Whats your reason?

Lardylizi

Just out of curiosity what is different ppls reasons for wanting to lose the weight?

Mine are.... in order of importance to me..

1) To have a child & health (I'm struggling to conceive & in process of having tests etc but have been told that if I was to need IVF my bmi will have to be 30 or under.
2) To feel better about myself / looks
3) To have more choice in clothes

Just generally to help me love myself more, problem is my hubby is so easygoing and loves me just as I am so permanently treats me to bad things.. so he thinks he's being nice but it just makes me worse because I cant say no... but once on my shakes I shall !!!

Good question

1. To just loose the weight once and for all, I have either been full on dieting or avoiding dieting or putting weight back on for the past 10 years. I have wasted so much time on this.
2. Same as your no 1
3. To be healthy and look and feel better - for me and my family

Are you just about to start? I am at the end of week 3 and loving it. Hope it goes well for you, you seem determined! This is a great place to come and get inspriation, advice and a thumbs up from people in the same boat as you.

Hi Lizi,

I feel soooooo much better when I'm slim.

I love fashion and being able to wear what I like is fab. I always feel I have to make more effort with dressing up and makeup when I'm heavy and sometimes its nice to just go out in a simple pair of jeans and t-shirt and look good. On the other hand..I love dressing up and there's so much more choice when the bulges aren't there.

Health and energy. (and yeah when I'm ready to have a baby, I'd like to be in good shape)

Also, I've only ever lost a lot of weight through stress or grieving and not been able to enjoy being smaller. This time I'm gonna love every second of it, I can't wait to lose the weight for good.

Thanks for the thread xxx

Good question

1. To just loose the weight once and for all, I have either been full on dieting or avoiding dieting or putting weight back on for the past 10 years. I have wasted so much time on this.
2. Same as your no 1
3. To be healthy and look and feel better - for me and my family

Are you just about to start? I am at the end of week 3 and loving it. Hope it goes well for you, you seem determined! This is a great place to come and get inspriation, advice and a thumbs up from people in the same boat as you.

Well done, I hope to god I get as far as week 3, finishing wk 1 will be a challenge in itself for me! About to start soon, im off to see the counsillor lady tomorrow night and wanted to start sat so I could get 3 days in before back to work on tues which is when Im at my worst sat at a desk, but meant to have plans for sunday which im trying to get out of as it involves eating...lol, but im just dead keen now ive set my mind to it that I dont want to wait till after sunday!

Hi Lizi,

I feel soooooo much better when I'm slim.

I love fashion and being able to wear what I like is fab. I always feel I have to make more effort with dressing up and makeup when I'm heavy and sometimes its nice to just go out in a simple pair of jeans and t-shirt and look good. On the other hand..I love dressing up and there's so much more choice when the bulges aren't there.

Health and energy. (and yeah when I'm ready to have a baby, I'd like to be in good shape)

Also, I've only ever lost a lot of weight through stress or grieving and not been able to enjoy being smaller. This time I'm gonna love every second of it, I can't wait to lose the weight for good.

Thanks for the thread xxx

Thanks Sunshine singer, I cant wait to enjoy clothes shopping, and like you say its always much more effort to look nice when your bigger, even though I carry my weight evenly so everyone seems to comment that I do look good but when I look back at the pics im thinking OMG what the hell???, anyway fingers crossed like you I can be past that soon eh x

For me i would say,

Not to be the fattest person I know, I hated being looked at i could see what people were thinking,

I do want to be healthy too and alive, I had a DVT and thought better get something done so i will be around and watch my son grow up

But im getting there.

Hope it all goes well for you.

For me i would say,

Not to be the fattest person I know, I hated being looked at i could see what people were thinking,

I do want to be healthy too and alive, I had a DVT and thought better get something done so i will be around and watch my son grow up

But im getting there.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Wow ur doing fantastic by the looks of it, id say more than getting there, you should be really proud of yourself!

Lizi - I started Good Friday so that I would have 4 days at home without having to see anyone or sit at my desk and by the time I got back to work I was into the swing of things. I would suggest investing in a good (and long) book, a couple of magazines and line up some DVDs or films on TV for those first few days. Distraction is key!! But it is worth it and by day 4 I felt better than I had in ages and now the time is flying by!

