What's your secret for good weight losses?

kerryathome said:
I agree SCAN BRAN - love it with laughing cow lights dipped in ravioli and tomato sauce for a green day

also have you considered doing some red/green days - I find that helps too

exercise I found that I didn't lose weight but lost inches and improved my shape - do you measure your inches too? its a good indicator especially when your losses seem slow.

In my opinion - ask your consultant about success express to avoid conflicting info, might as well get it from the horses mouth so to speak:) My C did a session on it this week. I'm not doing it because want to maintain til the wedding at the minute but will be doing if when I'm back from my honeymoon

and cut out caffeine - plays havoc with blood sugars and craving 'naughties' give it a google and see what it comes up with

good luck, keep plodding, however looking at my weightloss you might not want to take my advice cos I'm pretty much in the same position as you lol xx

Thanks that's all really interesting, I do drink a lot of coffee, and as I drink it black it's obviously free, I will check it out :) also have been having scan bran every day this week so fingers crossed lol x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Some amazing suggestions from so many people, thanks so much for all your top tips. I am definitely gonna try green tea with berries or Jasmine. Already on the water challenge so aiming to continue with that. Also doing a mini scan bran challenge lol.

Grapefruit and 2 Scanbran topped with 4 Laughing cow cheeses for bfast

Baked beans for lunch

Pasta with Quorn meatballs for tea (Loadsa spices and chopped tomatoes)

I dont have much space for anything else

Mutts said:

Baked beans for lunch

Where are your syns??? Couldn't live without them :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mutts said:

Baked beans for lunch

Not just a lack of syns - a general lack of food! You haven't eaten a whole HEB let alone 2 (i'm assuming you are doing a green day). Seriously - how are you not starving??

Just tried green tea for the first time - yuck lol. It was just the plain one as I had free samples, I don't like tea anyway but still if I force one down today and tomorrow, who knows. Having some super speedy butternut squash for lunch, have drank 6 glasses of water so far lol.

Cut out normal tea altogether now only drink green tea and water, unless out for a meal in which case diet coke or white wine (synned)

Planning - it really is the key, I do a meal planner for the week then shop online so I end up with everything I need for the week ahead

This site - I do SW from home so you lot really are 'my group' I love the help and advise, support and useful tips

Faith - The plan really does work, I've struggled with my weight all my life and now at 31 I'm finally in control of it. I love my food, I never go hungry and I'm eating better than I have done in years.

3106Catherine said:
Cut out normal tea altogether now only drink green tea and water, unless out for a meal in which case diet coke or white wine (synned)

Planning - it really is the key, I do a meal planner for the week then shop online so I end up with everything I need for the week ahead

This site - I do SW from home so you lot really are 'my group' I love the help and advise, support and useful tips

Faith - The plan really does work, I've struggled with my weight all my life and now at 31 I'm finally in control of it. I love my food, I never go hungry and I'm eating better than I have done in years.

I agree, planning is crucial. Slow cooked meals are my lifeline when I have busy evenings with the kids!

I plan every week, if not the whole week, then certainly next few days. Breakfast, lunch and tea, and decide my a/b choices in advance. Helps with shopping list, and ensures i'm not 'looking' for something to eat when hungry - ie crap out of the freezer!

Love this thread thankyou! It made me look back at my last 20 weeks of dieting, the weeks I had consistent great losses week after week I had done sw superspeed soup. So back on the soup tomorrow lol.x

ILoveCake said:
Love this thread thankyou! It made me look back at my last 20 weeks of dieting, the weeks I had consistent great losses week after week I had done sw superspeed soup. So back on the soup tomorrow lol.x

I agree superspeed soup is awesome! I tend to have big losses on them weeks too x

Funky monkey said:
I agree superspeed soup is awesome! I tend to have big losses on them weeks too x

I made butternut squash speedy soup today, absolutely lovely in it's own right, then used the rest of it as a sauce for tea, fingers crossed for Wednesday wi. Also drank loads of water today, should balance out the yoo yoghurts I have been eating lol

raspberries, blueberries, pineapple and strawberries always seem to help me

More speedy soup and a bread pudding style scan bran cake, only 4 syns for the whole thing, so I have eaten it all, very full now and hoping it won't hinder the progress lol, am hoping for a reasonable loss :)

Another 1/2 off lol

Well after eating my speedy soups, drinking loads of water, eating lots of super free, doing a mini scan bran challenge and lots of body magic, I lost 1/2 lb :rolleyes:

However as I ate so many yoo fat free yoghurts which i thought were free and are at least 2 syns each, maybe I did well lol :eek:

Have bought lots of scan bran this week, totm coming up next week, I usually struggle to get a loss - however striving for a loss..... :cool:

Trango said:
Well after eating my speedy soups, drinking loads of water, eating lots of super free, doing a mini scan bran challenge and lots of body magic, I lost 1/2 lb :rolleyes:

However as I ate so many yoo fat free yoghurts which i thought were free and are at least 2 syns each, maybe I did well lol :eek:

Have bought lots of scan bran this week, totm coming up next week, I usually struggle to get a loss - however striving for a loss..... :cool:

I did exactly same when I did a 'fishy' week, SS, scan bran & loads of water and lost 0.5lb x

Great thread!
I find water really helps, writing things down in a food diary, going on this site and motivation from my mum, who is also following SW.
Also, as I'm following EE and only allowed one each of Hex A and Hex B, it has curbed my bread and cheese fetishes!! I was terrible for them and i'm sure they were part of the contribution to my weight gain. I think more about what I have and try to use the Hex's sensibly. Really cut down on bread and cheese now and i think it has helped.
Frozen grapes are great too, and super speed soup yum yum!!

x

When I was super good I found that a mix if red & green days with speed meat on reds were the most effective. So things like chicken breasts, seafood etc on red. Lost 4lbs one week then 3.5lbs the next doing this! And I was close to target! When I eat a lot of red meat like lamb, beef, shanks etc my losses slowed right down to a measly 0.5lbs, even gained one week! My ideal week is a mix of red and EE. I generally have slightly slower losses on EE but I prefer it and don't have to think too hard lol.

Back