What's your secret for good weight losses?

Trango

Gold Member
Having the support and information from this site for a few weeks now, I am amazed at the brilliant weight losses other people seem to be getting.
I seem to fall short in comparison - whilst I'm not complaining, mine is coming off, just slowly :S

Do you have something you eat or drink that you feels makes the difference, if so can we share it please.

I am following the plan, sticking within my syns, attempting the water challenge and super speed foods, but have only done 2 1/2 in the last three weeks, can you suggest any secrets of success, PLEASE :) :D :)

Thanks in anticipation xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

2 words ... scan bran !!!! The weeks i have scan bran every day as a healthy extra , I lost far more than when I havent , that and lots of water !!!
Lots of people just cant stand scan bran , but it does grow on you , I love it now with phili light and cherry tomatoes , or as scan bran cake :D

Personally, it doesn't make a difference to my losses

The only advice i can give is to stick at it!

Swap things around, mix up your HEX's, but don't give up!

It does work, it might seem slow, but don't give up! X

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

Sticking to plan! Having lots of superfree foods(look at success express threads for inspiration of how to go superfree mad!), drinking water, increasing activity. But just keeping at it and trying different things within the plans and seeing what works for you.
Also not going too mad on the free foods making them superfree where possible for snacks etc
Good Luck and you have lost a good amount keep it up! :)

Have a look through peoples diaries to get an idea of the things they are having and pick up some tips. Also dont forget exercise!! Thing is, if you are losing and enjoying what youre eating, then just hang on in there. The losses may seem slow but as long as youre consistently losing you will get there in the end!! Im having to learn to be patient with 'slow' losses.

*Emsie* said:
Sticking to plan! Having lots of superfree foods(look at success express threads for inspiration of how to go superfree mad!), drinking water, increasing activity. But just keeping at it and trying different things within the plans and seeing what works for you.
Also not going too mad on the free foods making them superfree where possible for snacks etc
Good Luck and you have lost a good amount keep it up! :)

Just be wary of getting mixed up here-what was classed as superfree with success express isn't the same as superfree on extra easy :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welshtigger said:
Just be wary of getting mixed up here-what was classed as superfree with success express isn't the same as superfree on extra easy :)

Umm - not sure what you mean here hun. Superfree is the same on every plan - all fruit & veg ( except potatos paranips sweetcorn & peas) . Superfree means free on every plan!

Exercise always seems to work best for me. Although I get told off for saying that in group because it's not an essential part of the plan :x

Umm - not sure what you mean here hun. Superfree is the same on every plan - all fruit & veg ( except potatos paranips sweetcorn & peas) . Superfree means free on every plan!

She is right. SE was a plan which was developed before EE which has a different definition of superfree. Superfree in this context is anything which is free on red and green, including eggs, quorn, yogurt and so on.

kingleds said:

No it's not!!! Superfree on extra easy is non starchy veg(as you've stated) and FRESH and frozen fruit(with nothing added like sugars)
Superfree on SE was any food that was free on Green and Original-so included things like eggs, vlf cottage cheese, quark and all that type of stuff!
It can confused new members when people give info like that without checking it all first :)

JemmaBe said:
She is right. SE was a plan which was developed before EE which has a different definition of superfree. Superfree in this context is anything which is free on red and green, including eggs, quorn, yogurt and so on.

Not according to my book or consultant!! Eggs, quorn, yog are all free not superfree. She was discussing SE in group the other day and was very specific about what isn't included in the superfree 2/3rds eg potato, quorn,

Anyway, general rule of thumb is eat more fruit & veg to get better losses i find.

JemmaBe said:

Thanks JemmaBe
We posted at the same time! Lol :)

kingleds said:
Not according to my book or consultant!! Eggs, quorn, yog are all free not superfree. She was discussing SE in group the other day and was very specific about what isn't included in the superfree 2/3rds eg potato, quorn,

Anyway, general rule of thumb is eat more fruit & veg to get better losses i find.

If you have a SE booklet it will clearly state the definition of superfree for that particular plan! You undoubtably won't have an up to date SE book as SW don't promote it anymore for the exact reason shown in this post-the confusion caused as it's so similar to EE but with subtle differences :)

I tend to have my pasta and stodgy type meals with a massive plate of salad leaves. I have a bunch of the salad with every fork full of the stodge, and it makes it far more palatable and makes the meal last longer (which is good in my book). :)
Oh and yeah, exercise. I started the C25K plan and I'm sure its worked wonders.
I've had periods where it all seems slow. But I've been on it since mid Jan, and have lost 2 st 9lb. So even when it feels slow, it does all add up!

If you have a SE booklet it will clearly state the definition of superfree for that particular plan! You undoubtably won't have an up to date SE book as SW don't promote it anymore for the exact reason shown in this post-the confusion caused as it's so similar to EE but with subtle differences :)

My consultant is a baby consultant, she's only just "qualified" or whatever the term is and in her pack is a SE booklet and it states Superfree is ONLY Fruits and veggies.

I agree SCAN BRAN - love it with laughing cow lights dipped in ravioli and tomato sauce for a green day

also have you considered doing some red/green days - I find that helps too

exercise I found that I didn't lose weight but lost inches and improved my shape - do you measure your inches too? its a good indicator especially when your losses seem slow.

In my opinion - ask your consultant about success express to avoid conflicting info, might as well get it from the horses mouth so to speak:) My C did a session on it this week. I'm not doing it because want to maintain til the wedding at the minute but will be doing if when I'm back from my honeymoon

and cut out caffeine - plays havoc with blood sugars and craving 'naughties' give it a google and see what it comes up with

good luck, keep plodding, however looking at my weightloss you might not want to take my advice cos I'm pretty much in the same position as you lol xx

You see I'm sticking to plan and seeing tiny losses over the last few weeks and I really feel it's down to not drinking enough. I jsut drink tea and diet fizzies and the odd glass of water. It's my weigh in tomorrow so from when I get up I'm going to do the water challenge. Is it 2 litres a day? Does this include squash or should I really just stick to water? I prefer hot drinks so might make ginger and lime tea...

I must increase my water intake though. Great thread - thanks all.

I tend to stick to 2 litres plain water, but if you don't like it, then go for squash, or fruit/herbal teas. Basically add stuff which won't make you retain water.

Back