Good luck with your plans on Sunday, I tell you BBQ season is going to be a killer for me!!

Lin

Not to be the fattest person I know, I hated being looked at i could see what people were thinking Snap!

You are doing really great, excellent losses, well on your way to your target.

Reasons to lose it?

No clothes left in the wardrobe.
My 9 year old patting my belly affectionately.
Want to feel like my wife fancies me again and not just puts up with me.
Don't want to wait 3 mins at the top of a slope to take my golf shot coz I can't breathe.
Want to be able to get past 3pm still able to walk up the stairs in work.
Want to look as good as I can when we start gigging in the band.

Some of these may seem a little exagerated or maybe trivial, but you know where I am coming from I hope.

Great topic by the way. And good luck.

Just out of curiosity what is different ppls reasons for wanting to lose the weight?

Mine are.... in order of importance to me..

1) To have a child & health (I'm struggling to conceive & in process of having tests etc but have been told that if I was to need IVF my bmi will have to be 30 or under.

Hey just wanted to wish you luck ttc I know how hard it is as I have been there myself.. I had IVF and I am sure at the time I didnt have a BMI of 30 but one think I know every time I used to see the professor I saw he always used to tell me to lose weight so your definatley doing the right thing hon . If ever you want to chat just pm me !!!

2) To feel better about myself / looks
3) To have more choice in clothes

Just generally to help me love myself more, problem is my hubby is so easygoing and loves me just as I am so permanently treats me to bad things.. so he thinks he's being nice but it just makes me worse because I cant say no... but once on my shakes I shall !!!

xxxxx

Why oh why did I want to lose weight!!!

I wanted to lose weight because I was sick of hating myself.. hating looking in the mirror as I hated what I saw..

I wanted to lose weight to have energy to run around with my two little boys 2 & 3 and have lots of fun.. and not feel worn out.

I love nice clothes to and keep up with the latest trends I was sick of being the fat friend that noone discussed the latest fashion or the coolest designer jeans.. or noone asking me to go on a shopping spree anymore like we used to !!!

I want to be slim as I want to feel good and starting liking myself again and I can honestly say right now I look in the mirror and started liking what I see.. even though I still have a way to go!!!

We can do it CD ROCKS!!!!!

it's a good thread, and on here it's nice to be able to be totally honest and open about things. Been overweight far too long, hit 40 2 weeks ago, and it gave me the spur to try and change things for the better.
1. I want that feeling of self confidence back!
2. far too many clothes sitting unused cos i can't fit into them
3. not to be knackered running round the garden/park with my 10 yr old daughter and her mates - a fat dad is no fun!
4. put the spark back into my marriage, as until i started this again, i hated how i was looking, which in turn transmits to my wife, even tho she says she loves me whatever - no consolation when you don't love yourself...
5. health, energy, feeling of wellbeing restored.
those would have to be the main ones for me

Why did I decide to lose weight once and for all?
  1. To not be repulsed by reflection in the mirror.
  2. To find the 'me' who has been hiding under layers of blubber for years.
  3. To wear classy clothes and look good in them. Instead of cheap nasty clothes I have to buy because its the only thing that will fit.
  4. To be a fit & trendy mum whilst my children are still young.
  5. To have more energy.
  6. To be more energetic during sex :eek:
I am in week 5 and am enjoying my journey so far!
x

Wow this is great just reading everyones reasons to do it.. it actually helps and sparks more things in my own mind as to why I want to do it, well done everyone we can do this!!

I thought I'd wave as I'm just down the road :wavey:

I'm doing CD for lots of reasons like the ones already mentioned, but mainly I'm doing it for me ;)

I thought I'd wave as I'm just down the road :wavey:

I'm doing CD for lots of reasons like the ones already mentioned, but mainly I'm doing it for me ;)

Hiya ,:wavey: back at ya... not far atall are you, it has to be done for you tho doesnt it, otherwise you wont want to do it, well done!

ooooooooooo I used to live in Leighton Buzzard, went to Mentmore Middle school, then Cedars High School (as it was known then) xx

My eldest went to Cedar's (we moved here when he was 13), youngest goes to Southcott Lower school :)

Back