked our wedding for April next year so i'm doing this for that special day,and the rest of my life. It's not right at age 25 i'm worrying that I could have a heart attack because i've eaten too much food all my life.

My motivation was just fitting in the clothes that as a 24 year old girl i deserve to wear. I contantly buried myself in hooded tops and baggy tops now my size 12 jeans fit snug and loving my new figure hugging tops. Plus i was sick of being know as the cuddly one out of my mates, a bear is cuddly not a girl!!! I was also suffering from low self esteem which i finally figured out after years of denying it was weight related! So now ive lost my weight my self esteem is through the roof i never think are people staring at my muffin tops when i walk down the road ha ha ha ha xxxxxxxx

hi, well for me..fast results...i've always been over-weight...3 years ago i quit smoking on new years eve, best thing i ever done....i really have no will power at all so im shock i've even lasted.

since then my weight has piled on, at my heaviest i was 18st, then i would start to diet, get down to 17st and it would'en move...17st was always my sticking point.

Its strange but being over-weight does'nt bother me, i am who i am.... it my b'day next month and i've got to the stage where even if i could do something to improve my health..i'll give it ago.
I just want to stick around abit longer...theres so many young people dying in early age..

Im on LT just to shift a couple of stone, and try and change my attitude on eating. i don't even want to get down to my bmi weight....being skinny does'nt suit me or my personality..

Im not sure how long i will even stay on LT, im just going day by day...my goal is 1 mth.. i need goals in my life and i hope to stick to this one.

I would really love to get to my weight goal of around 13.5/14 stone...and stick at that...

Last edited:
being skinny does'nt suit me or my personality..

I keep thinking that at the mo im a healty size 12 and my BMI is 0.8 away from healthy and wanna keep hold of my curves :D i wouldnt look right size 8

Fairies can be cuddly too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I debated whether to make my user name FatFairy instead of CuddlyFairy coz I am fed up being the fat friend and the fat daughter and the fat sister.

I'm not 24 but I know where you are coming from Joanna. I wish I had found LT years ago, although I don't know if would have been in the right frame of mind back then.

Dont change ya name!!!!! :(

Yeah i was always known as Joanna ya know the big one! ahhhhhhh one of my friends (i use the term friend loosely!) said the other day yeah u look ok for u, but just wait u'll be back in those size 18's in a month!! So i went home and binned all my old clothes so i cant get back in them!

Friends like that we don't need!!!!!!

My mum describes me as her fat daughter - although not to my face! She got caught out once when someone said to her, in front of me, "she's not fat"!!!!

She also called me her fat baby in my baby book even though I weighed less than 7lb at birth and she was nearly 10lb!!!! She never described my sister as fat and she weighed nearly 2lb more than me!!!!

You have done so well to drop 4 dress sizes. Stuff that so-called friend, she is only jealous! Is she a skinnyminnie or your now fatter than you friend?

I need to clear my wardrobes of all my too big clothes, they are off to the charity shop. OH said they must go before I buy anymore!!!! Don't know why I haven't got rid before now!

x

I weighed 10lbs at birth not a great start ha ha ha ha ha ha

We were the same weight really but obviously now im a lot slimmer and i think losing this weight has changed me as a person as well eg she slags other people off to make herself feel better and hand on heart i used to partake in that. However other week she said something and i just blurted out thats not nice mate and shes just calling me boring now as i dont partake in meals or nights out anymore as id rather stay in then go out and not drink xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh and get rid of those clothes!!! If they dont fit bin em or sell em i sold all mine on ebay lol x

Back